Keegan and Shearer

loonyTOON

I'm black and white through and through. That will never change no matter what league we're in and will still keep turning up to St. James Park.

But the Keegan trials and tribulations need to be spoken about from as neutral as possible. And I do not believe that he cares about the club as much as you or I would like to think. But from the figure that he wanted from the court case, had he got it, could of potentially spoilt any takeover and put the club into administration. I was asked whether I thought Keegan would take the money if it would put us into admin, and my answer is yes! I understand that the agreement was not met on Ashleys side, but if he loved the club why sue? I was also asked by a fellow magpies fan what should of happened with the money if he loved the club? He said that why didnt he donate it to the academy, or training facilities. Also why not hold on to it until new owners and then donate it to the club? Simple, he doesnt love us as much as we love him. And the fans need to stop treating the Kevs and Shearers as gods.

Now to the legend No. 9, Shearer. Loved him as a player, loved and still love his dedication to the Toon, but he should not manage the club (at least not yet). He is not mature enough as a 'manager' to take charge. Bellamy was sold because Shearer didnt like him and refused to play alongside of him. Look at him now, one of the next best things we had after Shearer and look what he is still doing. And also the way he treated Joey Barton when he was in charge end last season. If he doesnt like the player, he would get rid. But Barton in this case is one of the harder working players we have, plenty of skill and great vision. Never mind the off pitch antics and the attitude, I think he needs to play, period. Shearer only has the experience of playing, and the respect from the players and fans, but no experience of managing a team at all. All you have to do is look at Southgate and Keane. Neither of them have amounted to anything, and I would hate that to happen to Shearer.

As for Keegan's massive claim in court. I put that down to legal advice. He would have been told to go for that, possibly to help him strengthen his case for going for the proper sum. Ashley could have paid him off if he'd only gone for the amount he ended up getting.

And Shearer's attitude to Barton? Barton got sent off for a reckless challenge when we needed him most, he could have helped us avoid relegation but he ruled himself out of the fight by being an idiot. I can understand why Alan was angry with him.

I'm black and white through and through. That will never change no matter what league we're in and will still keep turning up to St. James Park.

But the Keegan trials and tribulations need to be spoken about from as neutral as possible. And I do not believe that he cares about the club as much as you or I would like to think. But from the figure that he wanted from the court case, had he got it, could of potentially spoilt any takeover and put the club into administration. I was asked whether I thought Keegan would take the money if it would put us into admin, and my answer is yes! I understand that the agreement was not met on Ashleys side, but if he loved the club why sue? I was also asked by a fellow magpies fan what should of happened with the money if he loved the club? He said that why didnt he donate it to the academy, or training facilities. Also why not hold on to it until new owners and then donate it to the club? Simple, he doesnt love us as much as we love him. And the fans need to stop treating the Kevs and Shearers as gods.

Now to the legend No. 9, Shearer. Loved him as a player, loved and still love his dedication to the Toon, but he should not manage the club (at least not yet). He is not mature enough as a 'manager' to take charge. Bellamy was sold because Shearer didnt like him and refused to play alongside of him. Look at him now, one of the next best things we had after Shearer and look what he is still doing. And also the way he treated Joey Barton when he was in charge end last season. If he doesnt like the player, he would get rid. But Barton in this case is one of the harder working players we have, plenty of skill and great vision. Never mind the off pitch antics and the attitude, I think he needs to play, period. Shearer only has the experience of playing, and the respect from the players and fans, but no experience of managing a team at all. All you have to do is look at Southgate and Keane. Neither of them have amounted to anything, and I would hate that to happen to Shearer.

I wonder where you've appeared from? :P

Apt name though :P

Keegan was justified in suing the club. I love Newcastle but i'd have done exactly the same thing in his position. You can't run a football club the way Ashley has and regardless of the amount he asked for (lets be honest, he was never going to get it all. He knew that and we knew that) he was relatively blameless.

As for Shearer I agree with the sentiment but your reasons are toss. Shearer and Bellamy never saw eye to eye but he wasn't the reason Bellers was sold - Souness was. He was already on his way out of the club when he sent that text. I don't think Shearer's handling of the Barton situation was wrong either. He got sent off for a stupid tackle and when he got the aftermatch dressing down he changed from the misunderstood Joey to the arsehole Joey. His red card banned him from the last three games anyway, so he couldn't have played even if Shearer wanted him to.

Keegan was justified in suing the club. I love Newcastle but i'd have done exactly the same thing in his position. You can't run a football club the way Ashley has and regardless of the amount he asked for (lets be honest, he was never going to get it all. He knew that and we knew that) he was relatively blameless.

As for Shearer I agree with the sentiment but your reasons are toss. Shearer and Bellamy never saw eye to eye but he wasn't the reason Bellers was sold - Souness was. He was already on his way out of the club when he sent that text. I don't think Shearer's handling of the Barton situation was wrong either. He got sent off for a stupid tackle and when he got the aftermatch dressing down he changed from the misunderstood Joey to the arsehole Joey. His red card banned him from the last three games anyway, so he couldn't have played even if Shearer wanted him to.

:P

... sadly we don't have a 'took the bait' smiley so the hunter one will have to do.

CUNT

CUNT

:P

As for Keegan's massive claim in court. I put that down to legal advice. He would have been told to go for that, possibly to help him strengthen his case for going for the proper sum. Ashley could have paid him off if he'd only gone for the amount he ended up getting.

That's more than likely true, lawyers are the ones who call the shots on the amount of claims as they know it is negotiable and they shoot for a high figure for openers.Keegan was probably told what the amount of asking was going to be and went along with it.

CUNT

This.