Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

From the Mirror:
Kevin Keegan has done much good for Newcastle. But with this one act of folly he has shown that money is his god

By Brian McNally

Published 14:49 02/10/09

Kevin Keegan may have been declared the winner in his battle with former employers Newcastle United.

But in many respects he has come out of this grubby affair as a loser.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

There is absolutely no doubt that Keegan was treated despicably by owner Mike Ashley and his cohorts, but the outrageous extravagance of his claim has left him looking as much a user as the despised Ashley.

The Toon Army looked on Keegan as a man of the people- as one of them. They know differently now.

Their illusion has been shattered into a thousand pieces by a man whose greedy demands are proof that he cared more about cash than the club he publicly professed to love.

No one would deny him the right to clear his name or prove that he was the wronged party. But the sheer scale of his attempt to profit from his treatment is breathtakingly extravagant.

Down the years Keegan has done much good for the Magpies. But with this one act of folly he has shown that like many in football, money is his god.

The details of this sordid affair make sorry reading for the Geordie faithful who were already well aware of the squalid regime that Ashley and his right-hand man Derek Llambias operate and the lies that they have peddled.

But until today they believed that King Kev had their best interests at heart.

Now they have 25 million reasons to doubt him as the credibility of Newcastle United once again lies in tatters.

Are they having a laugh?! :icon_lol:

Fucking hell. :D

Unbelievable really that they could come to this conclusion after the damning evidence from the tribunal. Even more unbelievable since the tribunal made it clear that Ashley and co. have been lying to the press for months.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Mirror:
Kevin Keegan has done much good for Newcastle. But with this one act of folly he has shown that money is his god

By Brian McNally

Kevin Keegan may have been declared the winner in his battle with former employers Newcastle United.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

There is absolutely no doubt that Keegan was treated despicably by owner Mike Ashley and his cohorts, but the outrageous extravagance of his claim has left him looking as much a user as the despised Ashley.

The Toon Army looked on Keegan as a man of the people- as one of them. They know differently now.

Their illusion has been shattered into a thousand pieces by a man whose greedy demands are proof that he cared more about cash than the club he publicly professed to love.

No one would deny him the right to clear his name or prove that he was the wronged party. But the sheer scale of his attempt to profit from his treatment is breathtakingly extravagant.

Down the years Keegan has done much good for the Magpies. But with this one act of folly he has shown that like many in football, money is his god.

The details of this sordid affair make sorry reading for the Geordie faithful who were already well aware of the squalid regime that Ashley and his right-hand man Derek Llambias operate and the lies that they have peddled.

Now they have 25 million reasons to doubt him as the credibility of Newcastle United once again lies in tatters.

Are they having a laugh?! :D

Which one's Brian McNally?

Cunt

What a load of bullshit, whatever clown wrote that wants sacking. It's well known that you exaggerate claims so you can settle for a lower, more reasonable amount. To think we'd suddenly hate KK for suing Ashley for a load of money is as inane as thinking we'd hate him for walking out, and both notions come from the same fat ass who caused this in the first place.

Doesn't surprise me though, it's obvious Ashley had been stepping up the anti-KK PR in the days and weeks as the tribunal decision drew nearer and no doubt his campaign will only get nastier now that he's lost. I expect to hear 'one Kevin Keegan' on Saturday though and I hope Ashley chokes on it.

From the Mirror:

By Brian McNally

Cunt

brian-mcnally.jpg

make that fat cunt

Guest Stevie
From the Mirror:

By Brian McNally

Cunt

He's a fat bearded Celtic supporting jock who made Neil Farringdon look like Henry Winter.

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

This for me is all I needed to read. All I think anyone needs to understand. Anyone who it buying any of the shite being sent out via the club/press etc and actually buying it should read and remember this top line first. Then read it again. Think its the only time they have done it? I think not.

Bloke doesn't deserve to set foot in the north east let alone our club.

That's a quote from Keegan and not the Tribunal.

You should read the actual Tribunal findings.

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

This for me is all I needed to read. All I think anyone needs to understand. Anyone who it buying any of the shite being sent out via the club/press etc and actually buying it should read and remember this top line first. Then read it again. Think its the only time they have done it? I think not.

Does the tribunal contradict anything in that statement?

You sure?

You prefer...

26. The Club’s explanation for these statements, which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan’s position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

19. Finally, the Club's own witnesses themselves seemed to be unclear as to what was the position as to who would have the final say and we had, and continue to have, real difficulty in understanding the Club's position on this point. The Club repeatedly stated that Mr Keegan did not have the final say but in the letter dated 4 September 2008 from Mr Llambias to Mr Keegan setting out the Club's proposals for trying to dissuade Mr Keegan from resigning, Mr Llambias stated:-

"It will continue to be the position that no player will be bought for the first team without your approval, save of course for commercial deals (which we refer to as financials) which will remain within the sole discretion of the Board".

