Buying from 3rd parties via Amazon

Toonraider

Anyone had any problems with this?

I ordered some CDs from 2 separate private sellers on amazon a few weeks back and received neither though the money was taken from my account. I emailed them both and did get quick replies, each saying that all orders were sent out within a day so they must have been lost in the post ;)

One of them has reimbursed me as a goodwill gesture, you cant do fairer than that i know, but its put me off ordering in future, i'll just stick to amazon itself.

Edited by Toonraider

I've bought a few things from the private sellers on Amazon and never had a problem.

I usually have a look at what their past records have been like, and look at comments from people who've dealt with them in the past.

I only buy from people with good records, and I think if you do that there shouldn't be any problems.

I bought two books from two different sellers about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Did the order on the Saturday, the first book turned up on the Tuesday and the second one on the Wednesday.

I've bought a few things from the private sellers on Amazon and never had a problem.

I usually have a look at what their past records have been like, and look at comments from people who've dealt with them in the past.

I only buy from people with good records, and I think if you do that there shouldn't be any problems.

I bought two books from two different sellers about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Did the order on the Saturday, the first book turned up on the Tuesday and the second one on the Wednesday.

55739[/snapback]

same here - I only use it if it's soemthing I can't get any other way mind

Guest Toplass-101

I bought books n stuff from private sellers on Amazon and never had any bother. However, I would never order anything from them during the weeks leading up to Xmas, every year I seem to hear of people whos orders never turned up, and the sellers just blame the Xmas post.

Never any bother buying, but I have had to issue a refund due to an item not turning up- the value of the item meant it wasnt worth sending recorded so I just issued the refund and wrote off the loss.