Pompy are soooooo fucked!

dbsweeney

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you take, him or Ashley? I think I would have to go with Ashley on this one ha ha I never thought I would live to see tha day that I said that ha ha.

I'd take both of them - at the same time. WBAB.

How long before their players become free agents and available for transfer (non payment of wages will result in breech of contract). Is there anyone we could want/get ??

Who would you take, him or Ashley? I think I would have to go with Ashley on this one ha ha I never thought I would live to see tha day that I said that ha ha.

I'd take both of them - at the same time. WBAB.

How long before their players become free agents and available for transfer (non payment of wages will result in breech of contract). Is there anyone we could want/get ??

Dindane, Piquionne, Kaboul and Finnan perhaps are the only ones really.

They can easily raise £50m by asking every man, woman and child in the country to donate £1 on the agreement that no one will ring that fucking bell ever again.

:D

gold tbh

this bell ?

SNN0415J_69225a.jpg

My old Sgt Major is a Pompy fan and knows that bloke, apparently a very normal guy out of games who is loaded himself. ( I'm not really inputing much there but i saw the pic and thought i'd add a comment :icon_lol: )

I used to watch Pompey play regulary at Fratton Park when I was growing up. I grew up in Landport Portsmouth, also Milton. Although they were shite at the time. When people like Guy Witingham used to play and Walshy. All my family are Pompey mad I guess I was just rebelious because have always supported Newcastle.

I used to live in the Meon Valley Pub thats just a 5 minute walk from Fratton Park to.

Am going to jump on plane with a few of my mate and are all watching the Forest gane in couple of weeks too cant wait. It gets a bit exsepnsive going to games where I live in the channel islands. Cost a bomb to leave the rock I live on now.

Best get that F.A cup DVD while before the club shop becomes an Argos boys! :D

You should consider the fact that your own club has narrowly escaped a similar financial ruin before going onto mocking someone else.

I think he probably has. I bet Pompey fans were laughing at our fate too. That's the nature of football fans though.

Best get that F.A cup DVD while before the club shop becomes an Argos boys! :D

You should consider the fact that your own club has narrowly escaped a similar financial ruin before going onto mocking someone else.

There's no hypocrisy from Sunderland fans like. :icon_lol:

Yeah how can this lot complete 2 takeovers in 6 weeks, yet we take more than 6 months and still cant do anything about it? Farcical and points further to the fact that the club are STILL spinning us all over this, despite admitting the same in court.

Surely there are only so many middle eastern muppets willing to throw money at a football club. Whenever a team looks like they're going under, up pops some unknown Arab bloke called Mohammed El Jibab Al Mansour-Jones, or Jimmy to his friends to buy them. It seems the worse you have been run, the better you're chances are of an Arab takeover. Newcastle being an obvious exception of course. Liverpool will be the next club to dodge a bullet when their debts become a bit spicy.

Makes you wonder if Harry sensed something when Spurs came knocking. He left at just the right time.

Yeah how can this lot complete 2 takeovers in 6 weeks, yet we take more than 6 months and still cant do anything about it? Farcical and points further to the fact that the club are STILL spinning us all over this, despite admitting the same in court.

No doubt they're going to come out of a dodgy short-lived ownership smelling of roses much like Manchester City did. Us on the other hand.....

To be honest, I think we'd still be a more attractive proposition by far were it not for the ridiculous asking price (I'm guessing Portsmouth have been sold for their approximate worth). Incidentally they've now had as many owners as they've got points this season.

To be honest, I think we'd still be a more attractive proposition by far were it not for the ridiculous asking price (I'm guessing Portsmouth have been sold for their approximate worth). Incidentally they've now had as many owners as they've got points this season.

:ninja:

I honestly believe the thing scaring off investors is the current owner. If it was SJH and he was looking to sell his share, we'd have seen it go through pretty damn quick.

I'm terrified there's a financial spaghetti bowl behind the scenes, but I'm hoping it's the £100m asking price that's blocking investors.

