Keegan hurt by NUFC rift

TheMoog

From the NotW:

FORMER Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan fears his relationship with the club's supporters will never recover after his bitter battle with Mike Ashley.

Keegan has even logged on to fans' message boards to gauge the Toon Army's opinion following his bitter spat with the Sports Direct owner. And he has been left dismayed at all the negative feeling following the revelation he was seeking huge compensation.

A source close to the 58-year-old one-time Geordie messiah said: "He has taken it all very hard. He looked at message boards and has been very hurt. He has taken all the criticism personally.

"Some fans have turned on him because of the figures that were released.

"He never wanted to leave - that has been forgotten. The situation was horrendous. He has been psychologically scarred by what has happened. He knows now his relationship with the fans has been damaged."

Keegan was awarded £2million by the Premier League Manager's arbitration tribunal and is expected to claim a second victory over Ashley for the £1.5m costs.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Keegan if you're reading the proper people of Newcastle upon Tyne love you, when you're reading WUM's, idiots, and rentboy posts etc... have a look at location, if it doesn't say Newcastle take no notice. When you made your debut in 1982 there was 36,000 from the area to watch you, but such was your success as our manager, it created a monster and a national fanbase of hangers on, don't ever lose sight of who the true fans are, and the true fans will respect you till the day you die.

Keegan if you're reading the proper people of Newcastle upon Tyne love you, when you're reading WUM's, idiots, and rentboy posts etc... have a look at location, if it doesn't say Newcastle take no notice. When you made your debut in 1982 there was 36,000 from the area to watch you, but such was your success as our manager, it created a monster and a national fanbase of hangers on, don't ever lose sight of who the true fans are, and the true fans will respect you till the day you die.

Plastic fan.

You mean the improper ones hate him?! :lol:

who decides who is proper and improper?

its all a bit confusing for me :(

its all a bit confusing for me :(

FFS it's pretty straightforward.

In Toon = good lad (proper)

Out of towner = cunt (improper)

Where's HF's chart again :lol:

its all a bit confusing for me :lol:

Where's HF's chart again :lol:

:(

I'm not sure all of those haters on N-O are out of towners, perhaps just idiots.

The fans of Newcastle United have a lot to be grateful for in regards to Keegan. He was the catalyst for the modern face of Newcastle United, Premier League football, European football, a great ground (a couple of upgrades)

Without Keegan god knows where we would still be!

Ashley and his cronies are to blame, a tribunal forcing the paying of out £2m doesn't tend to do so without hard evidence.

So what about, Out of country?

Can hardly wait for your answer :(

:lol: There's the toon, then there's everywhere else man

So what about, Out of country?

Can hardly wait for your answer :lol:

Hey Noelie, "out of country" supporters are some of the most fanatical and loyal fans imho, my uncle who lives not far from you in Arcadia CA goes to see at least 5 toon games a year, last year he saw 11 games 1 more than me :( . Anyway back on topic, I hope KK does come back one day

ps I will be in Anaheim next week Noelie is there anywhere to watch the match over there

I'm not sure all of those haters on N-O are out of towners, perhaps just idiots.

The fans of Newcastle United have a lot to be grateful for in regards to Keegan. He was the catalyst for the modern face of Newcastle United, Premier League football, European football, a great ground (a couple of upgrades)

Ashley and his cronies are to blame, a tribunal forcing the paying of out £2m doesn't tend to do so without hard evidence.

You forgot something very important, Tom. Keegan is responsible for giving us the best football we are ever likely to see in our lifetimes supporting NUFC. Not just good football, but exhilarating, magical football. I love that man for what he gave me, and nothing, or nobody, can spoil it.

You forgot something very important, Tom. Keegan is responsible for giving us the best football we are ever likely to see in our lifetimes supporting NUFC. Not just good football, but exhilarating, magical football. I love that man for what he gave me, and nothing, or nobody, can spoil it.

Put my name down for that, too.

I don't know if it was the Luton game or the Pompey game in our winning start where I thought, 'fuck me, we're not just winning but wiping the floor with these teams'. We spent just over £2M on Beresford, Lee, Venison and Bracewell. How 'tactically naive' or piss poor management was that? After thinking we'd be in the third division only a few weeks earlier as well! (Terry Butcher spent the same and nearly took the Orcs into the third!)

I was a young lad enjoying life and beer and will never forget those great times. If KK was somehow reading this then you'll always be welcome to buy me a pint anyday. The bloke was/is, rightly, a NUFC icon.

(Do some people forget the training sessions open to the fans? Was that KK subtly showing the superstars what playing for this club meant?)

Keegan is responsible for giving us the best football we are ever likely to see in our lifetimes supporting NUFC. Not just good football, but exhilarating, magical football. I love that man for what he gave me, and nothing, or nobody, can spoil it.

I might make that my sig :lol: :lol: :(