Excel help

JawD

What I need to do is this.

If I have three cells, lets say A10, A11 and A12.

In each sell will be a value £

Is I change the values in these cells, I'd like the cell colour to change.

this would be that the lowest figure cell would be green

the middle cell figure would be yellow

and the highest cell figure would be red.

How?

:icon_lol:

If you're using Office 2007 it's a piece of piss JawD. Simply fill in your cells, then highlight them all, hit the conditional formating drop-down in the 'Styles' section.

From the 'Color Scales' sub-menu, select the second option from the left in the top row - Red - Yellow - Green Color Scale

Job done :icon_lol:

Should be easy (albeit a tad more long-winded) in Office 2003 - I'll have a look at that one tomorrow for you.. ;)

If you're using Office 2007 it's a piece of piss JawD. Simply fill in your cells, then highlight them all, hit the conditional formating drop-down in the 'Styles' section.

From the 'Color Scales' sub-menu, select the second option from the left in the top row - Red - Yellow - Green Color Scale

Should be easy (albeit a tad more long-winded) in Office 2003 - I'll have a look at that one tomorrow for you.. ;)

I just installed Office 2007 on Sunday. I was sadly amazed by the new levels conditional formatting has went to. ;)

I just installed Office 2007 on Sunday. I was sadly amazed by the new levels conditional formatting has went to. ;)

I had absolutely no idea actually Jonny. Went to do it the old fashioned way and found it was that simple! ;)

Yeah was pretty easy once I checked out the conditional formatting tab in 2007. Well, easy to do straight columns, not as easy to sort selective cells across rows and apply the same to other rows.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now for my next question.

I have a % in a cell (cell A). I would like another cell to look at this % (Cell :P.

Cell B will look at Cell A and will give a % based on a scales that the % in cell A falls in.

For example :

Cell A = 18%

Cell B scale = 20% = 35%, 19% = 30%, 18% = 25%, 17% = 20%, 16% = 15%, 15% = 10%

It may help if I explain that the first number is a % of something. This figure makes up 35% of something else. Its like a score, so the first % is worth 0 - 35% and the scale I set. If you get 18% for example its worth 25%.

I think the way I would need to do it is use a lookup table?