I'm still aching to hear Ashley be taken to task by a serious journalist, unbiased and ruthless. Nothing that's come out of that strata of the club has satisfied me. An awful period of false promises, empty platitudes, misdirection and obfuscation will be his legacy.

• 1 month later...

I see in the press that the players haven't been paid (or at least only partly paid) their November wages.

i thought all of this had been sorted out 'cause of the new owner.

What the hell is going on? One insolvent sells, only for another to buy it?

If that's the case, then Pompey really are in big trouble.

While the no nonsense title of this thread probably says it all about Pompey it posibly shines a light on our own failure to sell. Aside from the truly loaded (Chelsea and Citeh) there just isn't the money out there to buy football clubs. (Moat was apparently way short of buying NUFC even at the knockdown figure) Many past takeovers (think Liverpool and Man U) were based upon borrowed money and that is difficult to do right now.

Liverpool, Everton and West Ham can't get new owners or investment. And for the use their owners are (whoever it is this week) you can add Portsmouth to that list. Its always tempting to rip it out of sides in trouble (I do (!) and plenty laughed when we went down) but there is a bigger picture where we will see a lot more football clubs in trouble possibly including some big names. If Liverpool don't qulaify for the CL their finances will take a massive hit. If Portsmouth and West Ham are in danger of going threppenies up in the premiership then what would relegation do to them? They'll probably be sooooo fucked as Toontastic's business reporter said at the start.

The thing that really pisses me off is that football should not be skint at all - never been more popular, never had more money coming into it - never had more crazy sums sucked out of it by greedy player wages and parasitic agents - and there is the real problem.

I see in the press that the players haven't been paid (or at least only partly paid) their November wages.

i thought all of this had been sorted out 'cause of the new owner.

What the hell is going on? One insolvent sells, only for another to buy it?

If that's the case, then Pompey really are in big trouble.

Al-Faraj basically admitted he wasn't rich in an interview soon after he bought the club. Said it was just a "business investment".

• 1 month later...
Portsmouth face Sol Campbell lawsuit

Former Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is suing the Premier League club for unpaid fees and bonuses.

The 35-year-old, now at Arsenal, claims he is owed £1.7m in image rights and bonus payments following three seasons as a player at Fratton Park.

"The matter is being dealt with by our lawyers," said a club spokesman.

Beleaguered Portsmouth are preparing to appeal against a winding-up petition from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs following a High Court judge's ruling.

The south-coast club argued the VAT part of its tax bill was too high, but Mr Justice Newey dismissed the claim and the hearing is expected to go ahead on 10 February.

The 2008 FA Cup champions also owe about £10m to clubs in the Premier League and abroad and are currently barred from signing new players because of a Premier League transfer embargo.

Meanwhile, chief executive Peter Storrie has appeared before Southwark Crown Court accused of one count of cheating the public revenue between 1 July 2003 and 28 November 2007.

The details of Storrie's charge claim he "cheated the public revenue" over a signing-on fee during midfielder Amdy Faye's move from Auxerre to Portsmouth in 2003.

Portsmouth face Sol Campbell lawsuit

Former Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is suing the Premier League club for unpaid fees and bonuses.

The 35-year-old, now at Arsenal, claims he is owed £1.7m in image rights and bonus payments following three seasons as a player at Fratton Park.

"The matter is being dealt with by our lawyers," said a club spokesman.

Beleaguered Portsmouth are preparing to appeal against a winding-up petition from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs following a High Court judge's ruling.

The south-coast club argued the VAT part of its tax bill was too high, but Mr Justice Newey dismissed the claim and the hearing is expected to go ahead on 10 February.

The 2008 FA Cup champions also owe about £10m to clubs in the Premier League and abroad and are currently barred from signing new players because of a Premier League transfer embargo.

Meanwhile, chief executive Peter Storrie has appeared before Southwark Crown Court accused of one count of cheating the public revenue between 1 July 2003 and 28 November 2007.

The details of Storrie's charge claim he "cheated the public revenue" over a signing-on fee during midfielder Amdy Faye's move from Auxerre to Portsmouth in 2003.

bit of a dick move by him