20. This was repeated by some of the Club's witnesses (i.e. that the position was that Mr Keegan had the final say save for financial or commercial deals) but some of those same witnesses then asserted later in their evidence that Mr Keegan never had the final say and Mr Wise was not prepared to accept that Mr Keegan ever had the final say, even apart from financial and commercials deals. This lack of clarity, indeed confusion, in the understanding of the Club's own representatives as to this critical issue makes it, in our view, even less likely that it would and should have been clear to Mr Keegan from what he was told at the meeting on 16 January 2008 that he would not have the final say.

23. As it happens, this was also what the Club itself and its representatives (and Mr Keegan) were saying to the public in various interviews and press statements beginning soon after Mr Keegan's appointment. In a report in the Times of 29 January 2008, which Mr Charnley confirmed as having been accurate, it was stated that "Wise and Vetere will make the initial assessment before calling in Jimenez to do the deal, though Newcastle insist that Keegan will have the final say". Two days later, on 31 January 2008, Mr Wise gave an interview in the Chairman's office at the Club which was intended to be and was published on the Club's website (and reported in the national Press) on the following day. In the course of that interview he stated:

"I'm not here to be involved in the first team. I am not here to manage. I am here to help Kevin as much as possible in bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him and he'll say yes and no. He has the final word and then no one else. I'm not gonna do things like bring players in behind his back. I'm not into that and everything that happens will be run past him and he'll say yes, as I say, or he'll say no".

24. Two days later, in the Club programme for 3 February 2008, the website interview was included with the headline:

"Dennis Wise

"I'm here to help Kevin - he has the final word""

25. On 23 February 2008, Mr Mort gave an interview with "The Mag" (published independently by the Club's supporters) in which he stated:

"Everything that sits below Kevin, everything associated with the first team is his responsibility … Dennis and Jeff will help identify players and Kevin will then say yes or no".

26. The Club's explanation for these statements, which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan's position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

Enough?

Guest Stevie

I don't why yous reply to mugs me. He knows the truth in his heart, he's just a bored adolescent, or someone in a Dunstable highrise like Danny B looking for a bite.

What I find a little odd is why the cockney mafia didn't just say to KK, we want to sign Gonzales in order to curry favour with some very useful South American agents. It'll cost us £1million quid and he's only around for a season. It could potentially be very beneficial for the club.

That actually seems like a reletively sensible thing to do.

Does the tribunal contradict anything in that statement?

Just saying if you want to know the full picture you need to read the actual findings.

That quote in particular can easily be take wildly out of context.

What I find a little odd is why the cockney mafia didn't just say to KK, we want to sign Gonzales in order to curry favour with some very useful South American agents. It'll cost us £1million quid and he's only around for a season. It could potentially be very beneficial for the club.

That's another angle they'll try and use - the deal "made sense".

What they won't say is that they'd failed in a more important task - improving the squad over the summer. Clubls like Man U can afford to sign a token Asian (though Park is a good player) for commercial/favour reasons - we couldn't and can't.

Just saying if you want to know the full picture you need to read the actual findings.

No, you're being a contrary prick is what you're doing.

More likely that Wise & Co. were forcing him on Keegan as Milner's replacement while Keegan was looking for someone who wasn't a crock of shit.

I reckon Keegan would have accepted him as an addition to the squad rather than instead of a quality player.

Edited by ewerk

If i was be being contrary, there are 25 million easier ways to do it.

If i was be being contrary, there are 25 million easier ways to do it.

I'm done with you, run along.

so, constructive dismissal it was then, Ashley & Co proven to be liars again, hope they get a lashing from the media.

This Nacho Gonzalez signing was the final straw and used to ascertain liability, only scratches the surface of what KK was having to deal with. The attempts to undermine KK in the media and manipulate the fans, along with everything else we’ve put up with from that lot is beyond belief.

From the Mirror:

By Brian McNally

Cunt

From the Mirror:

By Brian McNally

Cunt

brian-mcnally.jpg

make that fat cunt

Make that a fat mackem cunt.

He's a 'celtic' fan from Seaham/Seaburn, (can't remember which one). Used to cover SAFC.

:D

Lets see how the rest of the media react, if there's nothing more than sensationalism regarding KK's award or £25M 'claim' then they are truly the biggest set of anti-NUFC wankers around, (Outside of FCB).

More likely that Wise & Co. were forcing him on Keegan as Milner's replacement while Keegan was looking for someone who wasn't a crock of shit.

I reckon Keegan would have accepted him as an addition to the squad rather than instead of a quality player.

No. His own statement says:

I resigned because I was being asked to sanction the signing of a player in order to “do a favour” for two South American agents. No one at the Club had seen this player play and I was asked to sign him on the basis of some clips on You Tube. This is something that I was not prepared to be associated with in any way.

I crave attention and a girl to kiss :D

From the Mirror:

By Brian McNally

McNally is another one 'bought' by Ashley then?

Can't wait to hear what Simon Bird has to say, or Henry Winter for that matter :D

Unlike the current incumbnants of the SJP boardroom, the LMA publish facts, not lies.