Zurab Khisinishvili

Billy Castell

How do you rate him after a few games? I always thought he was under rated whilst at Rovers, and was a steady character. We could have done with him on Sunday as we only had 1 central defender. Anyway, I think he'll be a very shrewd signing, especially at that level.

Looks like another player that operates somewhere between too good for the championship and not good enough for the premier league. He gets away with fouls that'd draw too many cards in the top flight. Just like Smith, Nolan etc he looks like this level will paint him as a good player when in truth, I reckon he's somewhere around average.

How do you rate him after a few games? I always thought he was under rated whilst at Rovers, and was a steady character. We could have done with him on Sunday as we only had 1 central defender. Anyway, I think he'll be a very shrewd signing, especially at that level.

I remember one game for Blackburn where he was absolutely dreadful, regularly being made a fool of by the opposition so this may have clouded my view of him as otherwise I havn't noticed him much. He's done ok for us so far and I'm surprised Allerdyce was willing to let him go out on loan considering your defense is rather injury prone.

That is true. Gunning is a youth player we have brought on, but he's at that stage where he needs to go on loan for experience, Nelsen isn't quite the immense figure he was a few years ago, and Samba has had a few little injuries. Chimbonda can fill in on occaision as central defender, but not against a team like Arsenal, whilst moving Givet into central defence means Olsson may get a game at left back. Olsson is pretty good going forward, but very suspect defensively. It's probably the same as having Duff at left back.

Zurab was a good squad player who may have played in more games, but every Blackburn fan understands why he would not want to spend another season on the bench. We almost sold him to Galatasaray this summer, but it fell through at the last minute.