NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh fuck it I give up.

No matter what is written, no matter what you say, the same people trot the same tired arguments out.

All Im saying is that we need to spend a few days coming up with the options, sorting the possible routes out and then do them.

The likes of CT and Jihad are calling for a storming of the gates, what gates? theres no game til next Saturday so that gives us 8 days. If we arranged something for matchday yesterday it would have no bigger affect than if we arrange it on Monday.

The problem as it has always been on here since NUSC was formed is that it doesnt get held to task and discuused properly because the "old timers" on the board dont want too upset PP.

This is a shame because hearing a bit more honesty from those he has known longer may help him formulate action plans within NUST better.

Absulute fucking bollocks and you know it, frankly a cheap shot from a sad fucker who has to spice up his life and make out hes a big shot on the internet when frankly hes just some argumentative wank. You've now decided to turn a couple of hundred people into lickspittles behind some faceless name on a message board, maybe you should credit these people with a bit of free thinking eh? unlike yourself the other members on here are capable of reading something said and making an informed decision.

I don’t generally contribute to messageboards and have no interest in engaging in any form of petty squabble. However, as a member of NUST I’m sick of you unilaterally stating what NUST will and will not do on this forum. It’s not for you to decide, it for the members. I’ve raised this subject on the NUSC forum if you want contact me, but I’m going to say my piece here.

By all means take a few days to think things over, but if NUST don’t at least ask the membership if they want to engage in active protest against Mr Ashley I am going to table a motion of no confidence in the committee. It’s not an action I want to take but your comments on this site have consistently suggested a committee (whose legitimacy expired long ago) are treating NUST as their own personal domain. Doing what you want, when you want without any recourse to the membership.

It’s not for you to decide what is and isn’t political suicide. It’s not for you to decide whether protests have to involve bedsheets, and it’s not for you to decide whether or not a boycott is in the best interests of the club. Options need to be put to the membership, and it needs to be done quickly.

As for this one, sorry like but thats bollocks as well, I dont come on here and preach the NUST stuff, I report what is happening and give reasoned argument for and against, read back over my previous posts, at times I myself am critical of the organisation, I myself may not agree with everything that goes on or where the focus is sitting at any one time. If I dont though then I'll make those feelings known. Im willing to stand up for what I believe in, I report back to the committee when I see whats going on on here, whats being said and how generally those that use places such as this are feeling. If anything you'll find that Im one of the few on that committee who wants to see more radical action, Im the one that stands up and makes my voice heard and is willing to say "this is shite, I disagree with it".

If however, the rest disagree then Im fucked, what I wont do however is throw my toys out of the pram and walk away that would mean theres one less voice there touting the opposite view and even less chance of a reasoned debate taking place. Currently its working because thats democracy, the committee was formed to take this club forward in the way it sees fit. If you dont think that we're doing that then you are quite rightly within your rights to table a "no confidence" motion. Im sure however that will really piss Ashley off, us fighting amongst ourselves.

You talk about putting the options to the members yet not once have you taken on board the fact that I keep saying time and time again in this thread that we are looking at the options, we are pulling together views and thoughts and things that may or may not work. It takes time to document and plan out these options properly, it takes time to see if they would work, see if you have the relevant backing and people on board. Then and only then is it a good idea to put them to the members, whats the use in saying we can do a,b,c,d or e oh and maybe f as well, which do you want? only to answer "I dont know, not thought about it" when asked what d means.

As for certain people on here trotting out the "Im not giving him any more money, Im not going anymore" well great, good on you however thats not exactly a major sacrifice is it when as you put it "I normally decide which games I fancy going to", not really a hard thing to do when the options are Scunthorpe, Cardiff and Peterborough, not Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal. Its also not a hard sacrifice to make when you spend 6 months of the year out of the country and miss half the games anyway. It must give a real warm glow to sit two thousand miles away knowing you're being paid to make that stance and being smug with a "Im boycotting, why arent you" attitude.

