Lake District

luckyluke

Walker/Tourist here ;)

Had a great day on saturday went up Helvellyn from Wythburn got some good photos

29710_10150211779780304_862890303_13064183_1549928_n.jpg

yesterday was a bit shit, raining everywhere so did a bit of touristing and wandered around Bowness

Gaitered up ? :lol:

Jeans and a tshirt :D

29710_10150211779840304_862890303_13064189_2768770_n.jpg

;) Bloody amateurs wandering round the fells unprepared!

:icon_lol:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeans and a tshirt :D

Tut tut. :lol:

Love Helvellyn, better from the East side though.

I usually climb up from the pub at the bottom, through the houses, trees and then its pretty much a straight climb following the wall. Bit of a lung buster like. Been for a dip in Red Tarn a few times as well under striding edge. Was a bit put off a few years back though when we swam in and bumped into a dead sheep...

Aye, gear freaks are hilarious.

Once watched a lad turn out in full Alpine body harness, lid, double ropes etc for a 35 ft beginner route in Northumberland. In the time it took him to put his kit on, me and my mate were up and down our route.

We watched the bloke tackle the Belford Eiger from a distance.

He fell off.

The ones that get me are those who march around Keswick in full kit- boots, gaiters, top of the range jackets, walking poles etc. All of it shiny and new. It'll be 10 o'clock , they clearly have no plans to go into the hills. A hoot.

same with a lot of "sports" these days - if you don't spend £ 999.99 on the gear you are a mock & a scorn.

• 2 years later...

I might have a ride over to the lakes tomorrow if the weathers nice

They'd not had rain for 7 weeks apparently - until today, absolutely hammered it down. It stopped when we were leaving but those clouds didn't look like they were leaving anytime soon. Hope it's nice for you.