Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he was suing for £25million. hmmmmm

Strange that it was Nacho named as the straw that broke the camels back when we all thought it was Milner/Xisco

I think SLP mentioned some time ago (perhaps even at the time) that it was probably Nacho although I don't know if he was ITK or just guessing. I'd suggest it was Nacho turning out to be Milner's replacement, if you could call him a replacement.

We should add that very late in the day the Club sought to rely on the definition of “Manager” set out in paragraph 1 of Section A of the Rules of the Premier League under which “Manager” is defined as meaning “the Official of a Club responsible for selecting the Club’s first team”. However, in our view this takes the Club nowhere.

:D

Never a truer word.

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

That to me sums up the ratbags in charge, lying twats to a man :D

I don't think Gonzalez was the only signing Keegan was opposed to but he was the only one where signifigant evidence/witnesses could be found to testify to his opposition.

Great to hear Keegans side and to hear exactly what went on in general, I think he has now been vindicated and we can draw a line under this issue. It's also good for the club's future that he didn't get more than the 2 million so overall it was a good result for everyone (bar Ashley).

Edited by TicTacWoe

Just finished reading the verdict - all I can say is that it proves EVERYTHING we have said about the scum running the club.

Overall it's the best of both worlds - Keegan vindicated and the scum exposed but with a damage limiting amount of compen.

Take that you fat cockney cunt.

23. As it happens, this was also what the Club itself and its representatives (and Mr Keegan) were saying to the public in various interviews and press statements beginning soon after Mr Keegan’s appointment. In a report in the Times of 29 January 2008, which Mr Charnley confirmed as having been accurate, it was stated that “Wise and Vetere will make the initial assessment before calling in Jimenez to do the deal, though Newcastle insist that Keegan will have the final say”. Two days later, on 31 January 2008, Mr Wise gave an interview in the Chairman’s office at the Club which was intended to be and was published on the Club’s website (and reported in the national Press) on the following day. In the course of that interview he stated:

“I’m not here to be involved in the first team. I am not here to manage. I am here to help Kevin as much as possible in bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him and he’ll say yes and no. He has the final word and then no one else. I’m not gonna do things like bring players in behind his back. I’m not into that and everything that happens will be run past him and he’ll say yes, as I say, or he’ll say no”.

24. Two days later, in the Club programme for 3 February 2008, the website interview was included with the headline:

“Dennis Wise

“I’m here to help Kevin – he has the final word””

25. On 23 February 2008, Mr Mort gave an interview with “The Mag” (published independently by the Club’s supporters) in which he stated:

“Everything that sits below Kevin, everything associated with the first team is his responsibility … Dennis and Jeff will help identify players and Kevin will then say yes or no”.

26. The Club’s explanation for these statements, which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan’s position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

What a bunch of absolute cunts

Guest Stevie
23. As it happens, this was also what the Club itself and its representatives (and Mr Keegan) were saying to the public in various interviews and press statements beginning soon after Mr Keegan’s appointment. In a report in the Times of 29 January 2008, which Mr Charnley confirmed as having been accurate, it was stated that “Wise and Vetere will make the initial assessment before calling in Jimenez to do the deal, though Newcastle insist that Keegan will have the final say”. Two days later, on 31 January 2008, Mr Wise gave an interview in the Chairman’s office at the Club which was intended to be and was published on the Club’s website (and reported in the national Press) on the following day. In the course of that interview he stated:

“I’m not here to be involved in the first team. I am not here to manage. I am here to help Kevin as much as possible in bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him and he’ll say yes and no. He has the final word and then no one else. I’m not gonna do things like bring players in behind his back. I’m not into that and everything that happens will be run past him and he’ll say yes, as I say, or he’ll say no”.

24. Two days later, in the Club programme for 3 February 2008, the website interview was included with the headline:

“Dennis Wise

25. On 23 February 2008, Mr Mort gave an interview with “The Mag” (published independently by the Club’s supporters) in which he stated:

“Everything that sits below Kevin, everything associated with the first team is his responsibility … Dennis and Jeff will help identify players and Kevin will then say yes or no”.