Some of us have a problem in paying out money to the fat man for the next three years only to let that go, hes no worse off but I am, Im paying out for something Im not going to use yet at the same time everyone else is still there, wooopeedoo theres 2000 of us not turning up out of principle, most of whom have already paid their money therefore its not 2000 less in gate receipts. If however a full, widescale boycott of the matches was organised then Id be stood there outside with the rest of them. Until then I'll be there week in week out giving my support to the lads and vocally making it clear how I feel about the regime. I'll be there 10 minutes after the game supporting the Ultras.

Some of us never buy anything from the club out of the principle, not one drop of beer, water or a bite of a pie has passed my lips in that ground since last September. I dont see it as a major problem, what I do see as a problem is the fact I wont be able to buy my son a toon top the day hes born, that I cant kit him out for the day he is taken out of the RVI, that hurts me because thats how I would have always seen it happening.

I can still take the long way home and drive past those gates, the gates that will still say "St James Park" on them come January. I can still stop and say "one day son, thats where you'll stand, with the rest of them that care about this club".

As for anyone who thinks that Im using this board as an extension of the NUST and is sick of it then feel free, this link may help > Click here I will continue to give you the views from inside, I may not even personally agree with them at times but I'll still report them because if I dont then you'll have even less chance to disagree with them than you do now.

Finally, as for chucking in your membership of the Trust CT what do you think you've gained from that? the minute its cancelled then you've got no ability to make your voice heard, no chance to put your views on the forum or argue against things at a meeting. Thats not making a stance, its cowardice, its being unwilling to stand up for what you believe in.

I remember passing the 'Supporters For Change' lads in the 80's on my way into the ground and thinking "These guys are fucking daft. How can they NOT want to go in to see the match?" I just couldn't comprehend their thoughts. 20-odd years later and I'm in the same position they were then! I don't know if I'm right by not going back, only time will tell. Even when he finally does go we, and thousands of others, will be debating till the end of time about who was right/wrong. All I can do is follow my instincts on this and they are telling me to stay away.

The same Supporters for Change lad that now a major NUST player? the same Supporters for Change lad who argues strongly against protest at this point in time?

Does that not tell you something?

As I said, Pud, I could be completely wrong about my non-attendance at the matches, but my instinct tells me to stop giving Ashley any more of my money. In 20 years time I could well feel the same as that bloke you mention.

As for my stating the fact about sitting thousands of miles away, I felt I had to state that in order for folk to understand my position. If I hadn't, someone would have just as quickly come out with the line that it was easy for me, given my circumstances. I put it out with full understanding that I would have to take whatever criticism came my way. I'm quite happy to take the flak, because what matters far more is the debate about the future of NUFC rather than having a go at each other - that is addressed to one and all on messageboards everywhere btw.

Schopenhauer thought that one can have a tolerable life not by complete elimination of desire, since this would lead to boredom, but by becoming a detached observer of one's own will and being constantly aware that most of one's desires will remain unfulfilled.

The question you need to ask yourself is are you happy to desire success at Newcastle while knowing most of your desire will remain unfulfilled? Or do you see the route to a tolerable life as the complete elimination of that desire along with the inevitable boredom?

That's because most people in the UK are passive mugs. I know I am and I suspect you are too despite the hilarious bravado.

Thats why Ashleys still here tbf

I'm responsible for him not being able to find someone willing to meet his asking price? :D

Schopenhauer thought that one can have a tolerable life not by complete elimination of desire, since this would lead to boredom, but by becoming a detached observer of one's own will and being constantly aware that most of one's desires will remain unfulfilled.

The question you need to ask yourself is are you happy to desire success at Newcastle while knowing most of your desire will remain unfulfilled? Or do you see the route to a tolerable life as the complete elimination of that desire along with the inevitable boredom?

TS065.jpg

Shame on me. Thing is like, I haven't given him a penny, come to think of it, since May last year. I apologise for not having a crystal ball like.

I've refused to buy the new shirt. I'd like to buy one with no sponsorship on etc but have not found them on the net anywhere. Am I contributing to a downturn in the clubs income and therefore ability to invest? Possibly. But as a matter of principle I do not simply hand more money over to someone I firmly believe has fucked me over (on the purchase of a 3 year season ticket that I paid for in full up front.)

