NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creep

Oooh stop it now ...youre scaring me : )

Did your mum give you some help in writing that response ? : )

Not at all, you boring old bastard : )

Oooh look readers ..his dads pitched in to help as well ... i hope your homework reads a lot better than this kiddo ..the economy is knackered for the next few years and you'll struggle to get a job as a toilet attendant with literacy skills as limited as this : )

Yes Jihad, just another one of your absurd assumptions.

Creep

Not at all, you boring old bastard : )

Oooh look readers ..his dads pitched in to help as well ... i hope your homework reads a lot better than this kiddo ..the economy is knackered for the next few years and you'll struggle to get a job as a toilet attendant with literacy skills as limited as this : )

Yes Jihad, just another one of your absurd assumptions.

You wont get a job as a male model either ..if that photos anything to go by ! : )

Creep

ok...if you want a sensible question from someone of roughly your own age, what do you think the effect on the football club in general and on Ashley in particular of a widespread crowd boycott (say crowds down to say around 20k,roughly the mid eighties average attendance) for the rest of this season and for all of next season?

He'd be gone like a fucking shot :nah:

Where would the club be if the fat bastard brass necks it till 2011 on those sort of attendances though?...that is just as likely an outcome of a boycott as him doing one...he's desperate to get his money back, as the last 48 hours have shown.

What does Ashley have to do to get the fans to take serious action???????

Dress the team in red and white?

Spunk on the crowd from his chopper??

Move the ground to Essex??????

Its astonishing but most of us would not put up with any sort of shit in our normal daily lives, but we put up with this.

The next time you find a maggot in your soup or a snot in your pizza......allow the poor owner the same courtesy you allow Ashley :nah:

CT ..he could do all of the above ...and he'd get a fuckin petition in response ...sadly ...

This'll get taken personally but it shouldn't. It's fucking patronising beyond belief when people suggest they're more knowledgable simply because they're older. What absolute bollocks man.

My ex passed her driving test 5 years before I did and therefore claims she's a better driver but I'm not the one who drove into a fucking skip!!

This'll get taken personally but it shouldn't. It's fucking patronising beyond belief when people suggest they're more knowledgable simply because they're older. What absolute bollocks man.

My ex passed her driving test 5 years before I did and therefore claims she's a better driver but I'm not the one who drove into a fucking skip!!

Sorry but... :nah:<_<

Imagining that made me burst out laughing.

Was she not just saying something about your car Craig? :nah:

Thankfully it was before I met her. What I find funnier is she always referred to it as a 'parked skip' - I guess that stands it aside from those you see driving around... <_<

Point were making here Craig ..is that weve seen this all before ..many fuckin times i might add ..so we tend to take the long term view of whats best for the club ..and have learned , through bitter experience ..not to get taken for mugs.

Might I suggest it's not age that's the reason? Plenty of your generation will disagree with you in much the same way that plenty of the younger generation may agree with you.

Point were making here Craig ..is that weve seen this all before ..many fuckin times i might add ..so we tend to take the long term view of whats best for the club ..and have learned , through bitter experience ..not to get taken for mugs.

when was the naming rights up for sale before???

Edited by ohhh_yeah

If any of the "older lads" (Ive just turned 40 btw) can explain to me how reducing the income of the club by mass boycott will get rid of a man who is desperate to squeeze as much as possible out of this club then Id be interested to hear it.

Reducing the clubs income now will give him even more excuse to sell the naming rights, theres no ifs and buts about it. He makes out we need x millions to survive, if by protest we then need x + y millions then he has the excuse he wants. It becomes our fault that the rights have been sold.

Reducing the income will result in the following:

Sale of players in January

No new players purchased

more staff cuts

potential relegation

naming rights sold

Now I know that points 1 and 2 are inevitable anyway but when the time comes he has no excuses, its not the fans fault its his.

People seem to think that because the NUST has not called for x protest to happen or hasnt organised anything substantial then its because we have no interest in doing so. Thats not the case, at least some of us do. There is no way that the ST will stand by and let that happen not without a damn big fight but at the same time (and I feel like Im just repeating myself here) we're not going to just rush out, rip up bedsheets and organise a march that only 200 people turn up for.

It wont happen because it would be political suicide and more importantly wouldnt gain the desired result. The plans would still go ahead but we wouldnt have a credible organisation to stand up for the next thing.

My view is that the ST will be doing whatever it can to stop this happening, there are however a number of avenues to be explored and its the sensible reasoned solution that will win the day. Boycoutt banners will attract SSN and the inevitable shit that goes with it. Marches with nobody turning up will pour more ridicule on the fans.

Enlisting the help of big names, finding out if theres any legal avenues, enlisting the help of football fans the country (if not the world) wide to ensure its made clear that any company taking this offer up will see their revenues drop etc are all more sensible and worthwhile. If not then we still have protest as the fall back option.

The simple fact of life is that theres no reason to rush out and protest today, hes stated that hes going to do this, its not done overnight, it will be months before anything is progressed (and if his recent form on the sale of the club is anything to go by then we dont need worry tbh).

On that logic, what harm is there in spending a few days exploring the options before making a decision?

If any of the "older lads" (Ive just turned 40 btw) can explain to me how reducing the income of the club by mass boycott will get rid of a man who is desperate to squeeze as much as possible out of this club then Id be interested to hear it.

Reducing the clubs income now will give him even more excuse to sell the naming rights, theres no ifs and buts about it. He makes out we need x millions to survive, if by protest we then need x + y millions then he has the excuse he wants. It becomes our fault that the rights have been sold.

Reducing the income will result in the following:

Sale of players in January

No new players purchased

more staff cuts

potential relegation

naming rights sold

Now I know that points 1 and 2 are inevitable anyway but when the time comes he has no excuses, its not the fans fault its his.

I agree to a large extent but would echo my first post on this thread - I'd "suffer" those consequences if it hastened his departure.

Again I see no point in getting promoted this year and would only see medium/long term progress building from the championship with a new owner.

PP We are long past the point that the man has any excuses ...waaay past ...Rush out and protest??? Since when did the 52 000 passive mugs do that? Youre better when youre proactive ..not reactive....

PS he will do all of the above come what may anyway ,dont you read the fuckin papers?? Read the Keegan judgement ...those fuckers systematically (including that cunt Mort )LIED to the fans , as a matter of course , as an expression of everything that they stand for ... Ashley and Co tell lies like other people breathe ..and its KILLING this club ...and you want to hang on and see ...GET FUCKIN REAL FFS !!!

The problem with some kind of protest is getting everyone to agree to it.

Use this place as a microcosm. Out of say 30-40 regular posters, some are for it, some against, some are reasoned, some are "knee jerks".

Trying to get 45,000 to agree to one course of action , and then doing it?

Dream on.