Curries

Park Life

Aye, that would be lovely. The one in newsham more precisely, came second in Houses of Parliament curry competition.

I'm fucking dribbling here man.

Aye, that's the one.

Not the one that Ronnie Campbell rated? :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, that would be lovely. The one in newsham more precisely, came second in Houses of Parliament curry competition.

I'm fucking dribbling here man.

Aye, that's the one.

Not the one that Ronnie Campbell rated? :lol:

Aye. Why like, do you not rate it?

Here's a simple one, and reasonable calorie-wise as well.

Prawns or Chicken

1 Onion

3 Garlic cloves

1 Green Chilli

1 Red Chilli

1 Banana

1 tin of light Coconut Milk

Tumeric

Cumin

Garam Masala

Taramind Paste

Fresh Coriander

Basmati Rice

Pilau Rice Seasoning

Salt

Start with the rice.. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how to boil a pan of rice. Add a pinch of salt, and the pilau rice seasoning. I like to have Garlic Pilau Rice. For this, chop up a clove of garlic, and add.

Chop up the rest garlic, and the onion, and fry for a minute or two.

Add the prawn or chicken (if you use frozen prawns, stick them in from frozen and they provide water, which makes sure the curry isn't too dry.

Once the prawns have thawed (usually after 2-3 minutes on a high heat), stir in the tumeric, garam masala and cumin, and allow the prawns to cook in a runny paste , stirring regularly so that the mixture doesn't dry and burn.

Chop up the chillies and the banana and again, stir into the mix.

Add a teaspoon of taramind paste and once fully mixed in, stir in the coconut milk.

Allow to cook for a further 3 or 4 minute before chopping up and adding the coriander.

Stir in to thicken up, and once the curry resembles a thick sauce take off the heat.

By now the rice should be cooked. Drain it off and serve the rice onto plates, before adding the curry.

Depending on what you do with the chillies, you should be able to alter the strength to your liking.

I cut the ends off the chillies and semi-de-seed them. Doing that should give you a medium strength curry that isn't mild, and has a bit of a kick, but is pleasant to eat and won't have your arse performing Ring of Fire all night!

Kashmiri!

Cheers fella. I knew it was an instantly recognizable name but couldn't remember it at all. A lad is off out with his new bird and he doesn't like anything too spicy so I've given him a few options, just needed it's name :lol:

has resurrecting this thread made anyone else incredibly hungry?

That and Malayan is the most vile creation known to mankind, and certainly not worthy of the label curry. Watch you don't get diabetes from it. :ithankyou:

I like Korma, Kashmiri and Malayan curries.

They're good for getting 'beginners' into curries. I've progressed onto more spicier curries (though I don't like blow your head off strength), but I still go for them now and again.

Theres a small photocopied booklet available on t'internet called A small taste of India ... (google it) tells you how to make the base sauce that all takeaways / restaurants use ... make one big batch of that and freeze it in portions ...then when its time for a curry ..simply unfreeze the sauce .add whatever spices you need and hey presto youve got a takeaway / restaurant style /level curry (Madras , bhuna, korma , vindaloo, jalfrezie, rogan etc )

When you cook the big batch of sauce ..open the windows ..cos your house will smell like the local Tandoori !