I am a member of the NUST and I carry on to watch with interest their direction. What I would not want to see is any knee-jerk reaction to recent "news". I would think discussion and then close scrutiny of further action by MA would be required before any decision was taken. Afterall, if a protest was mounted, a protest about what? What has actually happened to change anything? Is the club off the market? Is it bollocks, if he received a decent bid he would sell (his mother). What about the "investment", more bollocks, he is simply servicing the debt. What about the new manager? Doesnt change a thing. CH seems a decent bloke but no manager. He's a yes man unwilling to rock the boat. So is it just about the name change? Well, nothing has happened only a suggestion that he could do it. Tell you what though, any would be sponsor will be thinking very long and hard about taking such a step.

Northern Echo

CHRIS HUGHTON is eager to play down suggestions that Mike Ashley’s promised £20m investment in Newcastle United will strengthen the manager’s hand in the transfer market.

Confirmation that Hughton had agreed to become permanent manager on Tuesday night was accompanied by Ashley’s reassurance that he would personally sink £20m into the club’s coffers to help secure promotion this season.

But suggestions that Hughton will be handed a significant part of that sum to recruit new players has been denied by the manager who revealed that he expects the lions share of Ashley’s investment will be consumed by “normal running costs”, including player wages.

“The figures mentioned (£20m) are figures that would have had to be invested in the club anyway because of the normal running costs with a very high wage bill.

“That was expected anyway,”

noted the manager.

“I have been the told the club will, as much as possible, back me in my endeavours in the transfer market and in bringing in the right type of loan players. I will get support from the board.”

No surprises there for toon fans. Gasps of shock and amazement from non-toon fans.

TS065.jpg

The World as Will and Representation.

TS065.jpg

Is there any point in equivocating what for most people isn't a conscious choice? I bet Schopenhauer wasn't a happy drunk

This'll get taken personally but it shouldn't. It's fucking patronising beyond belief when people suggest they're more knowledgable simply because they're older. What absolute bollocks man.

My ex passed her driving test 5 years before I did and therefore claims she's a better driver but I'm not the one who drove into a fucking skip!!

:D

sammynb :

" Seriously there is no use targeting the club, the ground, the fat twat or his cronies. Pud said it a while ago, it just gives the cunt Ashley the opportunity to run to the media claiming fear for his life.

A while ago it was discussed, it's in a thread somewhere, the only way to get a message across to this mindless cunt is to target his pocket.

And the best way to do that is via his shops.

So what needs to be organised and it's relatively simple, is a mass removal of his store's merchandise to the street or forecourt in front of each store.

Target as many as possible simultaneously, don't steal or damage anything, just move as much stuff as you can outside and cause as much disruption to his retail outlets as possible.

Then release a statement, (call the action group the People's liberation front of Geordia - or something) claiming as long as Ashley continues to disrupt and mock the club, his retail outlets will suffer a similar fate.

There are 12 or so stores in the Newcastle-Boro-unwashed areas, easy pickings and it would send a message loud and clear.

By the way it wouldn't be hard, the tight twat only employs a skeleton staff. "

dbsweeney :

" A quick off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion:

* Try to organise a boycott of Direct Sports (soon to involve, I'm sure, Direct Sports' Stadium) stores:

* Simply implore people to shop elsewhere.

* A quiet protest in the front of shops telling people to please shop elsewhere. Do not in anyway actually hinder people's entry into the stores.

* Contacting the newspapers to tell them what NUFC supporters are doing (the above). So many of the papers love to report and go on about us Toon supporters, so they'd probably take up the cause. Get those that really care (e.g. Caulkin etc.) to take up the cause.

* Contact other media outlets (esp. things like podcasts and radio programs—those that full-on supporters are likely to be listening to) to simply mention the fact that SJP is going to be renamed. The more that are aware of it, the larger the potential supporter base.

* Now don't laugh at this bit: trying to get other clubs' supporters involved. e.g. Going to a MUFC supporters' board and telling them what we're doing. Tell them not to shop at Direct Sports. Tell them to imagine renaming Old Trafford. Yeah, sure .. many will give us stick, but some may pay attention.

* Contact the companies that currently advertise and/or own corporate boxes at St James' (Direct Sports' Stadium) Park and, very formally, ask them to please contact NUFC's marketing and sales department and suggest that they do not change the name. If any companies that you contact tell you to f**k off, say that'll you'll organise boycotting their shops/company etc too.

