Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers

Deano

Thank god we won but it's a win that feels like a defeat in many ways.

How?

A win is a win...yes we werent majestic...far from it.

But after our awful 1st half we battered them second half and it just took a long time to break them down, we got the three points and a decent second half performance.

Carroll and Ranger should be given a 5 game run together upfront.

It is a such a sweet victory. Everything was against us.

Sweet victory? It was fucking Doncaster for christ's sake - we should have absolutely murdered them! :P

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with the 3 points but what a fucking struggle.

We were awful in the first half and came back in the second. Jonas and Carroll missed two complete sitters, Harewood was anonymous. It was only when Ranger was brought on we began to look dangerous. The referee seemed to do everything in his power to give them the upper hand. From what I saw both the penalty and red card were very harsh.

Special mention to the Donny fans, who have to be the worst team we've seen at St. James' this season. They sat on their hands until they scored and then until the penalty. Piss.

the first half was awful, Donny just passed the ball around our static midfield and deserved the lead. Raylor and Guthrie were largely invisible. But in the second half they sat back and flattered us by letting us try and play - which we didn't do very well until Carroll's impressive instinctive first time shot. Harewood put in a half-arsed shift and couldn't be bothered to chase after balls. We looked more threatening when Ranger came on.

The Zurab incident invoved a load of handbags with uninvolved players piling in. Butt was playing peacemaker but did it pretty aggressively. His red card leaves us with fewer defensive options for the Sheff U game -not sure if his ban will be one or more games. Kadar looked decent on the ball and made some timely interventions, but also made a few dodgy decisions - he tended to try and play the ball out of defence, sometimes conceding posession in dangerous areas. Credit to Nolan for scoring an unlikely, and barely deserved, winner.

A few decent chants of "get out of our club"

the first half was awful, Donny just passed the ball around our static midfield and deserved the lead. Raylor and Guthrie were largely invisible. But in the second half they sat back and flattered us by letting us try and play - which we didn't do very well until Carroll's impressive instinctive first time shot. Harewood put in a half-arsed shift and couldn't be bothered to chase after balls. We looked more threatening when Ranger came on.

The Zurab incident invoved a load of handbags with uninvolved players piling in. Butt was playing peacemaker but did it pretty aggressively. His red card leaves us with fewer defensive options for the Sheff U game -not sure if his ban will be one or more games. Kadar looked decent on the ball and made some timely interventions, but also made a few dodgy decisions - he tended to try and play the ball out of defence, sometimes conceding posession in dangerous areas. Credit to Nolan for scoring an unlikely, and barely deserved, winner.

A few decent chants of "get out of our club"

It wasnt Butt that went off???? It was Khizwhatsit wasnt it?

The whole thing was a farce though, what was the ref thinking? He called over their player and gave the yellow then called Butt over and gave him one. As an afterthought though he then pulled out the red for Khiz, who wasnt even involved as far as I could see. Kadar was our player involved and he got off scot free.

Surely if a player deserved a straight red then they should have got that first before any other cards were handed out.

Special mentions again though have to go to our wonderful club who feel its better to get a little cash off parents than have professional ball boys. For fucks sake, when are they going to learn?

aye the ball boys situation was a joke today.

Zurab ran in and grabbed Sharp by the throat thats why he got sent off. alltho sharp did punch Kadar and get away with it

Has been for years! Surely it isn't beyond the club to employ people big enough to catch and throw balls back to players quickly. Any team who want to waste time at St James' don't even have to try, its done for them.

As for the match, shit first half and 1-0 to them was about right, Harewood was a waste of a shirt again and was lucky to start the second half at all. Second half we came out more interested and looking like we had a chance, and at the end they showed some fight to go for the winner when down to 10 men for whatever reason the ref dished out the card.

Enrique was out on his own as our best player, later in the game taking it upon himself to try and be our main playmaker at times when others were failing to, though i've no porblem with the award to Nolan for MOTM for snatching a gaol that our season may yet hinge upon, because a draw today in the run we're in and we would be in trouble.

Enrique was a class above the rest today like. He stands out like a sore thumb in our side at the minute.

Guitierez was poor but he did try and got stuck in when others didnt.

Harewood couldnt give a shit and was useless.

Butt was about as bad as Harewood

Ranger looked great when he came on, ran the channels and held the ball up well

Oh and Carrols miss is the worst ive seen for a very long time

But it wasnt a boring game that said

Edited by JaMoUsE

This league is tailor made for us to walk this season. Not one standout team unlike previous years when it was obvious early on who was going to finish top 2. Had we beaten the likes of Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Bristol City we could be 10 points clear already! As it is we are doing our best to piss it away

i've no porblem with the award to Nolan for MOTM for snatching a gaol

Well I do Papa Lazaru, the award should go to the player who missed the penalty. Without his performence we would never have got 3 points. :P

This league is tailor made for us to walk this season. Not one standout team unlike previous years when it was obvious early on who was going to finish top 2. Had we beaten the likes of Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Bristol City we could be 10 points clear already! As it is we are doing our best to piss it away

I agree with that. I have respect for the league but there is a seriously lack of quality and it's closer to the top of league one than the premier league.

I was talking to a Nottingham Forest fan and I said this is a shocking league and he disagreed strongly. Put it this way - with Taylor and Collocini we had the best defence in the league.

Minimal investment and a decent managerial appointment would have seen us seriously walk the league.

