Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of to N-O for a wum session. :D

As I maintained through the dark days KK would be vindicated and by thel looks of that statement he has. Ashley and Co. are cunts end of. Utube clips ffs!!! :icon_lol:

Just saying if you want to know the full picture you need to read the actual findings.

That quote in particular can easily be take wildly out of context.

No, you're being a contrary prick is what you're doing.

I crave attention and a girl to kiss :rolleyes:

PM From Phil:- You sad pathetic fuck-wit, get a life.

:icon_lol:

Bit of sand in the vag Phillip?

Fuck off you prat!

You never add anything of worth to any debate.

Ironic... :D

Debate this. :icon_lol:

kev.jpg

Which one's Phil?

You're a cunt.

See this saves all the pages of arguing with people like him by condensing it all into a simple phrase which applies perfectly!

I love the fact his whole argument was based on it not being the tribunal that said the club were liars but that Keegan said it! Does he really need it explained to him that if any of it weren't true, the second Keegan said it, fat fuck ashley and his team of lawyers would be suing KK for every penny he's worth. But funnilly enough when KK revealled them to be lying scumbags, the club didn't have a comment to make, and thats because (as all of us with a brain know) its true.

Henry Winter: Newcastle United board pay price for undermining manager

By Henry Winter

Last Updated: 10:10PM BST 02/10/2009

When Kevin Keegan was told by Dennis Wise to check out Ignacio Gonzalez on the internet, the then Newcastle United manager must have felt the phrase YouTube rather neatly summed up the club's executive director (football).

PA

Happier times: Former Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan sits with owner Mike Ashley

Wise's interference in Keegan's team-building plans was resented by the manager at the time and deservedly ridiculed by a tribunal on Friday.

So forget the £2 million awarded to Keegan as his due compensation for constructive dismissal. What Keegan really won was a principle beyond price.

Dressing room 1 Boardroom 0.

The former manager of Newcastle has now shown that it can be wrong legally, let alone ethically, for directors to meddle in team affairs. By signing an unknown Uruguayan against the manager's will, the Newcastle board broke Keegan's contract and have now paid for their arrogance.

An emotional but honourable type, Keegan may not have been the greatest manager in history, as those who have chronicled his teams' meltdowns will concur, but he will be royally toasted at the next League Managers' Association dinner.

Friday was a significant moment in managerial rights. Kevin Keegan: the Emily Pankhurst of the dugout.

It is one thing advising a manager against buying a troublesome player because he could damage the club's image, as one distinguished board successfully did over Joey Barton, but quite another foisting a footballer on an unwilling manager. That is the road signposted "madness''.

No wonder Keegan was so angry when talking after Newcastle's 3-0 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates on Aug 30, 2008. The transfer deadline was looming and Keegan knew that Wise and Tony Jimenez, Newcastle's vice-president (player recruitment), were negotiating to bring in Gonzalez on loan from Valencia. Keegan kept shrugging his shoulders when asked whether he talked to Wise, whether he felt undermined, whether arrivals were his choice. Five days later, he resigned.

Keegan wears his heart on his sleeve, and his departure was depicted in certain quarters as the remaining toys flying out of a familiar pram launching site, yet he had every justification to rail against Wise, Jimenez and the club's owner, Mike Ashley. Boards must trust their manager's judgment.

Look at the leading lights in the nation's technical areas over the past few seasons: Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsène Wenger, Rafael Benítez, David Moyes and Martin O'Neill. None would tolerate interference. Some have bought occasional pups but most invest shrewdly. If a board does want to get involved, it should focus on the manager. Either back him or sack him.

Newcastle fans will not know whether to howl with laughter or fury over the claim that their club signed Gonzalez "to 'do a favour' for two South American agents'', according to Keegan. Managers cannot be saddled with unwanted players simply because the club want to keep some middle-men happy. At least the meddle-men were put in their place by Keegan yesterday.

Love the opening paragraph- you tube! :D

Gareth Barry snub fuelled Kevin Keegan row

KEVIN KEEGAN’S turbulent relationship with the current regime at Newcastle United began with a major disagreement over a move for England midfielder Gareth Barry.

A Premier League Tribunal cleared Keegan’s name yesterday after a long compensation battle between United and their former boss.

The deal to bring in Nacho Gonzalez was confirmed as the straw that broke the camel’s back at St James’s Park when Keegan was reluctant to sign the player on the basis of footage from YouTube.

