Telethons

magelaide

How boring are Telethons?

Yes, it's nice to raise money for medical research etc (given my field of study - I'm all for it) however, why must it infect my television screen for 25 hours? Why??

So, I get off my butt and go into the city. I forget that stupid Rally Australia is on and there are car freaks (read: bogans!) everywhere. EVERYWHERE I tells you.

/rant.

They're crap aren't they.

Yes, they raise money for good causes, but as programmes it's just an excuse for very cheap/substandard TV.

We've got the annual Children In Need on being shown here on Friday, and every year its the same old crap, getting newsreaders to sing, the obligatory comedy sketch, roping in a celebrity who will either be the butt of the joke and on the recieving end of all the catchphrases or they'll use the catchphrase against the character that usually says it.

And then the localised bits are even worse, watching someone who's done something really wacky and original like sitting in a bath full of beans all day and raised £250.

Fair enough it raises money for good causes, but is there not an alternative to this dross?

I much prefer a wankathon, I had one lastnight, now I've got the difficult job of picking up all the sticky kleenex !

But it was worth it !