ahh it's all coming out now :o

come on people i bet theres more, time to come clean

Me too. Bastards :scratchchin:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed again ......but not surprised AGAIN :lol:

Once again other results went in our favour but as usual we shot ourselves in the foot.

Didnt we take advantage of other results at the weekend?

I'm talking about other results YESTERDAY. West Brom. Boro, and Preston all lost and 3 points today would have put us in a position whereby if we lost our next game and the others won we would still be on top by 2 points, but now we could be bumped off the top by West Brom should they win their next game and we don't.

Disappointed again ......but not surprised AGAIN :lol:

Once again other results went in our favour but as usual we shot ourselves in the foot.

Didnt we take advantage of other results at the weekend?

I'm talking about other results YESTERDAY. West Brom. Boro, and Preston all lost and 3 points today would have put us in a position whereby if we lost our next game and the others won we would still be on top by 2 points, but now we could be bumped off the top by West Brom should they win their next game and we don't.

10 games in, we're 3 points clear and only 11 points shy of our tally for the WHOLE of last season.

We should definitely be happy with this, particularly when you consider what most of us were fearing. Anyone who isn't happy needs to have a word with themselves tbh. We're not going to win every game and I'd rather we'd draw the odd one than lose it.

my fault

first time in years, i've backed us to win as part of a Treble :scratchhead:

i'll take my share too, first time I've bet on anything since euro 2008 :lol:

ahh it's all coming out now :o

come on people i bet theres more, time to come clean

Me too. Bastards :scratchchin:

:panic: I feel somewhat responsible too.

10 games in, we're 3 points clear and only 11 points shy of our tally for the WHOLE of last season.

We should definitely be happy with this, particularly when you consider what most of us were fearing. Anyone who isn't happy needs to have a word with themselves tbh. We're not going to win every game and I'd rather we'd draw the odd one than lose it.

+1 :lol:

Result was nearly handed to QPR on a plate due to Hughtons selection and Butts point blank refusal to carry out the managers instructions - the sooner he is out of our club the better - at one point Enrique(who ranged from utter dogshite to average) actually went over to the bench to tell them he was gettin no cover cos ginger boy kept pissing off into the midfield, but when Hughton shouted at Butt he might as well of stuck his fingers up at him and he went to the RM position so Nolan had to be brought across to help Jose - it was fuckin disgraceful

Disappointing not to win and really take advantage of other teams slipping up, but at least we fought back for the point. I thought QPR were the best footballing side we've played to be fair, perhaps not the best finishers though, which i'm happy about.

Hughton got the starting line-up completely wrong, never start a home match with 2 defensive midfielders and no pace or width and that could have cost us badly. But, unlike pretty much any other toon manager he seems able to admit to a mistake and change it, so he took Butt off at halftime to get some much needed width and then he made another change after 15 mins instead of waiting till its too late like other managers here would.

So i wish he hadn't made the mistake in the first place, but fair play on trying to rectify it. Much as i like Butt, his attitude and professionalism etc i don't see any real point in playing him ever at home, and away only in the absence of Smith.

Harewood looks lively and will be a good addition for the 3 months he's here.

Disappointing not to win and really take advantage of other teams slipping up, but at least we fought back for the point. I thought QPR were the best footballing side we've played to be fair, perhaps not the best finishers though, which i'm happy about.

Hughton got the starting line-up completely wrong, never start a home match with 2 defensive midfielders and no pace or width and that could have cost us badly. But, unlike pretty much any other toon manager he seems able to admit to a mistake and change it, so he took Butt off at halftime to get some much needed width and then he made another change after 15 mins instead of waiting till its too late like other managers here would.

So i wish he hadn't made the mistake in the first place, but fair play on trying to rectify it. Much as i like Butt, his attitude and professionalism etc i don't see any real point in playing him ever at home, and away only in the absence of Smith.