The Chronicle has been informed by a United insider that a string of clashes with former transfer chief Dennis Wise and player recruitment director Tony Jimenez started in April 2008.

It was then that KK – who was under the impression he had the final say on transfers – expressed an interest in Barry, to whom he had handed an England debut and taken to Euro 2000 with him.

However it is understood that this approach was “laughed off” by Wise and Co after Mike Ashley had warned there would only be a limited transfer kitty that summer – hence Keegan's explosive comments after the 2-0 defeat against Chelsea last season when he said United could not get into the top four on such a limited budget.

And the source has also claimed:

:: The United board turned their noses up at Keegan’s suggestion to sign then Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia after former captain Michael Owen had recommended the Kop hero to his boss;

:: Keegan and Wise rowed furiously when the ex-Leeds boss set up a move for then Basel and Switzerland striker Eren Derdiyok with the move eventually collapsing;

:: The United board went against Keegan’s advice when they signed Fabricio Coloccini from Deportivo la Coruna for £10m after the player had been offered to Newcastle twice in 2007 for a cheaper fee and hawked around to other clubs;

:: Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia, only to discover he’d got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January.

The United source told the Chronicle: “The findings of the report from the compensation do contain a lot of revelations.

“But they don’t tell even half of the story about what has been going on at that club in the last couple of years.

“Kevin was adamant when he came in he was going to have a say in buying and selling players – after all, it’s how he made his name last time around as manager.

“It all started around the April of last year when Gareth Barry was linked with Liverpool and Kev thought he had a chance of bringing him to Newcastle because of his relationship from their England days.

“Obviously, Barry’s move to Liverpool turned sour, and he’s at Man City after staying with Villa last year.

“But Kevin is convinced with the right backing he’d have been a Newcastle player.

“Kevin was desperate to make Newcastle as resolute as possible and also fancied his chances of bringing Sami Hyypia, but instead he was lumbered with Coloccini who was offered to Newcastle in 2007 on a couple of occasions and at that time at a cheaper price.”

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Gonzalez, who arrived at Newcastle on loan just hours after signing for Valencia from Uruguayans Danubio, arrived at the club with a serious injury.

The playmaker was already suffering with a heel injury and, after making his second appearance for the Magpies at West Ham in September 2008 in a 3-1 defeat never turned out for the black-and-whites again.

But has now become an infamous figure following the revelations of the Keegan case.

The judgement completely vindicates Keegan. It finds that he was forced out of his job; that he didn't bottle it and resign based on a pretext; that he had more to gain by staying put than resigning on a matter of principle; and so on. It also shows up the owner and his cronies to be wide boys and dodgy as fuck on the one hand,and nasty vindictive arseholes who did not scruple to smear a United legend in a bid to win the case. How anyone can defend Ashley after this or blame Keegan is beyond me.

One further point: the arrogance of the fuckwits in charge takes my breath away. The club states that they saw Keegan as crucial to the club's future and yet they were prepared to treat him like shit. People like these arseholes are used to buying people's co-operation and they rub people's noses in it because they think they own them. Well it backfired this time and the truth is there for everyone to see.

I have to say I almost, almost, felt a little sorry for Ashely last week (after seeing his chubby sad face whilst choruses of You Fat Cockney Bastard.. were sang over and over)

After reading all these FACTS though it turns out we are completely justified in our opinions towards him and his crocked entourage. What a class A c*nt.

Should all make for interesting reading should Keegan bring out another autobiography mind :D

Edited by JUICE690

After all the bollocks spouted about Keegan 'bottling it', crap from Kinnear that 'people will be surprised when things come out', the fact is Keegan WAS in an untenable position, and he WAS effectively stitched up.

Brought in to sell 3 year season tickets. Shambolic treatment from Ashley & co - there's KK trying to get things going, trying to move the club in the right direction, re-ignite the club - and there's Dennis Wise: actually not willing to be DOF unless he had final say on all transfers, but stating in an interview 'Kevin has final say, I'm here to help him', while totally neglecting the team totally failing to strengthen it.

Its people at totally different ends of the spectrum. Best of all by our former DOF & scout - bloody telling Keegan to look on Youtube at a player - two days before the window shuts! The squad was obviously too small going into the season and instead of strengthening it to move the club forward there's Wise more concentrated on 'doing a favour for some agents' instead.

