Old firm in the premiership

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they did how else would players like Hartson, Petrov, Ferguson and Boumsong look any good

Even the directors should be thinking twice - it would be throwing away two big sources of income - euro football, and selling shit players that look good in the SPL to gullible English teams for massive profits

If the likes of Cardiff, Wrexham and Swansea can play in the English league, I don't see why Scottish teams can't too, however if they wish to join then they should start from the bottom and earn their way up.

I'd like to see them in the premier league and think it'll happen. Mainly because there is no doubt that these two teams will boost attendances and that's a good thing for Sky who seem to dictate everything these days. Aside from that I wouldn't mind seeing the Toon playing them regularly in competitive games as trhere is no doubt that they'd be able to improve the quality of their teams with the extra revenue.

it'll also be a good thing to remove the monopoly from Scottish football making it more competitive.

I'd like to see them in the premier league and think it'll happen. Mainly because there is no doubt that these two teams will boost attendances and that's a good thing for Sky who seem to dictate everything these days. Aside from that I wouldn't mind seeing the Toon playing them regularly in competitive games as trhere is no doubt that they'd be able to improve the quality of their teams with the extra revenue.

it'll also be a good thing to remove the monopoly from Scottish football making it more competitive.

55393[/snapback]

For the first time ever I'm in agreement with Foot Soldier, especially if they got in at the expense of two southern clubs. Both venues would be superb away trips compared to most we've got now.

However, the first thing we should do is make the league cup more interesting by making it a Sottish-Anglo cup. On a one-off match basis I acually think the old firm would do OK. It's certainly make things more interesting, that's for sure.

Didn't read Jimbo's post properly there, I almost agreed when really the bit I agree with is that IF they play in England they should start at the bottom. That means the Conference.

I don't like the bigotry surrounding those 2 clubs and wouldn't like to see either of them playing in England.

Edited by Howaythelads

55393[/snapback]

Cant improve our attendance

That's a bit myopic isn't it?

Bigotry? Ever thought that one of the ways to decrease it is by putting it onto a bigger stage? I wonder how many Geordies who are catholics follow celtic as opposed to rangers? I'm willing to bet 100% or as near as makes no difference. Same for protestants and rangers. It's not just in Scotland that religion plays a part so what difference does it make whether they are in the premier league or not?

From personal experience, it boils my piss that Rangers players get booed at Lansdowne Road, like bigotry is ok in football. As far as I'm concerned sectarianism is every bit as big a problem as racism.

I would have no problem with Celtic and Rangers is the English leagues but until their fans get an education they can fuck off to a fiery pit somewhere and I do recognise it's a minority but they have a serious problem.

Then of course there's the question of whether they could hack the Premiership? Right now would be a good time for the to make the transition but if they had to start in the Conference, God knows what the situation would be in 4 years time.

Is there anyone apart from the slavvering directors and fans of these two teams who actually think it would be a good idea for them to play in the EPL. I dont want their horrible bigotry and inflated sense of self worth.

55386[/snapback]

Apart from seeing them relegated, a smashing idea.

Then why bother putting in two posts, Htl?

55461[/snapback]

So does everybody have to be keen on having these teams in our league, and be interested in the quality of the scotch league to post in this thread? Is this some kind of new forum rule, or is it a rule you decided to make up?

The thread title is " Old firm in the premiership " and I don't want those bigots in our league. That is my interest. Using as a reason ( a weak one by the way ) the idea Celtic/Rangers joining our league might help out the other teams in their league isn't an important reason. the reason I stated earlier, that seemingly I'm not allowed to post, according to you.

I don't really give a shit about the scotch league, iibafh.

55452[/snapback]

Told you before son, Me = Acronym King, You = Lowly Peasant

Good day.

From personal experience, it boils my piss that Rangers players get booed at Lansdowne Road, like bigotry is ok in football.  As far as I'm concerned sectarianism is every bit as big a problem as racism.

I would have no problem with Celtic and Rangers is the English leagues but until their fans get an education they can fuck off to a fiery pit somewhere and I do recognise it's a minority but they have a serious problem.

Then of course there's the question of whether they could hack the Premiership?  Right now would be a good time for the to make the transition but if they had to start in the Conference, God knows what the situation would be in 4 years time.

55414[/snapback]

A bit harsh considering the fact you acknowledge that it is only a minority who are bigotted. How many Newcastle and Sunderland fans are bigotted towards each other? Given your previous definitions on what constitutes bigotry, I don't think the fact there is a religion element to it is really significant.

I don't really give a shit about the scotch league, iibafh.

55452[/snapback]

Told you before son, Me = Acronym King, You = Lowly Peasant

Good day.

55566[/snapback]

Technically I'm not even sure tbh is an acronym, tbh.

if they wish to join then they should start from the bottom and earn their way up.

55392[/snapback]

Thats about right. I wouldn't want them at all and don't think they should be playing football in England, but if they did then they can start right at the bottom and work their way up like every other team would have to.

A bit harsh considering the fact you acknowledge that it is only a minority who are bigotted. How many Newcastle and Sunderland fans are bigotted towards each other? Given your previous definitions on what constitutes bigotry, I don't think the fact there is a religion element to it is really significant.

55606[/snapback]

I know what you mean, I'm surprised it took someone as long as this to pick me up on it. I just feel that if an English club had a problem with racism like some did 20 years ago they would not be allowed into the league now. For me Celtic and Rangers have a problem of that scale now.

It certainly doesn't seem to get the attention it needs to get sorted, maybe people don't shout loudly enough about this divide, God forbid there were Jews or Muslims involved! ;)

55606[/snapback]

I know what you mean, I'm surprised it took someone as long as this to pick me up on it. I just feel that if an English club had a problem with racism like some did 20 years ago they would not be allowed into the league now. For me Celtic and Rangers have a problem of that scale now.

It certainly doesn't seem to get the attention it needs to get sorted, maybe people don't shout loudly enough about this divide, God forbid there were Jews or Muslims involved! ;)

55618[/snapback]

Well, for the record, I can see the problems people hae with Celtic/Rangers in the premiership. I speak purely from a selfish point of view in that I would relish the opportunity of going up to Glasgow twice a year rather than London seven times a year. I just think it would spice things up at a time when the premiership has become unbelievably flat and boring.

But what about my idea for an anglo-scottish league cup? Would that not make this pointless competition a bit more interesting? I made this point once on a 5-live debate, only for McMenemy of all people to poo poo it, claiming it was too far for London clubs to travel. The wanker. :D