NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Is there a compromise possible regarding boycott/going to the match? I remember when this issue was being discussed before that there was talk about filling the ground and then doing something while inside... turning your back to the pitch, remaining silent, staying after and protesting en masse...

No compromise ...boycott boycott boycott ...its the ONLY way.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Brighton which makes me horribly aware of how an owner can completely fuck a club if wants to. Brighton are still playing their home games on a school sports ground ffs. The only positive thing I can think of at the moment is he doesn't own the ground St James's is built on.

I would like to see a countrywide organised picket of Sports direct, and an unrelenting campaign of harrasment against his other businesses and anybody who does business with him.

Boycott.............. Toon fans don't seem to understand the meaning.......... Packed stadiums last season, new shirt sales, drinks and food and gambling inside the stadium almost back to what we've always had.......... highest gate in the CCC and not far off the best in the PL.

No wonder Arsehole had a smile on his face at the last home game, almost 44,000 and a vast number of the crowd shouting abuse at him, does the fat prick care, no because they were 44,000 paying into his big money pot.......... now that's a boycott!

As an OOT and non-regular match-goer, I think its clear that a Geoff is not going to happen until things get much worse. I don't think its fair for people who have spent money on tickets etc to be told not to go, plus i think as a club we're so close enough to the precipice without putting the team under more pressure by playing in front of fans baying for ashley blood/no fans/fans more interested in protesting.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts. I know thats the colour of them down the road (and have just remembered what my forum name is :D ), but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

Obviously if red is too much for some people, then it could be a different colour, but if all the stadium was in one colour it would be pretty damning. Now thats not going to send him running to the hills, but nothing realistic is.

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

As an OOT and non-regular match-goer, I think its clear that a Geoff is not going to happen until things get much worse. I don't think its fair for people who have spent money on tickets etc to be told not to go, plus i think as a club we're so close enough to the precipice without putting the team under more pressure by playing in front of fans baying for ashley blood/no fans/fans more interested in protesting.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts). I know thats the colour of them down the road, but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

Obviously if red is too much for some people, then it could be a different colour, but if all the stadium was in one colour it would be pretty damning. Now thats not going to send him running to the hills, but nothing realistic is.

I think that's a fucking great idea.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts). I know thats the colour of them down the road, but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

:D

I think that's a fucking great idea.

Nobody would do it, and even if they did it would be a complete waste of time.

I think the fat cunt couldn't give two shits what we wear or what we sing so long as we're making his wallet thicker.

Let's face it, a boycott is the only thing that will work, proof that we're so fed up of his involvement of the club that we're willing to sacrifice the support of the team to hit his takings. It's easy for me to say that as I'm not a regular, but as I say, I believe it's the only thing that could get him to leave. Not that I think it will happen.

Just a thought, I think this could be an opportunity for a forward thinking, switched on company, in a joint venture with NUST, to call the fat bastards bluff and make him an offer, (Publicised, of course), to buy the stadium naming rights. He'd then be fucked if he refused as the Company with a NUST contribution would have given him what he wanted, money. He'd be publicly embarrassed for refusing us.

If he accepted he'd also be publicly embarrased as the company and NUST could then claim the moral high ground and make a great show of presenting 'St. James' Park', paid and saved for by said company and our support, keeping our heritage. Either way, he'd be made to look a tit and as a body of support we'd show that we can 'put our money where our mouths were' which would put that little chestnut in its place for the little people at other, more jealous clubs.

Of course if the NUST has a need for the money and may be closer than we think to getting him out with a buy-out with or without outside help then by all means ignore my suggestion. It is just one of the ways we can put him under pressure. Boycotting his shops is just nowhere near enough.

Any action should be in conjunction with a one match total boycott, ST or no ST. It would send a powerful message to everybody, but ultimately, you're only as strong as your members, and if people bury their head in the sand and come out with the usual excuses, 'they don't speak for me', etc then the boycott part won't work. The publicised offer, on the other hand, wouldn't need a boycott......

Just a thought.

the backlash there has already been, it will be interesting to see if anyone comes forward.

If not, and I imagine he planned this as a fall back, it will be Sports Direct Arena.

the backlash there has already been, it will be interesting to see if anyone comes forward.

If not, and I imagine he planned this as a fall back, it will be Sports Direct Arena.

If he does do that at least it gives the fans an obvious focal point for a boycott - obviously too many people in the NE still support his business but hopefully something as crass as this may wake a few people up.

I wonder if this sort of advertising could be a tax swerver in some way?

If he did stoop to what would amount to a pretty goddamn low, and named it thus, I would luv it, LUV IT, if commentators around the world deliberately started taking the piss by 'accidentally' referring to it as the 'Direct Sports Arena' just to piss him off. LUV IT, I would. Over and over and over again "...Direct Sports Arena..", "...Direct Sports Arena...", "..Direct Sports Arena..." Now that would give me some sort of satisfaction, knowing that he was getting more and more pissed off at the lack of advertising of his company.

I wonder if this sort of advertising could be a tax swerver in some way?

