Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers

Deano

jonas is the worst player ive seen in a newcastle shirt, at least marcelino and guivarch had the decency not to get a game and we knew we were paying a fee for them whereas a argentinian international who was supposed to be a free transfer ended up costing 5million and high wages and can neither shoot or cross a ball, pretty important for a winger.

Sorry to those who have been displaced as my worst players:

Sorry Boumsong

Sorry Bramble

Sorry Des Hamilton

Sorry Marcelino

Sorry Micheal Owen

Sorry Fumaca

etc...

Gutierez was better in the 2nd half. And gave 110%. Alot better than Harewood and Butt

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Jonas wasn't even the worst player yesterday (not saying he wasn't shit btw) I disagree with assertions that he gives 100% because he gives me the impression he couldn't give a fuck. I can understand why like, but he has to give 100% because there's very little else to his game.

First time I've been to SJP this season and, firstly, I'm delighted we won and it was an exciting game. I've only just got back as I spent the weekend visiting family in Durham.

Mostly, however, the performance was shocking bar a few decent patches. After big andy's header in the first half I didn't think I'd see a worse finish for a long while but he went and outdid himself in the second half. And then he goes and smashes in the most difficult chance he had all game. It's no wonder people can get so infuriated with players. Still, cracking goal to send the place mental.

I took the wife along to her first game (ever - anywhere!!) and even she could see that Jonas was terrible. She took to referring to him as 'the big girl' after twenty of minutes of watching him jump out of tackles, fall over, dangle his foot at balls coming his way and generally flop his hair about. I though Butt was also really poor, for a player of his experience to make the mistakes he does is ridiculous. Harewood did very little and I can see why he is getting a hard time from the fans who have seen him over the past few weeks.

Other than that I was really impressed with Enrique. I never really got him before but seeing him live I could really appreciate the energy he puts in. Nolan didn't do much but he does look a class above when he has the ball compared to the company he is keeping in this division, and he hit the net again so can't really ask for more. We did seem a little off balance with Guthrie playing right as he spent a lot of the time playing central which meant a big hole infront of Ryan Taylor.

Ranger seemed to inject some desire into the team so for that alone he needs to start above Harewood. The difference between them was vast.

At least it was a win to break the run of poor of results, something to build on for the next game.

One of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my life.

Three goals, one a glorious volley, one a 40 yard pearler, scraps, one sending off, a penalty award, a penalty miss, 2 howlers missed from 6 yards out. What more do you want?

It was never going to be neat passing football with triangles all over the park in this league, with this squad and this owner.

One thing annoyed me yesterday. I don't know if it happened on every corner, but Carroll kept coming short for the corners. I might be wrong but I think he's our tallest player, and whenever a corner went in, he seemed to be on the intersection of the goal line and the 18 yard box, a wasted player.

Jonas had another infuriating afternoon too. He needs to watch Goal. That bit where the trainer teaches the south american lad that the ball is faster than he can ever be and passing to someone in space is preferable to running into space yourself.

I think they use carroll as a decoy to be honest as he normally takes two players with him on corners as he is the tallest players and therefore leaving more room for other players to get a head on the ball. I noticed it in the ipswich game aswell where it worked perfectly for nolan to get in with the head, however could see it working better if we had ranger up front with him as opposed to on his own or with harewood who was crap yesterday and in each game ive seen him play for us.

Interesting theory - all depends what Carroll is like at heading the ball tbh (can't recall at this precise moment) but if he's absolute gash then he certainly is better deployed running short and taking 2 defenders with him opening up the opportunity for others than standing in the box and heading it into row Z each time.

Carroll seems to be quite inconsistent. Sometimes his finishing is woeful other times he strikes the ball very sweetly. His heading is the same. At times it's a 50p, other times he can find the top corner with pace from a cross floated behind him.

Him leaving the danger-area is, however, a waste in my opinion. Even if he's occupying two men in the area, he's still occupying them and you know the 'keeper is going to be watching the big man if he's there or there abouts

I believe there were almost 44k there yesterday. *insert Tim Krul statement*. With the recent run of form, and the opposition being 'only' Donny Rovers, I didn't expect that many. Pretty good.

Very very impressive.

Pretty much the same as Liverpool - Manchester United and probably more than the games Chelsea and Arsenal were involved in.

I haven't read the full thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the biggest thing that sticks out for me is how shit the officials were. Never a pen in a million years, and never a sending off. All through the game I was watching the referee his body language was very uncomfortable, and I reckon he was only too glad to try and make a name for himself, with a string of shit decisions.

As for the game, don't get me wrong I've seen far worse toon sides than this, but I don't think I could handle a second season in this division, shocking game, I've seen better quality non league games than this. Also the booing of Harewood was embarrassing, don't get me wrong he is utter utter pony, but show some dignity you nobheads.

