NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUSC surely has to speak up now

I've no doubt they'll be formulating ideas as we speak. Protesting has got to be a very viable option.

There is no fucking way pissing about with the stadium name can't be met with a very very angry crowd.

St James' Park since 1892! :nah:<_<<_<

In other news:

Mike Ashley's Sports Direct lost its 29% stake in outdoor chain Blacks Leisure on Tuesday after administrators of failed Icelandic bank Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (KSF) took control of the holding.

The announcement by Blacks Leisure comes after JD Sports Fashion said that Sports Direct's 11% stake in it had also passed to KSF.

Sports Direct, owner of the Sports World chain, had fought a legal battle with administrators over the stakes, which were partly financed by the bank.

It has already taken a £53.1 million hit in its annual results over the shares after conceding that it did not control the shares for accounting purposes.

Sports Direct has reined in its policy of "strategic investment" since recession struck, although it believes the stakes can be beneficial "in the right circumstances".

The company's stake-building is competing for cash with other priorities such cutting debts, which stood at £431 million as of the end of April.

Mr Ashley is also the owner of Championship side Newcastle United, which he is trying to sell. The stake in Blacks Leisure is worth around £3.6 million at current prices.

He reportedly made an approach to buy the entire business earlier this year and in 2007 threatened to remove the company's board over plans to sell the company's Freespirit boardwear business.

Blacks is meanwhile struggling to secure its financial future after warning it would breach its lending terms after a sudden trading downturn.

The firm agreed a £40 million facility with Lloyds Banking Group in July but has embarked on a restructuring of the business which has seen its O'Neill boardwear stores placed in administration.

I've no doubt they'll be formulating ideas as we speak. Protesting has got to be a very viable option.

Boycotting games has to be an option, if he does sell the rights it'll be a long term deal that I doubt even a new owner could get out of.

Any potential sponsor should be made aware of how unpopular that deal would be.

There is no fucking way pissing about with the stadium name can't be met with a very very angry crowd.

St James' Park since 1892! <_<<_<<_<

And like others have said, there's only one reason he'd sell the naming rights to the ground and that's to line his pockets - he's got no intention of ever putting anything in to the club, asset stripping and humiliation of the fans can be his only aim now, no doubt about it.

God I feel so fucking angry!!! :nah:

Well it's official, he's deliberately doing all he can to piss us off. If he tries to rename the stadium I hope the cunt is hung from a lamp post.

Same here.

I would love to see the cunt hung for that. It's a step to far for me I feel sick.

It'd need to be a hell of a strong rope mind.

NEWCASTLE United are delighted to announce that Chris Hughton has been named the permanent manager of the Club, his contract will run until the end of the 2010/11 season.

At the same time the Club has confirmed that it has been withdrawn from sale and is no longer on the market.

The Club had been trying to broker a deal with a number of prospective buyers in recent months however none of those deals came to fruition. With regard to the possible sale of the Club to Barry Moat, that particular bid has now fallen through due to the cash price of £80m not being met.

In confirming the news, Mike Ashley stated that he is totally committed to the future success of Newcastle United and will be focussing on gaining promotion back to the Premier League. Mike will put a further £20m into the Club this week.

Derek Llambias, Managing Director of Newcastle United, said:

Article continues>>

"We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

And Chris Hughton added:

"It is a very proud day for me to be named as the manager of this magnificent football club. I thank Mike and Derek for their support and will be doing everything in my power to get the Club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"Having the unequivocal backing of the players has helped me enormously and I would also like to thank Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron and the rest of the backroom staff who have never been anything but tremendously supportive to me this season."

Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch. The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

from .co.uk

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a direct result of him getting grief form those fans at Scunthorpe, he's spiteful and vindictive enough to want to hurt the fans that much - he's showing how much he hates us and we're powerless to stop him - it's his ball and he's playing with it.

Absolute cunt of an excuse of a man.

If he dares to show his face at the next home game vs Peterborough, I really hope someone gets to the directors box a sticks one on the fat bastard.

The prick will prob be sat at home now with a smug grin on his face, words cannot describe how much I despise him and the way he is destroying our proud club.

I really think our attendances have worked against us this season. Ashley really believes the fans are mugs and the money has continued to come in from ticketing and merchandising. The unfortunate thing is if we were getting 15,000 and no one was buying the shirts then he'd likely have sold up my now.