Commentator dream team

Holden McGroin

I would go with:

TV gantry:

[Commentator]: Brian Moore (RIP)

[Colour]: Jim Beglin (although I always liked Andy Gray in the early PL days & Big Ron was ok)

In the Studio:

[Presenter]: Jeff Stelling

[Pundit #1]: Alan Hansen

[Pundit #2]: Rodney Marsh (for the controversy)

:D

TV gantry:

Main Commentator :- John Motson -: Before he lost a bit of his mind. I do subscribe to a bit of the BBC nostalgia. His mispronunciation of pretty much every name in the 2002 World cup and Euro 2004 was priceless.

Side Kick :- It's generally quite hard to find a co-commentator who doesn't genuinely hate Newcastle but I would say Lawrenson as he does at least seem decent.

[Presenter]: Gary Lineker.

[Pundit #1]: Alan Shearer.

[Pundit #2]: Lee Dixon.

On the presenter front I also enjoy Gabby Logan when she does football...

the bbc and sky boys are all getting a bit old and crusty these days if you ask me. sky is like an old boy's club with richie keyes and andy grey not getting any younger. time to start blooding the next generation

And the worst team of all time:

TV gantry:

[Commentator]: Jacqui Oatley

[Colour]: Craig Burley

In the Studio:

[Presenter]: John Barnes

[Pundit #1]: Kenny Dalglish

[Pundit #2]: The really hideously annoying black man that nods vigorously and who's name refuses to come to me now!!

TV gantry:

In the Studio:

[Pundit #2]: The really hideously annoying black man that nods vigorously and who's name refuses to come to me now!!

Garth Crooks??

Jonathan Pearce from his Capital Gold days (before BBC and MOTD insisted he toned down his commentary style). The Euro 96 semi-final was legendary:

"Germany equalise through Kuntz and never was a man more aptly named....."

Got to have Kamara pitch side too :D

Brian Moore is hopefully in hell for his commentary on the leagu cup quarter final against Arsenal in 95.

I quite like Ian Darke - a shame he stopped doing football on sky for a while.

I fucking hate Motson as well.

Brian Moore is hopefully in hell for his commentary on the leagu cup quarter final against Arsenal in 95.

Was that the game where Lee Dixon kicked the shit out of Ginola and Gerald fucking Ashby (hopefully stoking the fires with Moore) gave Ginola no protection at all?

IIRC the minute Ginola decided enough was enough and retaliated, he was sent off.

Guest Stevie

He's the best one, I have Newcastle v Sheff Wed on tape from 1993 when we won 4-2 on a Monday night, and he gave the best commentary I've heard that night. He's good at boxing commentary too. I think Martin Tyler is becoming old and sterile now.

Was that the game where Lee Dixon kicked the shit out of Ginola and Gerald fucking Ashby (hopefully stoking the fires with Moore) gave Ginola no protection at all?

IIRC the minute Ginola decided enough was enough and retaliated, he was sent off.

Aye, Lee Dixon done him one tackle in particular which was at least a booking which could have snapped his leg (a bit like the Eduardo/Taylor one but with more intent). Can't remember if the ref even gave a foul but he didn't brandish a card. Ginola was later booked for diving after another foul by Dixon when he was bearing down on goal. Ginola lost it, elbowed Dixon and got sent off. Wright scored a goal which moved a lot but which Pav should've saved iirc correctly.

Edited by alex

Yeah - I was at the game but made the mistake of watching a tape of it - I couldn't believe the commentary. The so called ref was Gerald Ashby and he is also dead - call me a bastard but my reaction to the that particular news was "good".

He's the best one, I have Newcastle v Sheff Wed on tape from 1993 when we won 4-2 on a Monday night, and he gave the best commentary I've heard that night. He's good at boxing commentary too. I think Martin Tyler is becoming old and sterile now.

Agree about Ian Darke. I'd forgotten all about him.

I think Martin Tyler is becoming old and sterile now.

He's too far up the big fours arse (same as the rest of them)

I also hate him for a comment he made in the Chelsea Man Utd game after Lampards Mam died when he said "Chelsea - united - against THE united" - cunt.

Remember pre-Sky etc.? When there was very little football on telly bar England games etc.? 'Greavsie' was on ITV on in the studio any time there was a game on. World Cups, European Championships, England qualifiers, FA Cup Finals, you name it. People thought he was funny as well.

Remember pre-Sky etc.? When there was very little football on telly bar England games etc.? 'Greavsie' was on ITV on in the studio any time there was a game on. World Cups, European Championships, England qualifiers, FA Cup Finals, you name it. People thought he was funny as well.

TV gantry:

In the Studio:

Garth Crooks??

That's him.

A bit harsh on Burley really, but can't think of a really poor co-commentator.

Chris Waddle's pelanties piss me off, as does half of the football media calling the Chelsea full back Jose Botswingwa