As for any "KK is only concerned with money! Hes greedy and clearly doesn't love to club!", the rubbish in the papers about him -

Independent arbitration statement:

"In our view as accepted on behalf of Mr Keegan that he was not entitled to any further damages. However, if we had to address this issue, we would have decided that the publication of a finding by us that Mr Keegan has resigned because he had been constructively dismissed by the club, and not because he decided to walk away, would restore his reputation and in evidence he agreed to that proposition."

KK Statement:

“I also want to confirm that a central purpose of my claim has always been to clear my name and restore my reputation. I consider it of vital importance that I was able to let people know about the full circumstances of my resignation and the way in which I had been treated by the club. I hope that this purpose has now been achieved." -

Yes it has, unless you believe pathetic spin by the papers, the purpose of proving what an utter con Mike Ashley is has very much been achieved.

If I was in Keegans shoes' I would have bloody wanted to clear my name and get things out in public so people know I was stitched up.

If he had stayed, he was buggered. He HAD to leave then, because Llambias' letter 'trying' to get him to stay says that he wouldnt always have the final say - if he agreed to that then he's effectively a puppet for the rest of his contract.

They used a legend for all the wrong reasons - not because he was capable of improving the team, capable of taking the club forward - because it would allow people to buy into a false dream that he was going to be allowed to do that. In reality he was only allowed to be a puppet for Ashely & co. Scumbags.

This section of Keegans statement says it all: “The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United."

It makes me sick and angry to think if it wasnt for Ashley acting like an arrogant arsehole, Keegan would be our manager and in all probability we would be playing entertaining attacking football and pushing for a Europa League spot this season. We are years and years away from that now.

Ashley has set the club back by a decade or probably more

God forbid KK should actually have tried to sign an England CM and a Champions League proven CB. No No No, Ashleys seen this kid on youtube and a £10mil CB that nee fucker wants!

What could have been if we had some decent owners :D

God forbid KK should actually have tried to sign an England CM and a Champions League proven CB. No No No, Ashleys seen this kid on youtube and a £10mil CB that nee fucker wants!

What could have been if we had some decent owners :D

:icon_lol:

Imagine a Randy Lerner type figure had taken over from Sir John Hall? Instead gunning for the Premier and Champions Leagues, we've seen us stutter and stall, fail and flop our way into the sodding Championship.

To be fair, it was damn well unlikely that Barry would have considered signing for us. Hyppia on the other hand would have been decent if he was interested, still playing week in week out for Leverkuson.

Possibly but it refers to Keegan's personal relationship with the player - it may not have worked but the critics forget that the man was a master at persuading players to sign for us and then getting the best out of them.

That's what they overlook when they suggested replacements/alternatives like Zola, Bilic or a random one season spanish wonder.

I can't believe that some people actually believe that Keegan wanted £25m.

Keegan got the money he deserved as he was truly fucked over. I bet he could have convinced Barry too...

To be fair, it was damn well unlikely that Barry would have considered signing for us. Hyppia on the other hand would have been decent if he was interested, still playing week in week out for Leverkuson.

Possibly but it refers to Keegan's personal relationship with the player - it may not have worked but the critics forget that the man was a master at persuading players to sign for us and then getting the best out of them.

That's what they overlook when they suggested replacements/alternatives like Zola, Bilic or a random one season spanish wonder.

As much as Zola saved West Ham last season he doesn't look too good this season...

He filled for 25m so what makes you think otherwise?

I think that the "Stigma-damages" side of the claim was more about making a statement then any real attempt to get that kind of remuneration.

The judgement completely vindicates Keegan. It finds that he was forced out of his job; that he didn't bottle it and resign based on a pretext; that he had more to gain by staying put than resigning on a matter of principle; and so on. It also shows up the owner and his cronies to be wide boys and dodgy as fuck on the one hand,and nasty vindictive arseholes who did not scruple to smear a United legend in a bid to win the case. How anyone can defend Ashley after this or blame Keegan is beyond me.

One further point: the arrogance of the fuckwits in charge takes my breath away. The club states that they saw Keegan as crucial to the club's future and yet they were prepared to treat him like shit. People like these arseholes are used to buying people's co-operation and they rub people's noses in it because they think they own them. Well it backfired this time and the truth is there for everyone to see.

Completely agree.

He filled for 25m so what makes you think otherwise?

Did he fuck :ninja: