Newcastle 1-1 QPR

nortoon

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the voice is a lot to do with it but she also seems clueless.

Seems more of a statement than a constant.

Last night she said Jonas wasn't an attacking winger but at least he'd put some good crosses into the box. She knows her stuff.

going back to the match i think they will do well this year, maybe sneak into the play-offs, they have only lost 1 game so far, and the thing is in this league we can't expect to win every game, lots of points will be lost along the way, it happens to a most clubs that get relegated, look at WBA losing last night and last year Wolves and Brum lost/draw their fair share of games.

I think the voice is a lot to do with it but she also seems clueless.

Seems more of a statement than a constant.

Last night she said Jonas wasn't an attacking winger but at least he'd put some good crosses into the box. She knows her stuff.

:D

Anyone with a nob would get the sack.

QPR should take a lot of credit with continuing throughout the game to take it to us. I can't recall any time wasting, whether winning or drawing, and continued to go for the victory throughout.

Harper almost made a classic clanger last night - ambled out to clear a ball about 20 yards out, only to mis-hit his clearance straight to one of their players about 40 yards out (he, luckily for us, put his shot wide). Come to think of this, was it Harper who did something similar last season, or the season before, away from home somewhere?????? There's a bell ringing in my head, but I can't recall the details.

QPR should take a lot of credit with continuing throughout the game to take it to us. I can't recall any time wasting, whether winning or drawing, and continued to go for the victory throughout.

Harper almost made a classic clanger last night - ambled out to clear a ball about 20 yards out, only to mis-hit his clearance straight to one of their players about 40 yards out (he, luckily for us, put his shot wide). Come to think of this, was it Harper who did something similar last season, or the season before, away from home somewhere?????? There's a bell ringing in my head, but I can't recall the details.

Alonso lobbed him from miles out when Harper slipped trying to make up his ground. Is that what you're thinking of, maybe?

Alonso lobbed him from miles out when Harper slipped trying to make up his ground. Is that what you're thinking of, maybe?

That's the one. I thought it was Alonso, but my mind was confused by Kennilworth Road. I now realise that the Kennilworth Road thought relates to Alonso doing it in an FA Cup game there on tv a couple of seasons ago.

Well, I was wrong on Cacapa.

But at least I'm man enough to admit it.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Ranger won't amount to fuck all. The phrase he's only young, he can only improve was banded about for someone around 8-9 years ago and Ranger isn't even in the same league as Ameobi (who is shite)

Disappointed again ......but not surprised AGAIN :D

Once again other results went in our favour but as usual we shot ourselves in the foot.

Didnt we take advantage of other results at the weekend?

I'm talking about other results YESTERDAY. West Brom. Boro, and Preston all lost and 3 points today would have put us in a position whereby if we lost our next game and the others won we would still be on top by 2 points, but now we could be bumped off the top by West Brom should they win their next game and we don't.

10 games in, we're 3 points clear and only 11 points shy of our tally for the WHOLE of last season.

We should definitely be happy with this, particularly when you consider what most of us were fearing. Anyone who isn't happy needs to have a word with themselves tbh. We're not going to win every game and I'd rather we'd draw the odd one than lose it.

Don't misunderstand me Craig, I was only referring to historical facts that when golden opportunities are laid before us on a silver plate we rarely seem to be able to capitalize on them. I'm happy we didn't lose, I'm happy we got a draw, but naturally I would have been much happier had we won and gone 5 points ahead rather than 3.

harsh to write off ranger at this stage given he's only played a handful of games. he's raw but he's got some pace and strength. might turn out to be a decent player. far too early to say either way on what we've seen so far though. could blossom into a ferdinand or could shuffle towards something approaching shola's level

harsh to write off ranger at this stage given he's only played a handful of games. he's raw but he's got some pace and strength. might turn out to be a decent player. far too early to say either way on what we've seen so far though. could blossom into a ferdinand or could shuffle towards something approaching shola's level

Exactly, surely it's too early to tell. I wouldn't write him off on the basis that Ameobi was never capable of improvement, so neither is he. Truly exceptional strikers like Shearer and Rooney did the business from an early age but no-one's claiming Ranger's in their league.

I remember thinking Saha never looked anything special when he was on loan with us as a youngster and then I saw him take us to pieces a few years later at Craven Cottage.

Well, I was wrong on Cacapa.

But at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Aye righto :D I think it's the 1st time ever you'ev admitted you were wrong and it's not like you had a choice. You've barely posted on here since either.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :rolleyes::lol::o:panic::aye:

He was under pressure and he cleared it up pitch about 30yards out. It wasnt a good clearance but freeze the frame when it lands to the players feet and you would be hoping your defence would do a whole lot better than it did.