I haven't read the full thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the biggest thing that sticks out for me is how shit the officials were. Never a pen in a million years, and never a sending off. All through the game I was watching the referee his body language was very uncomfortable, and I reckon he was only too glad to try and make a name for himself, with a string of shit decisions.

As for the game, don't get me wrong I've seen far worse toon sides than this, but I don't think I could handle a second season in this division, shocking game, I've seen better quality non league games than this. Also the booing of Harewood was embarrassing, don't get me wrong he is utter utter pony, but show some dignity you nobheads.

Dont get me started on the East stand linesman, didnt have a clue.I cant remember what the incident was but there was a point where someone went down and the linesman stood stock still, no flag nowt then the referee obviously asked him if it was a foul and he nodded wildly. Everyone around went mental.

What a complete tool.

As for their being 44k there, bollocks, never in a million bastard years was there that many. Obviously our accountant is counting the crowd now. :P

Although there must have been 200+ Donny fans in the Directors box, when they scored the place went mental.

Dont get me started on the East stand linesman, didnt have a clue.I cant remember what the incident was but there was a point where someone went down and the linesman stood stock still, no flag nowt then the referee obviously asked him if it was a foul and he nodded wildly. Everyone around went mental.

What a complete tool.

As for their being 44k there, bollocks, never in a million bastard years was there that many. Obviously our accountant is counting the crowd now. :P

Although there must have been 200+ Donny fans in the Directors box, when they scored the place went mental.

I think 44000 is fair, looking round from my lofty vantage point I said 42 and a half. Even 3/4 of the Sports bar was full.

I thought it was a clear pen and said so straight away to the lad next to me while the ref took his time to decide.

Clear pen hitting an elbow with his body twisted, 18 inches away?

I thought it was a clear pen and said so straight away to the lad next to me while the ref took his time to decide.

With his arms waving about like he's Ricky Martin.

Fair enough if the ball hits your arm when it's down by your side. Not when you're doing the YMCA though.

Fair enough if the ball hits your arm when it's down by your side. Not when you're doing the YMCA though.

If that's a pen you'd see 4 pens every game, and Chelsea would be in relegation trouble the amount of times John Terry does it.

If that's a pen you'd see 4 pens every game, and Chelsea would be in relegation trouble the amount of times John Terry does it.

I reckon if it was in the other box and the ref hadn't given it you'd be livid.

IMO it was a penalty - had it been the other end and not been given there'd have been hell on.

Sending off was probably justified too (given that he grabbed him by the throat) - yes Billy Sharp should have walked too for what he did but the fact he didn't doesn't make Zurab's actions any better.

Even if it was an awful performance there are few things better in football than beating a team in injury time who've spent most of the previous 90 mins wasting time.

Even if it was an awful performance there are few things better in football than beating a team in injury time who've spent most of the previous 90 mins wasting time.

Amen.

IMO it was a penalty - had it been the other end and not been given there'd have been hell on.

Sending off was probably justified too (given that he grabbed him by the throat) - yes Billy Sharp should have walked too for what he did but the fact he didn't doesn't make Zurab's actions any better.

This is what's annoying, by and large if you don't actually swing an arm/hand at somebody you'll get away with a yellow, but our player didn't. And if we appeal they won't overturn it as they'll see he does grab him by the throat and they'll have enough to just about back the ref, which they'll do. How the little shit for them who started the whole thing by stopping us get on with the game and then twatting Kadar only got a yellow is a mystery though.

And it was a pen, you can't wave a hand in the air where the ball is when challenging in the box, if its seen you risk being caught, though to eb fair it was probably just one of those mad insticntive things players do before thinking now and then.

However the linesman on the east stand side was a clown, everytime there was an attack (by either team in each half) he just randomly kept giving stupid offsides, he couldn't do it quick enough, yet he never felt the need even once to make any other sort of decision even if it was about a yard from his face. I remember late in the game at 2-1 when he finally gave us a decision in the left hand corner, Enrique made a point of deliberately and sarcastically applauding in the linesmans face for a good 4 or 5 seconds!

Even more annoying for me was the ref was about 5 yards away from everything and had (it would appear anyway) a good view yet the linesman is the one who came over to the ref and made him send our player off. Anyway, another good reason why the 2-1 with a winner at the death was exactly what the wankers deserved.

Just saw the highlights as we don't get League highlights show here until Tuesday night. Anyway it's plain as day that our player gets a jab to the diaphragm section of the stomach on the coverage, so the referee should be able see what he missed, that said the red card won't be rescinded as hands around an opponents neck are as good as a punch.