Premiership side?

Deano

The thing that takes the edge off the games so far this season for me is that I think it'll only encourage the fat cunt to hang around longer which can only be a bad thing for the club.

If he hangs on to us then we're really fucked. For a full PL season we need massive investment and that's obviously not going to come from him.

Getting the wage bill down + yoyo-ing between the Championship and the PL could be a nice little earner :)

Forty odd thousand fans for home games and Premier League parachute payments every other year would generate a fair wedge of cash. Add to that the cash from any player sales and it could soon all add up to a pretty profitable venture for him :)

I think we're three or four players away from having a mid-low range premier league quality side, albeit not with much depth. Smith didn't get much of a chance to play torus in the premiership largely owing injury and fitness, for me he's streets ahead of Nicky Butt who in my opinion has run his race and should be put out to pasture. Guthrie is developing into a decent premier league midfielder, bit isn't there yet. Barton has been woeful for us, hopefully that changes but I'm not expecting anything. Harewood, Simpson and Khishi are only on loan with no indication that they will be signed on a permanent basis. Nolan was out of form in the premier league, but a few years back he was performing well for Bolton, so he's certainly capable of contributing at that level. The biggest problem I forsee is that the a

players that are doing it easy in the championship won't be dominant against better opponents, and when that happens the confidence will drop. We saw last season that when morale is low everything seems to go against you.

I know we're doing well at the minute but we've got to remember that this isn't too dissimilar to the side that got us relegated - we haven't really signed anyone so the only real difference is that we have more young and hungry platers in the side. While that's a good thing at this level, they may just be found wanting in the Premier League.

IF we go up this season then the squad is definitely going to need investment.