Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

In the history of world football, there is no bigger freak occurance than a club of Nottingham Forest's size and stature winning the European Cup. That said no one can take that away from them, and it's more than we'll ever achieve, but I think this game is another one what has more of a Premiership ring to it than "Stoke v Wigan" or "Fulham v Burnley", but both clubs only have themselves to blame for the position they're in.

Should be a cracking atmosphere there today, so I think it's important we keep it tight. Nathan Tyson is the classic all pace and no substance type of player, but pace is the most important thing in football, and we don't exactly have a Carl Lewis type at the back. That Welsh lad at full back is a canny player, but in my view Des Lyttle was one of the worst ever players to play in the top flight and they have a re-incarnation of him in Wes Morgan, whoevers playing on the left today should get at him cos he's fuckin shit, out of position all the time, dives in, sometimes I wonder about managers, how can I see players are shit and they can't.

Anyway I think a 1-1 draw would do, they're not Brazil but neither are we, all these good results have hidden the truth looking us squarely in the face, and the truth is we're shit. We could go up and still be shit, I hope no one loses sight of that if we do go up. I reckon 1-1.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a dream last night that we were playing some poor team. End of the game, we have one man sent off. They have a corner which comes out to the right-hand side of the box and their player wellies it in along the ground to win the match 1 - 0.

I don't think it was Forest, but I woke with a fright.

Who mentioned Ian Woan? What a cruel jibe :lol::D

Last time I went to the City Ground was when Woan equalised with a screamer in the 95/96 season. Happy memories. Not.

When you were at Uni?

Zip it dickhead!

NFFC: Lee Camp, Wes Morgan, Kelvin Wilson, Paul Anderson, Nathan Tyson, Chris Cohen, Chris Gunter, Paul McKenna ©, Guy Moussi, Dexter Blackstock, Radoslaw Majewski

Subs: Luke Chambers, Lewis McGugan, Dele Adebola, Garath McCleary, Joe Garner, David McGoldrick, Paul Smith

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Danny Simpson, Zurab Khizanishvili, Jose Enrique, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith ©, Kevin Nolan, Peter Lovenkrands, Andy Carroll, Marlon Harewood

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Nicky Butt, Geremi, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, Jonas Gutierrez