All just a suggestion and one that would require A LOT of organisation ... but spread the word around through NUSC, NUFC.com, True Faith, popular message boards and then try to focus everyone's attention to one particular website/spot that co-ordinates all of this.

What I have in mind is something that Liverpool supporters' did recently ... and achieved:

http://thenyckopites.blogspot.com/2009/05/...n-condemns.html

Yes, it's something completely different to whats happening to us ... but it does show that boycotting can work.

Do not:

- promote anything to do with violence or direct abuse at the vile man (the reasons why are obvious)

- draw the players' attention from what they have to do on the pitch—they do not need the distraction. As such, I would not boycott match day games.

Make it a co-ordinated and sustained boycott of things that effect him financially.

In anything to do with writing emails to media and companies, I'm more than prepared to help. "

This what sammynb & sweeney have said, and can we get things organised with things like this? Who on here is going to to do what of the above?

Edited by timnufc

Firstly, I am probably the least likely to do anything about this, but my 2p worth is that there has to be a demonstration of some kind, whether it peters out is not important, what is important is that people show some unity and some action - whatever guise that takes.

Firstly, I am probably the least likely to do anything about this, but my 2p worth is that there has to be a demonstration of some kind, whether it peters out is not important, what is important is that people show some unity and some action - whatever guise that takes.

Toon Ultras are organising a protest for after the Peterborough game.

TS065.jpg

Is there any point in equivocating what for most people isn't a conscious choice? I bet Schopenhauer wasn't a happy drunk

Manic depressive.

Inherited it from his pa.

Tried to read this thread a couple of times earlier this week but I couldn't get through it without wanting to break things, and I think I was scaring wor lass (who understands that this is a very bad thing, but doesn't quite get that it's a fucking knife through the heart.) Sat at work today and read it all.

The only reasonable option is boycott, in my opinion. We have tried the "fill the stadium and protest/act against Ashley" before and it has failed. Now we have to act with our backsides and our wallets (easy for me to say from over here, I know, but bear with me.)

No matter how much the team needs our support, if we continue to go to games, it doesn't matter what we say or do otherwise. He still collects and his position is secure. Personally I'd like to send 15k to the Peterborough game just to really scare the fat fucker. We have to hit him where it hurts and that is the pocketbook. He obviously doesn't care (and never has since the Keegan disaster) about anything we say or think, so protests, demonstrations, chants, etc. will mean nothing.

No, it has to be boycotts. It doesn't matter if you hate Ashley if you still keep buying his shitty embarassment of a strip.

Is there a compromise possible regarding boycott/going to the match? I remember when this issue was being discussed before that there was talk about filling the ground and then doing something while inside... turning your back to the pitch, remaining silent, staying after and protesting en masse...

Tried to read this thread a couple of times earlier this week but I couldn't get through it without wanting to break things, and I think I was scaring wor lass (who understands that this is a very bad thing, but doesn't quite get that it's a fucking knife through the heart.) Sat at work today and read it all.

The only reasonable option is boycott, in my opinion. We have tried the "fill the stadium and protest/act against Ashley" before and it has failed. Now we have to act with our backsides and our wallets (easy for me to say from over here, I know, but bear with me.)

No matter how much the team needs our support, if we continue to go to games, it doesn't matter what we say or do otherwise. He still collects and his position is secure. Personally I'd like to send 15k to the Peterborough game just to really scare the fat fucker. We have to hit him where it hurts and that is the pocketbook. He obviously doesn't care (and never has since the Keegan disaster) about anything we say or think, so protests, demonstrations, chants, etc. will mean nothing.

No, it has to be boycotts. It doesn't matter if you hate Ashley if you still keep buying his shitty embarassment of a strip.

I agree basically. But I think there is a point to any protests too, if done with enough punch: to let any brands out there thinking of sponsering SJP know how strong the feeling is, and to potentially warn them off.

But in terms of Ashley, I'd love to see a boycott, and I think the time has blatently came. Again though, it needs some organising. All while in hope that NUST will buy him out too.