I agree with that. I have respect for the league but there is a seriously lack of quality and it's closer to the top of league one than the premier league.

I was talking to a Nottingham Forest fan and I said this is a shocking league and he disagreed strongly. Put it this way - with Taylor and Collocini we had the best defence in the league.

Minimal investment and a decent managerial appointment would have seen us seriously walk the league.

Agreed, as has been said, we've won one game in the last 5 and we're top with a two point lead. The championship is poor anyone can beat anyone. Very little real quality

Also it's priobably to be expected that Kadar would be a bit nervous. 19 year old making his full home debut in front of 44,000 playing with a bloke he has trained with for a couple of months at best, and playing at what would have been very short notice (given we were expecting Coloccini to return and didn't know that Simpson would also miss out). I expect we'll be seeig him again next match possibly teamed up with Coloccini.

Harper 7 - Did what he had to, again.

Enrique 9 - Was he left back, was he attacking centre back midfield striker? I do not know but he was bloody good.

Kadar 6 - Okay. Made a few errors. His 40 yard pelt was fucking ridiculous aswell.

Zurab Zhaksndsbhshshbhbshshshsghgbdhynbsh 7 - Decent until his sending off, which I must point out was completely uncalled for as i'm 99% certain I saw one of their players swing for one of ours

Raylor 7 - Piss defending, good getting forward.

Jonas 4 - Useless Cunt.

Butt - 5 - Got 'stuck in' but i'm not Graeme Souness, so I don't let him off for back heeling the fucking ball next to our corner flag and presenting them with fantastic opportunity.

Nolan 9 - Against all the odds i'm beginning to like him. Scored a goal and doesn't waste the ball when on it.

Guthrie 7 - Nee where in the first half, okay in the second.

Carroll 7 - Shite until his goal, which was fantastic.

Harewood 4 - See Jonas.

Subs:

Ranger 8 - He did more in 30 seconds than Harewood did all match. He didn't lose the ball, he created dangerous situations and he won us set pieces. Why don't our other strikers take note? He's about fucking 12!?

Everyone else - n/a

Away fans:

Doncaster 3 - Worst of the year.

Quote of the day:

"Howay man darlin! This is when we hit the first man!" Some lad trying to get his uninterested other half involved at a corner in the NUFC rollercoaster.

Edited by Ketsbaia

My poor wording, yes it was Zurab who got the red, tho others weighed in just as much. Butt tried but was ultimately a poor imitation of Smith, no insult intended, but he's less mobile and best deployed as as a sub. My eyes say we don't deserve to go up but, while I'm no acccadacca, this league is obviously mostly shite and provided the players stay fit and motivated we should make the top two.

One of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my life.

Three goals, one a glorious volley, one a 40 yard pearler, scraps, one sending off, a penalty award, a penalty miss, 2 howlers missed from 6 yards out. What more do you want?

It was never going to be neat passing football with triangles all over the park in this league, with this squad and this owner.

One thing annoyed me yesterday. I don't know if it happened on every corner, but Carroll kept coming short for the corners. I might be wrong but I think he's our tallest player, and whenever a corner went in, he seemed to be on the intersection of the goal line and the 18 yard box, a wasted player.

Jonas had another infuriating afternoon too. He needs to watch Goal. That bit where the trainer teaches the south american lad that the ball is faster than he can ever be and passing to someone in space is preferable to running into space yourself.

Three goals, one a glorious volley, one a 40 yard pearler, scraps, one sending off, a penalty award, a penalty miss, 2 howlers missed from 6 yards out. What more do you want?

It was never going to be neat passing football with triangles all over the park in this league, with this squad and this owner.

One thing annoyed me yesterday. I don't know if it happened on every corner, but Carroll kept coming short for the corners. I might be wrong but I think he's our tallest player, and whenever a corner went in, he seemed to be on the intersection of the goal line and the 18 yard box, a wasted player.

Jonas had another infuriating afternoon too. He needs to watch Goal. That bit where the trainer teaches the south american lad that the ball is faster than he can ever be and passing to someone in space is preferable to running into space yourself.

I think they use carroll as a decoy to be honest as he normally takes two players with him on corners as he is the tallest players and therefore leaving more room for other players to get a head on the ball. I noticed it in the ipswich game aswell where it worked perfectly for nolan to get in with the head, however could see it working better if we had ranger up front with him as opposed to on his own or with harewood who was crap yesterday and in each game ive seen him play for us.

jonas is the worst player ive seen in a newcastle shirt, at least marcelino and guivarch had the decency not to get a game and we knew we were paying a fee for them whereas a argentinian international who was supposed to be a free transfer ended up costing 5million and high wages and can neither shoot or cross a ball, pretty important for a winger.

Sorry to those who have been displaced as my worst players:

Sorry Boumsong

Sorry Bramble

Sorry Des Hamilton

Sorry Marcelino

Sorry Micheal Owen

Sorry Fumaca

etc...

I think they use carroll as a decoy to be honest as he normally takes two players with him on corners as he is the tallest players and therefore leaving more room for other players to get a head on the ball. I noticed it in the ipswich game aswell where it worked perfectly for nolan to get in with the head, however could see it working better if we had ranger up front with him as opposed to on his own or with harewood who was crap yesterday and in each game ive seen him play for us.

Makes sense...except he did it every time and they seemed to leave him to it.