Newcastle United 0-0 Bristol City

Tom

Hit the bar, hit the crossbar, keeper pulled off two great saves, ref denied us a blatant penalty, their winger with dreadlocks must have handled the ball at least five times and we didn't once get a free kick, it was a bit unbelievable. We weren't great today, far from it, but we were a lot better than wednesday, things just didn't go our way.

At least the sight see-ers were happy, can't remember as many QPR/Bristol City fans making the trek in the old days.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck we did not win this is beyond me. It's days like this that I fuckin' HATE football. Chances, chances and a shit referee. Bristol City are no more than an average team who were there for the taking. But, NUFC, being NUFC, couldn't do it. FFS.

Bristow fans almost as bad as the QPR lot.

We'll have days like these. They say things balance themselves up over a season, which means we'll win the odd game we should have lost, probably by the ball going in off Alan Smith's arse or something in the last minute of extra time

One of the games we were fortunate to win was Cardiff away! Yes they didn't create many clear opportunities, but they could have easily had a penalty and our only really effort on goal was Coloccini's goal itself. Yesterday was hugely frustrating, especially as I'd hoped for at least 4 points from back-to-back home games, but we have generally looked more comfortable on the road when teams have been more open....here's to smashing Notts Forest live on Sky on the 17th!

Was it me or did the commentators keep referring to the keeper as this Adriano guy who wasn't actually playing?

Aye, they did. They were also reporting that Reading were 1 up against Boro during the entire first half.

Guest Stevie

I've been going to games 24 years, and that penalty call on Harewood, is the worst decision I've ever seen, honestly the worst, the linesman was a coward too, he put his flag up first for fuck all, as soon as the ref blew up for a foul though oh his flag was up quicker than France's white one in a war.

Aside from that they were a shit team and we should've been more decisive. Their support was piss poor too, all these teams supports are like Japanese tourists here.

I've been going to games 24 years, and that penalty call on Harewood, is the worst decision I've ever seen, honestly the worst, the linesman was a coward too, he put his flag up first for fuck all, as soon as the ref blew up for a foul though oh his flag was up quicker than France's white one in a war.

Aside from that they were a shit team and we should've been more decisive. Their support was piss poor too, all these teams supports are like Japanese tourists here.

The referee and linesmans performance was worse than that cunt that did the Chelsea Barca semi - he was letting them encroach on free kicks, didn't give four obvious handballs, generally most 50/50 decisions went against us and to cap it all the non-penalty decision - i agree they were shite and there for the taking but i can't really criticise Hughton because it wa a good team selection - just a bad day at the office.

I think Carroll was a brilliant impact sub

Although we had plenty possession and chances, including hitting the woodwork 3 times I think I didn't think there was any real urgency about our play until Carroll came on.

I think we did enough to win we were just unlucky.

I agree but I think we should have dominated them more is all I'm saying. We were a bit lackadaisical until the last 15 mins or so as though before that we just thought we had to go through the motions to win.

St James' Park may be enormous, but it ain't half ugly. Obviously, half the ground is bigger than the other, and what's with the awful grey seats? Why not black and white? Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Ashton_Gate.jpg

Lush...

St James' Park may be enormous, but it ain't half ugly. Obviously, half the ground is bigger than the other, and what's with the awful grey seats? Why not black and white? Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Ashton_Gate.jpg

Lush...

Is that for real? thought it was one of those shite Paint images you've been banging on about lately.

Ashton_Gate.jpg

Lush...

See where the GWR fm bit is ?? Well, for years and years and years, those seats never existed. If you see old footage of Ashton Gate you'll see that there was this fucking ugly brick wall with virtually fuck all in front of it but it had the seats behind. Ugly shithole. Less ugly now, but still fucking ugly.

I think I heard them twice the whole game.

Saturday was my first visit to SJP this season and on what I saw nothing much has changed since last season. I am sorry but this is my opinion. We had a number of chances, hit the woodwork a few times and had a blatant penalty turned down and so on but in all we were poor. We played like that last seaon and were relegated, which says a lot for this league. They were a poor side and we could not take the initiative and win.

Dropping four points at home in the space of four days is simply not good enough, it's the complacency and the lack of ability to convert a poor performance into a positive result. It worries me that we cannot grind out a result and I wonder why he had to mess around with the team, I wonder what his reason for not starting with Carroll or Ranger. Guthrie looked likr a less than average CCC player.

Despite all of this we are top and 3 points clear, why should I moan, after all there's a long season ahead.

I quite like Ashton Gate like... traditional old style football ground with bags of character. Like that far more than these 'out of the box' new stadia like Pride Park, SOL, St Marys, Riverside, etc...

Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Was that because no one could hear them?