Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

we should go back to playing one up top if you ask me, especially away from home. our strikers are all too samey to form effective partnerships and we were often over-run in midfield yesterday with one fewer than them. nolan looks better with two midfielders behind him too.

next game i would go with a front 6 of:

_____________smith_________guthrie

Jonas_____________nolan___________lovenkrands

_________________harewood

Lovenkrands is fucking woeful out wide man. It's like playing with 10 men. He was an absolute waste of space yesterday.

not the best, bit who else is there? ryan taylor i suppose. or chuck another centre midfielder into the formation.

Ryan Taylor or Guthrie right with Jonas left are both far better options even if Guthrie is wasted a bit out there.

far better? dunno about that like. taylor doesn't offer much beside set pieces. lovenkrands offers little too but at least is one our midfielders that has some pace.

duff would have been good in this division. shame we couldn't hang on to him, although not unexpected. for all our midfielders we are lacking creatice options and pace.

I like taylor on the right for us this season, he gets the time and number of opportunities he needs to deliver a few cracking balls in a match

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should go back to playing one up top if you ask me, especially away from home. our strikers are all too samey to form effective partnerships and we were often over-run in midfield yesterday with one fewer than them. nolan looks better with two midfielders behind him too.

next game i would go with a front 6 of:

_____________smith_________guthrie

Jonas_____________nolan___________lovenkrands

_________________harewood

Lovenkrands is fucking woeful out wide man. It's like playing with 10 men. He was an absolute waste of space yesterday.

not the best, bit who else is there? ryan taylor i suppose. or chuck another centre midfielder into the formation.

Ryan Taylor or Guthrie right with Jonas left are both far better options even if Guthrie is wasted a bit out there.

far better? dunno about that like. taylor doesn't offer much beside set pieces. lovenkrands offers little too but at least is one our midfielders that has some pace.

Aye, far better. Taylor has done ok actually. Lovenkrands has done absolutely nothing. He doesn't even offer honest graft.