26. The Club’s explanation for these statements, which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan’s position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

If the above doesn't tell you we are being ran by the biggest bunch of crooks and twobit barrow boys in our history then nothing will. Just reading it, leading up to point 26 which is in bold. They openly admit to lying to the fans, to not damage Keegan's stature. They are lying bastards, I've felt bad about them for a long time now, my feeling of distain and anger towards them has increased ten fold, it's nothing I really didn't know but reading it on an official document brings it home what a bunch of disrespectful lying scum bastards they are. It's worse than FFS/Douglas Hall in my view.

The Club’s explanation for these statements [Keegan has the final say statements in interviews by Mort and Wise], which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan’s position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

The fucking morons running this club man. It's as funny as it is tragic. That's basically them (unwittingly) saying they were undermining KK in private whilst lying in public so as not to appear to be undermining him. :D

:icon_lol:

On a positive note, this should mean the sale should go through straight away now.

By the end of the week ? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

End of the day, shirley :D

“Dennis Wise

If the above doesn't tell you we are being ran by the biggest bunch of crooks and twobit barrow boys in our history then nothing will. Just reading it, leading up to point 26 which is in bold. They openly admit to lying to the fans, to not damage Keegan's stature. They are lying bastards, I've felt bad about them for a long time now, my feeling of distain and anger towards them has increased ten fold, it's nothing I really didn't know but reading it on an official document brings it home what a bunch of disrespectful lying scum bastards they are. It's worse than FFS/Douglas Hall in my view.

pipped you :D

The fucking morons running this club man. It's as funny as it is tragic. That's basically them (unwittingly) saying they were undermining KK in private whilst lying in public so as not to appear to be undermining him. :D

The worry is that the ruling is so unbelievebly scathing they might take the huff and challenge it.

Just finished reading the verdict - all I can say is that it proves EVERYTHING we have said about the scum running the club.

Overall it's the best of both worlds - Keegan vindicated and the scum exposed but with a damage limiting amount of compen.

Yep, I totally agree. KK might feel a little short-changed and if I was him I think I might too. However, in the grand scheme of things, it's definitely better for the club that it was limited to £2m.

...£8,607,534 but he also claims “stigma damages” on the basis that as a further consequence, he has found it and will continue to find it difficult, if not impossible, to obtain work again as a top flight manager as a result of which he will lose up to a further £16.5m

So the £25m wasn't bollocks

I'm guessing it was a bargaining tactic, rather than a serious claim, seems like he agreed the claim was unnecessary during the case.

52. The Seventh Issue:

Is Mr Keegan entitled to any further damages, that is to say, over and above Clause 14.8.1 and, if so, why?

In view of our conclusion on the Sixth Issue, it follows, as was accepted on behalf of Mr Keegan, that he is entitled to no further damages. However, if we had had to address this issue, we would have decided that the publication of a finding by us that Mr Keegan had resigned because he had been constructively dismissed by the Club and not because he had decided to walk away, would restore his reputation and in evidence he agreed with that proposition. Moreover, he also accepted that he did not know whether or not anything that happened at the Club was going to stop him getting a job. Thus, even if he had been entitled to seek further damages (i.e. stigma damages), which we have found he is not, they would have amounted to very little.

Yep, I totally agree. KK might feel a little short-changed and if U was him I think I might too. However, in the grand scheme of things, it's definitely better for the club that it was limited to £2m.

Tbf he can't complain about the pay-out, it was clear from his contract that £2m was all he was entitled to.

Guest Stevie

“Dennis Wise

pipped you :D

hehe mad that.

I tell you what there is no argument anymore, the truth is out there, and an independent panel has proven legally Newcastle fans have been led a merry dance, and lied to en masse, there's one thing geordies hate, and that's liars, generally speaking we are open people, who base our relationships on trust, when the trust is gone you have nothing. I genuinely hope Saturday's game is comfortable the result is the most important thing, but I hope there is a further reaction after this with regards to the occupants of the directors box.

I was going to write something about "If I were Ashley I'd have lined up the successful bid to follow this verdict if it came out the way it has"

but If I were Ashley we'd not be in the fucking state in the first place.

what a fucking pikey shitehawk of epic proportions!

The club's reply....

NUFC Statement

THE Premier League Tribunal Panel considering the matter between Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan has today returned its decision.

The Club will be making no comment on this matter.

The club's reply....

NUFC Statement

THE Premier League Tribunal Panel considering the matter between Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan has today returned its decision.

The Club will be making no comment on this matter.

Speaks volumes