Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

They outplayed us in the 1st half and deserved the goal. We were rubbish.

2nd half was a different story, we outplayed them, deserved to score but didn't. End of story.

Well not quite, Hare-wood was like a rabbit coming out of its hole blinded by the sun.

Lovenkrands was like an invisible man and when he did materealise he should have stayed unseen.

Guthrie looked like a Sunday pub player with a hangover.

Jonas livened-up the game, stayed on his feet, but tried too hard to score.

Taylor was like the tide at Cullercoats, in and out of the match.

Enrique had a decent game, as did Smith.

Was Nolan playing??

All in all, just another game we should have won and as usual, didn't.

Like so many games last season, nothing changes.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reactions here are a bit OTT if you ask me, one win and we could well get back in the swing of winning regularly. The selection is worrying though, picking Harewood when he clearly isn't in good shape (or just crap) ahead of Ranger is going right back to the conservative, 'hes got more experience' shite of before. Carroll and Ranger are hungrier and did well together earlier in the season.

Have to say though I'm surprised at just how bad Lovenkrands has been.

Again, Nolan was barely in the game, far too many invisible performances from him and most of our midfied.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Obviously, I mean theres at least 10 people who dont think your a cunt, and less than 3 for me. You proved your a cunt for even wanting the poll in the first place muggins. Now its backfired and you look even more of a cunt. Just fucking admit it! Im quite open about my failings :(

Oh dear is all that needs saying yet one more time :lol: You shouldn't let people get to you on the internet mate.

The reactions here are a bit OTT if you ask me, one win and we could well get back in the swing of winning regularly. The selection is worrying though, picking Harewood when he clearly isn't in good shape (or just crap) ahead of Ranger is going right back to the conservative, 'hes got more experience' shite of before. Carroll and Ranger are hungrier and did well together earlier in the season.

Again, Nolan was barely in the game, far too many invisible performances from him and most of our midfied.

Re:Ranger. If he's good enough he's old enough*

*credit; tired old clichés vol II

Obviously, I mean theres at least 10 people who dont think your a cunt, and less than 3 for me. You proved your a cunt for even wanting the poll in the first place muggins. Now its backfired and you look even more of a cunt. Just fucking admit it! Im quite open about my failings :(

Oh dear is all that needs saying yet one more time :lol: You shouldn't let people get to you on the internet mate.

He says 90 seconds after spazzing out at someones accent cos they laughed at us losing

Yeah I'm not sure what way Ranger will go. We've all seen the likes of Ian Bogie and Shaun Murray, unless you're utterly exceptional you can never be sure. Fast forward two years to a NUFC in the Premiership, who would be good enough? Enrique and Taylor (if he can maintain some consistency), who else? Serious question. You look Everton, a wank club like them, they are a million miles ahead of us in terms of players. We could be five years behind Everton and Villa.

Yeah I'm not sure what way Ranger will go. We've all seen the likes of Ian Bogie and Shaun Murray, unless you're utterly exceptional you can never be sure. Fast forward two years to a NUFC in the Premiership, who would be good enough? Enrique and Taylor (if he can maintain some consistency), who else? Serious question. You look Everton, a wank club like them, they are a million miles ahead of us in terms of players. We could be five years behind Everton and Villa.

I reckon Krul could be good enough by then, Carrol and Guthrie also but they have a lot of improving to do obviously. We're way behind Everton and Villa mainly down to our absolutely apauling transfer history both ins and outs going right back to Souness. Everton and Villa have both consistantly bought sensibly (but for a few exceptions) and trusted in their younger players.

I think the answer to which way Ranger goes depends entirely on the quality of players he's playing with. The current lot? He'll probably fuck off elsewhere/ be sold.

Shame as I think he'll develop into a decent player.

Beat ourselves again where I thought we looked comfortable with them all game. We're going to get ran at headless chicken stylee everytime we go away and it's just about weathering the storm and saving our eneergy for the 2nd half where Forest were obviously fucked. What is more worrying is that I don't see many goals between Harewood, Square heed Carroll, and Ranger.

I kept SKY on after the game had finished and was dissapointed they didn't show Forest being awarded their cup.

Beat ourselves again where I thought we looked comfortable with them all game. We're going to get ran at headless chicken stylee everytime we go away and it's just about weathering the storm and saving our eneergy for the 2nd half where Forest were obviously fucked. What is more worrying is that I don't see many goals between Harewood, Square heed Carroll, and Ranger.

I kept SKY on after the game had finished and was dissapointed they didn't show Forest being awarded their cup.

aye we'll see how many of them are there and how much noise they make v Barnsley on Tuesday....."one nil to the famous club".....I'd put money on them having sang that one when they were in divi 3 as well :lol:

Having said that, it was a cracking atmosphere, the best I've heard this season by a mile, real cup tie stuff.

We're a bit one dimensional, for all our pressure in the 2nd half they pretty much knew what to expect and dealt with it well. It seems that if we take the lead in games we're ok and opponenents fold pretty easily, but Davies had Forest wound up right from the start and we struggled to cope in the first half. If they're not really challenging in January we could do worse than a cheeky bid for Moussi who ran the show in midfield and had Smith chasing shadows for an hour before he faded a bit. Thats if Ashley has fucked off by then.

Anyone see the ruck on the bridge after the game?...doubt if it was organised, just some young uns in stone island jumpers kicking off after a bit of chanting and name calling....silly fuckers there was filth everywhere :(

:(

Anyone see the ruck on the bridge after the game?...doubt if it was organised, just some young uns in stone island jumpers kicking off after a bit of chanting and name calling....silly fuckers there was filth everywhere :(

Jostling for position to see the open top bus parade.

we should go back to playing one up top if you ask me, especially away from home. our strikers are all too samey to form effective partnerships and we were often over-run in midfield yesterday with one fewer than them. nolan looks better with two midfielders behind him too.

next game i would go with a front 6 of:

_____________smith_________guthrie

Jonas_____________nolan___________lovenkrands

_________________harewood

Edited by Dr Gloom

we should go back to playing one up top if you ask me, especially away from home. our strikers are all too samey to form effective partnerships and we were often over-run in midfield yesterday with one fewer than them. nolan looks better with two midfielders behind him too.

next game i would go with a front 6 of:

_____________smith_________guthrie

Jonas_____________nolan___________lovenkrands

_________________harewood

Harewood was woeful though, disappointing considering the number of times players score against their old clubs. Carroll hasn't done much wrong imo.