Best away fans

coyb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Certainly wasn't Everton, that's for sure :D

Everton fans are pure shite, nearer the worst than the best. You find the teams who have been up 1 or 2 seasons are the loudest, doesn't mean they're the best. Stoke and Portsmouth are classic examples, when they go down soon, they'll both be back down 9-12,000 average gates battling relegation to League One regularly.

I think if you took away our young mongs, I don't think it's unreasonable to say over the last 20 years maybe longer we've had the best away support, considering the majority of our support is localised, we have to travel the furthest and our passion. Apart from us, Man Utd have the best away support by a million miles.

Kills me to say it but Stevie's right - Man Utd are the best.

(Man Utd being the best, not Stevie being right is what kills me :D)

Edited by NJS

Man Utd for me. I used to think the Baggies had good away support until the last couple of years when it was shite. Man Utd probably the most vocal with one of the widest range of chants. Shame they're all a bunch of cnts like.

I get the feeling the poster is a tottenham fan and numbers wise they've been up there with the best of the away fans in the last few years. They might have been top but we've given them a few beatings so they haven't had much to shout about. Stevies dig at the newly promoted clubs is a bit harsh but totally understandable, also thought that City's support last year was the worst I've ever seen from them for many a year. Villa's support were simply dreadful both in numbers and noise and I hesitate to put Man Utd and Liverpool in because although both fill the away end you can't help but think there's more than a few sad cunts following a team they've got no business following, plus in Man Utd's favour, it really can't do any harm on the mocking front when you win the majority of your games. Their wide variety of songs is impressive until you think about how they probably acquired them! They have support from all over, expect their songs to mirror that fact!

If we're exempt from this poll, the best away fans at St James' Park would be ........I won't say Sunderland as it's a derby and to be expected that they'll sell out. I won't say Man Utd or Liverpool for the reasons given but I'll go for Man City or Leeds for consistency through the years.

This wasnt at St James Park, but the best away fans I've seen in the last couple of years were the Port Vale fans at Shrewbury Town last year.

They were bottom of League 2 at the time and although its probably only 30 or 40 miles away I reckon they brought a good 2,000 fans to Shrewsbury. We stood with them, they made loads of noise, had fans on the pitch when they scored, all in all very impressive, as is often the case with some of the so called smaller clubs. It was proper local and loyal support - no glory hunting wankers amongst them lot

It was proper local and loyal support - no glory hunting wankers amongst them lot

''Brummiemag''

:D

Well I have my reasons for supporting them, not least because I used to live in Newcastle as a kid. And Ive never been called a glory hunter before!!

It was proper local and loyal support - no glory hunting wankers amongst them lot

''Brummiemag''

Well I have my reasons for supporting them, not least because I used to live in Newcastle as a kid. And Ive never been called a glory hunter before!!

The word masochist springs more readily to mind than gloryhunter.

S H E F F I E L D W E D N E S D A Y simply awesome.

Your fans were good craic, mate. Also remember you bringing a few in the eighties, too! Got no problems with you Owls. B)

(A pity a lot of you forgot the way to Tyneside in your PL days.) :D

Most away fans this year have been better than most of last years PL clubs............. But................... How many have been tourists out to see a big stadium which a lot haven't been to in a few years if at all?

QPR brought more to a wednesday night game in the 2nd division than they ever did when they were in the PL.

We will be taking 4,200 to Forest for a televised saturday night game with more tickets asked for. We must have sold out every away game so far and again, some have already been televised or will be televised. We are averaging 40,000 in the 2nd division despite the club being an utter shambles. Still don't expect any praise to be heading our way any time soon, BBC's football league programme was a perfect example of this in our game v plymouth. A special report on the 2,500 Argyle fans making the 'long old poke' and plenty of mentions about them, yet not once mentioning the superb crowd of nearly 44 thousand who were there that day.

Oh, well. :D

To be honest I think the Plymouth Fans deserve a lot of respect for that.

We are expected to make the trip as it's local, they aren't expected to make a 900 mile trip - especially in such great numbers!

To be honest I think the Plymouth Fans deserve a lot of respect for that.

We are expected to make the trip as it's local, they aren't expected to make a 900 mile trip - especially in such great numbers!

Do you think there'll be a special report on the opposite trip?

If a few hundred of them went to Hartlepool I'd have more respect to be honest, Tom.

I thought the Antwerp fans who came a few years ago were superb. I was sat right near them and they were the most drunk away fans I've ever seen at St. James' Park. (Bearing in mind I've never seen us play the Old firm at home). :D

Best fans on away days WITH the toon?

Certainly is NOT Man Utd!

Stoke fans make some noise but i have to say Liverpool.

Is Whitley Bay a hot spot for crack cocaine use or something???? Fuckin Liverpool. In all of the Premiership years the ONLY time they can be heard is when they're winning. Again I'd put them in the shittest 10, they're the most cringeworthy bunch of the lot. "Put your hands up for Dirk Kuyt, he loves this city", he must be the only cunt that does. Man Utd, Leeds and West Ham have been the best three.

Liverpool fans only ever sing when they're winning and even then it's the same boring old shit songs. They'll insist they're the best though and clamour for justice if you say otherwise.

Best fans on away days WITH the toon?

Certainly is NOT Man Utd!

Stoke fans make some noise but i have to say Liverpool.

Is Whitley Bay a hot spot for crack cocaine use or something???? Fuckin Liverpool. In all of the Premiership years the ONLY time they can be heard is when they're winning. Again I'd put them in the shittest 10, they're the most cringeworthy bunch of the lot. "Put your hands up for Dirk Kuyt, he loves this city", he must be the only cunt that does. Man Utd, Leeds and West Ham have been the best three.

I could agree with that.

The Ventspils' 3 fans were pure class, they even brought a massive banner with them, and Level 7 had abit banter with them. :D