Sponsorship

Craig

How about a return to the Broon Ale? :)

As much I liked the blue star on the shirt, I think that ship has well and truly sailed. Anyway, they've got fuck all to do with Tyneside anymore. Let them sponsor Leeds or Sheff Wed if they're that keen on Yorkshire. :)

I suppose he could always do a deal with 'Tampax' to help us through this bad period. :icon_lol:

(Really though, we should expect the most tackiest thing you can think of, then times it by two and that will probably be close to what FCB will palm on us.)

[quote name='Howmanheyman' date='Oct 22 2009, 06:06 PM' post='685663

(Really though, we should expect the most tackiest thing you can think of, then times it by two and that will probably be close to what FCB will palm on us.)

canned_foods_006.jpg

Who's been our most prominent match day sponsor lately?

Probably will be a company already with ties with the club.

As for brron ale...isnt there some law against advertising alcohol on football shirts now?

As for brron ale...isnt there some law against advertising alcohol on football shirts now?

The thieves have still got Carlsberg on theirs haven't they?

What about Ocean Finance? There is a geordie connection with that woman in the advert telling her son to move his "scoota"

What about Ocean Finance? There is a geordie connection with that woman in the advert telling her son to move his "scoota"

Oh aye true...i just thought i read soemthing saying it was prohibited now, i must be wrong.

In that case id plump for Carling...havnt they got a big contract with St James already?

Oh aye true...i just thought i read soemthing saying it was prohibited now, i must be wrong.

In that case id plump for Carling...havnt they got a big contract with St James already?

Everton have Chang as well - some european countires, like France, have a ban so when they play in Europe they have to cover it up

Everton have Chang as well - some european countires, like France, have a ban so when they play in Europe they have to cover it up

Don't think we'll have to worry about that for a while like. :)

Thankfully, we're pretty safe from LardAsh putting 'Sp****Di***t' on our shirts for a nominal fee, due to the fact he's doing his best to get rid of the club, not hinder a potential sale any further.

Kiss of death there like Snakehips.

isnt that how ashley bought the club?

Freddy spent the cash years beforehand

Depends on the deal he agrees with himself surely? :)

If 'Sports Direct' sign a deal to sponsor NUFC for 5 years at the sum of £1000 a year, he's laughing, isn't he?

Surely if he does that he's just reducing the value of the club. instead of having £xm a year we have £1k. Basically he would be taking value out in kind (free advertising) rather than cash (revenue or a more valuable club if he sells). Of course we'd still be stuck with it on the front of our shirts

If he's not arsed about the club what he'll see it as is an opportunity for cheap advertising for years to come (unless prospective new owners buy him out of his deal).

With regards to money coming in well if SD did sponsor us, it'd be his money anyway. I also re-iterrate my point in the OP - we'll get nowhere near as good a deal as we got with S&N, NTL or NR. Who want's to be associated with Ashley in business terms?

BTW Dr Ken, scousers have binned Carlsberg in favour of Standard Chartered bank. Now I wonder how they managed to sort out that re-financing lark....? :)

Think childrens replica shirts are not allowed alcohol on them so any kids kits have a blank shitty looking half finnished top.

Think childrens replica shirts are not allowed alcohol on them so any kids kits have a blank shitty looking half finnished top.

Most kids should probably have some shitty beer on their shirts i.e. IF IT WASN'T FOR CARLING/XXXX/ACE/DOG I WOULDN'T BE HERE.