If he did stoop to what would amount to a pretty goddamn low, and named it thus, I would luv it, LUV IT, if commentators around the world deliberately started taking the piss by 'accidentally' referring to it as the 'Direct Sports Arena' just to piss him off. LUV IT, I would. Over and over and over again "...Direct Sports Arena..", "...Direct Sports Arena...", "..Direct Sports Arena..." Now that would give me some sort of satisfaction, knowing that he was getting more and more pissed off at the lack of advertising of his company.

I'd rather they ignore it and continue saying St James Park tbh

Massive action is required from the fans to effect a change in all of this. And the only thing left is to boycott the matches. If you're paid up for the season or the next 3 then go, obviously. No sense cutting off your nose to spite your face.

But unless the fans do something, Mike Ashley will just think he can do whatever the fuck he likes - he thinks that anyway, but no one can tell me that when he walks through those double doors to his cushioned seat and looks out on an all but empty stadium that he won't feel his sphincter loosen. In his mind, the status quo is that he does whatever the fuck he likes, he takes the club off the market, he puts it back on, he takes it off again, he announces stadium name changes, he lies to the fans, he ditches managers, he appoints fuckwits.....and yet he KNOWS that next home game, he'll walk out to a nearly full ground, and the money will keep coming in from the fans.

People need to act to effect a change. If you're getting a ticket on the day, stop. Cancel direct debits. When your renewal comes through the door next season, rip it up and put it in the bin. I did it this year, and to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, you feel a bit of a sting, but it's just pride fucking with you. You'll feel better for knowing that you're not lining his pockets, and that you're doing something to make a change.

Unless there is massive action from the fans (ideally with a driving force behind it like the NUST), the status quo remains, and Ashley continues to keep his head above water and take the piss. And if the change that takes place is a negative one for the club, so be it. Something has to happen to force this bloke out, maintaining the current status quo is not an option - the only one it's benefiting is Mike Ashley. Stopping going to the match is literally all you have left.

Newcastle stadium name change: Goodbye St James' Park, hello adidas Arena

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastle’s famous St James’ Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies’ kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

And to win over unfavourable public opinion on Tyneside, adidas are considering naming one of the stands after Geordie legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It is understood that with Newcastle’s kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidas’s German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: “adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.”

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastle’s famous St James’ Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies’ kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

And to win over unfavourable public opinion on Tyneside, adidas are considering naming one of the stands after Geordie legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It is understood that with Newcastle’s kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidas’s German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: “adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.”

Scheisse!

Fick dich, Adidas!

More made up hogwash. "A German source..." :D:rolleyes:

If he doesn't sell the naming rights to SJP he will just sell Stephen Taylor in the winter, stating it's the fault of the fans who didn't want the name changed; the club needs finance etc etc etc, blame those among you, not me, waffle waffle lie lie.

If he doesn't sell the naming rights to SJP he will just sell Stephen Taylor in the winter, stating it's the fault of the fans who didn't want the name changed; the club needs finance etc etc etc, blame those among you, not me, waffle waffle lie lie.

It was Herr Kutt, the adidas company barber who gave the game away!

However, if true....

....I think adidas have made a total hash of our kit for the last few years and can't see them stumping up the money that the fat cretin will want for the right to make our shirt, (the contract ends this season), and also to sponsor the stadium. If it's true about the SBR stand* thing then I'm afraid they're barking up the wrong tree for me and trying to be clever with a deceased mans name is a pretty snidey thing to do to ease the disgrace their companies name will have here in Tyneside. Lets hope they have a re-think.

*In case we'd forgotten, we have a stand officially called the 'Sir John Hall' Stand. This is the Leazes end and the sooner it's officially got its name back the better. You'll occasionally hear someone say that they're in the Sir John Hall stand today and you can tell straight away that their NUFC allegiances and memories don't stretch beyond the mid-nineties. For me, there's only one stand that could be re-named and this is the East Stand and I'm afraid this name is spoken for in the shape of the Late Joe Harvey, you can't expect adidas or whoever to have the first clue about these things as they are not Newcastle United people with no idea of our club.

Are we going to have to rewrite classic songs too?

"Id brave the dark at the Adidas Arena for me mother saying hinny haway." doesnt really have the same ring to it like.

christ Im fucked if Ive not used the right howay/haway. :D

FYP

I still haven't heard anyone, press or public, come out in favour of this. They've all said pretty much the same; it'd be different if it was a new stadium, the money he'd get is a pittance, if he had put this "extra £20m" when we were in the Prem he'd not be in this position.

1 fucking point man :D

I still haven't heard anyone, press or public, come out in favour of this. They've all said pretty much the same; it'd be different if it was a new stadium, the money he'd get is a pittance, if he had put this "extra £20m" when we were in the Prem he'd not be in this position.

1 fucking point man :D

Bet a tenner he'd still be doing this though, Premiership would have just meant he'd get more for it.

To be honest if we were still in the premier league he'd have come out earlier to confirm he wasn't going to sell and we'd be pretty much in the same overall league position, just without the wins.