Newcastle 1-1 QPR

nortoon

He was under pressure and he cleared it up pitch about 30yards out. It wasnt a good clearance but freeze the frame when it lands to the players feet and you would be hoping your defence would do a whole lot better than it did.

1-1.jpg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was under pressure and he cleared it up pitch about 30yards out. It wasnt a good clearance but freeze the frame when it lands to the players feet and you would be hoping your defence would do a whole lot better than it did.

He's about 5 yards from the corner flag and it lands less than 5 yards from the box so it's more like 20-25 yards on his good foot. I like him but it's a fault of his that he never puts the ball into touch which is exactly what he should have done there. He's a 'footballer' and always tries to play football even when he shouldn't. Like on this occasion. One of the defenders doing 'bot all' actually gets a challenge in and he's unlucky that it deflects into the goal. Like I said, I like him and he's a touch of class in this league but he is definitely prone to giving the ball away under pressure when a hoof up the pitch or into touch is the better option.

enrique has been good this season but he does have a worrying habit of playing dangerous balls infield across our own box or fannying around trying to turn a defender so he can clear the ball with a short pass when sometimes putting his foot through it would be the more sensible option. he's obviously too good for this level butl a good old fashioned row z clearance is still sometimes required. collocini is guilty of this too.

I think he was trying to hoof it, he just misshit it

So how is that not his fault then? :D I already said he should have put it into touch. I take the point about the other defenders btw - one sold himself a bit but one of the players you've circled has chased back after not being goal side of the player who scored, following the poor clearance, and the others are caught out by the misplaced pass too. You can rarely attribute a goal to being the fault of a single player but Enrique is far more to blame than anyone else on this occasion imo.

Edited by alex

I'm a big fan of Enrique and delighted he wasn't one of the players we sold, but the goal was mostly down to him this time, and his one fault is that occasional daft ball he'll play into trouble rather than hoof it out. I think we could still have maybe defended it a bit better after he hit the clearance, but he was the chief culprit for that goal.

No, and contrary to alex's assertion I didnt say it wasnt his fault. It was a poor clearance but there were other defenders infield who should have helped him out after his mistake

Absolutely.

I guess my annoyance has built from the last couple of games where he's made similar mistakes. Thing is he is to good for this level and it shows, and I think he knows it. Unfortunately his over confidence has a habit of biting him in the ass sometimes.

Goals. Not sure if these have been posted.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26...5599545,00.html

Didn't realise it was Enriques terrible clearance that led to their goal. :D

A 'harshly awarded penalty'. Bollocks. The lad's hand was way up in the air and it should never have been there.

'brilliantly saved by the keeper, Cerny' Whaaaaaaat??? Does this guy know anything about football?? It was one of the shittest penalties ever. My fatha, who is in his 80's and has a gammy leg would have saved it.

It was a terrible clearance though :D

True, but let's not overlook the fact that the ball was deflected off Saylor's foot and out of Harper's reach.

I didn't.