Newcastle United 0-0 Bristol City

St James' Park may be enormous, but it ain't half ugly. Obviously, half the ground is bigger than the other, and what's with the awful grey seats? Why not black and white? Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Ashton_Gate.jpg

Lush...

See where the GWR fm bit is ?? Well, for years and years and years, those seats never existed. If you see old footage of Ashton Gate you'll see that there was this fucking ugly brick wall with virtually fuck all in front of it but it had the seats behind. Ugly shithole. Less ugly now, but still fucking ugly.

I think I heard them twice the whole game.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday was my first visit to SJP this season and on what I saw nothing much has changed since last season. I am sorry but this is my opinion. We had a number of chances, hit the woodwork a few times and had a blatant penalty turned down and so on but in all we were poor. We played like that last seaon and were relegated, which says a lot for this league. They were a poor side and we could not take the initiative and win.

Dropping four points at home in the space of four days is simply not good enough, it's the complacency and the lack of ability to convert a poor performance into a positive result. It worries me that we cannot grind out a result and I wonder why he had to mess around with the team, I wonder what his reason for not starting with Carroll or Ranger. Guthrie looked likr a less than average CCC player.

Despite all of this we are top and 3 points clear, why should I moan, after all there's a long season ahead.

St James' Park may be enormous, but it ain't half ugly. Obviously, half the ground is bigger than the other, and what's with the awful grey seats? Why not black and white? Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Ashton_Gate.jpg

Lush...

See where the GWR fm bit is ?? Well, for years and years and years, those seats never existed. If you see old footage of Ashton Gate you'll see that there was this fucking ugly brick wall with virtually fuck all in front of it but it had the seats behind. Ugly shithole. Less ugly now, but still fucking ugly.

I think I heard them twice the whole game.

the last time i was there (Jim Smith was manager,it pissed down and we got beat one nowt) was the last time I was assaulted at at football match....the away end (behind the right hand goal) was an open terrace and we got fuckin saoked, then jumped by a bunch of yokels who came bombing down a hill in a park near the ground...they had a serious mob in those days but I imagine it was their bairns who started the trouble yesterday.... :ninja:

Still, I enjoyed all the anti-Mike Ashley chants. To which we responded with: "There's only one Mike Ashley..." They didn't find that funny, either!

Was that because no one could hear them?

Was going to say. :ninja:

I'm about 10 seats away from the away fans, and never heard that.