We missed R Taylors set piece delivery (amazingly) cos guthrie had a mare - agree about harewood and i like Zurab, very composed, Routledge was really good for them and i thought they were a good side aided by the fact that they could run rings around our midfield with their pace

We missed R Taylors set piece delivery (amazingly) cos guthrie had a mare - agree about harewood and i like Zurab, very composed, Routledge was really good for them and i thought they were a good side aided by the fact that they could run rings around our midfield with their pace

Yeah, i would always have Guthrie in my starting lineup and i think he has a good set piece delivery alot of the time, but he had a shocker tonight! And like you say we had too slow a midfield to cope with their pace in that area.

The inability of our team to keep hold of the fuckin' ball is doing my napper in :lol: . If we can just sort out this most basic requirement, instead of repeatedly giving the opposition the ball (and usually a great attacking option) we would indeed, and I quote, 'piss this league'.

I wonder what Nolan will look like on Satdee. Something tells me he will be fuckin' devoid of any strength, making him even less mobile than he looked today.

Ranger doesn't help himself. Lethargic. If he's not on the bench for the Bristol City game, replaced by Harewood, I'll be astonished.

We didn't wake up until the half-hour mark. Guthrie and Enrique had shockers. When Jonas came on there was no real understanding between him & Enrique, but at least they kept trying. While Ranger has shown some decent lay offs and held the ball up I'm pretty sure he's not yet had a proper shot at goal in all the games he's played. I'd start with Harewood as soon as he's fit enough.

I think we could easily have lost tonight and QPR played round us at will. It would have been nice to be 5 points ahead but this result should keep the players on their toes for Saturday.

Nile Ranger is fucking useless tbh

:lol:

Bell end.

Care to list his qualities? Even his half-qualities?

The lad has nothing man. I mean, Shola is shit like, but he's twice the player Ranger is.

Pace, good touch, decent skills, good strength, great jump and a great header. Fairly good shot on him.

He also has youth on his side and If he keeps getting into decent positions goals will come.

Well a point is better than nothing but mick lowes is right, 2 points lost rather than 1 point gained.

Just didnt turn up tonight.

Harper...6 Didnt have much to do but poor kicking caused us problems.

Simpson...6 Quiet, didnt get forward enough.

Taylor...7 Done his job

Khizanishvili...7 Solid

Enrique...6 Final ball and decision making was poor

Guthrie...5 Missed penalty and didnt pick himself up.

Butt...5 Shit...quiet and gave ball away

Smith...7 Battled hard

Nolan...5 Non-entity

Carroll...6 Not interested

Ranger...6 Worked hard in 1st half

Harewood: 7 GOAL...busy

Lovenkrands...N/A

Just very lacklustre and lethargic performance, lets hope thats out of our system now.

What exactly are you basing that on? The fucking radio?

Pace, good touch, decent skills, good strength, great jump and a great header. Fairly good shot on him.

He also has youth on his side and If he keeps getting into decent positions goals will come.

"Great Jump", "Great Header"?. Les Ferdinand had a "Great Jump" and "Great Header". Nile Ranger clearly hasn't.

He's fucking hopeless

I very much doubt I will Sima.

I very much doubt Les Ferdinand was setting the world alight aged 18 at the same time...

What has his comparative age got to do anything? You've already said he has a great jump and a great header, basically insinuating that he already has those the qualities to play at the top level in those two areas.

Edited by Sima

Is it not possible to have abilities without having already utilised them in a competitive fixture?

He's a good footballer with a lot of potential and simply labelling a young athlete as 'fucking useless' (especially basing it on very little) is pretty much retarded.

Unless you're on the wind up...:lol:

tbf Tom while Ranger has shown the odd bit of promise here and there, he's certainly not setting the world alight.

IMO he's in the team because of our situtation, both in terms of squad size and the league we're in. He's on a par with the likes of Chopra & Brayson for me.

I hardly said he was setting the world alight, I just disagreed with Sima's opinion he's ''fucking useless''.

Whether Ranger will grow to cut it in the top flight or even develop into a player capable of fronting a championship strike force remains to be seen.