NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I know what you're trying to get at Howman, but Ashley said he'd accept a bid of £100m of £80m and when these have apparently been close he's reneged on them. If NUST and Big Banky Bollocks group made an offer for the rights, he wouldn't accept or even if he did collect the £6m, he sure as hell wouldn't suddenly feel a pang of shame stepping into the "Newcastle Fans deserve better" stadium and go on to sell the club

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive action is required from the fans to effect a change in all of this. And the only thing left is to boycott the matches. If you're paid up for the season or the next 3 then go, obviously. No sense cutting off your nose to spite your face.

But unless the fans do something, Mike Ashley will just think he can do whatever the fuck he likes - he thinks that anyway, but no one can tell me that when he walks through those double doors to his cushioned seat and looks out on an all but empty stadium that he won't feel his sphincter loosen. In his mind, the status quo is that he does whatever the fuck he likes, he takes the club off the market, he puts it back on, he takes it off again, he announces stadium name changes, he lies to the fans, he ditches managers, he appoints fuckwits.....and yet he KNOWS that next home game, he'll walk out to a nearly full ground, and the money will keep coming in from the fans.

People need to act to effect a change. If you're getting a ticket on the day, stop. Cancel direct debits. When your renewal comes through the door next season, rip it up and put it in the bin. I did it this year, and to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, you feel a bit of a sting, but it's just pride fucking with you. You'll feel better for knowing that you're not lining his pockets, and that you're doing something to make a change.

Unless there is massive action from the fans (ideally with a driving force behind it like the NUST), the status quo remains, and Ashley continues to keep his head above water and take the piss. And if the change that takes place is a negative one for the club, so be it. Something has to happen to force this bloke out, maintaining the current status quo is not an option - the only one it's benefiting is Mike Ashley. Stopping going to the match is literally all you have left.

It's for that reason alone that I reckon he came knocking on our door in the first place - seen how for generations we'd put up with shit, always in the boardroom and often on the pitch yet still we packed the place out.

A new approach is needed - quite what it is remains to be seen. It'd be better coming from a 'united' front which would ensure that we won't simply 'go away' when the press find something new to talk about.

But then again we still have to make a stand individually - how many of you can put your hand on your heart and say you've not put another penny Ashley's way since Keegan walked out? I don't include those of you who signed up for the 3 year deal - your transaction took place before and as Gemmill says, no sense in cutting your nose off to spite your face.

How many have bought something in a Sports Direct store in the last 14 months? How many have bought a programme, a pint, a pie, a mars bar, a geordie jackpot ticket or anything else from within the confinds of SJP over the same period? How many own any one of the current replica shirts? If you have, you've put cash in his pocket. If you want to affect Mike Ashley, that has to stop now. Money is all he knows about and yes, he'll try and sell the crown jewels but lets be honest, he's going to do that as well as take our cash, not in spite of it....

The man is so self-absorbed, he couldn't give a fuck who we are or what we represent. Nor will he stop selling our soul if we don't take action. Play nice and big Mikey will stop being so nasty? I don't fucking think so!

As I see it (and there's every chance I could be wrong - I put my hand up and say that I've never been to Newcastle upon Tyne) the only way to effectively coordinate and execute a mass shunning of a game (or series of games) would be to have the local media involved in advance - To have them spread the word amongst the general public (including the match going supporters) about an upcoming boycott of the chosen match (or matches). This would involve the Newspapers as well as television and radio media (and of course the internet). This will ensure that the message gets out there to everyone that matters. Secondly, there needs to be a clearly succinct message regarding the boycott and what it aims to achieve - in more words than "get rid of Ashley". To this end there needs to be a passionate yet logical face/voice spearheading the campaign (this is where the NUST, NUFC.com, TrueFaith etc come into play). Current season ticket holders should be encouraged to attend the match and support the players, but to not purchase anything at the ground (and perhaps even not to wear replica shirts).

It all needs to be intricately planned many weeks in advance. The media outlets should be contacted well in advance to ensure they understand the importance of the whole situation and also their integral roles in it. Perhaps some of the local media personalities who have spoken accurately about the situation (eg. George Caulkin) should be enlisted to add credence to the whole event. Maybe some sort of Carnival/Fair could be organised to coincide with the match, as an alternative. The whole idea/event should be promoted as being good natured and family friendly. It should not be billed as a protest or anything of that nature.

The key is that people do not send any money Ashley's way, and not that there is a protest to let him know that he's not wanted. He surely must already know that he's not wanted. That obviously does not bother him. All he cares about is the financial side of things, so that is precisely where he must be hit.

Edited by OzToonFan

Massive action is required from the fans to effect a change in all of this. And the only thing left is to boycott the matches. If you're paid up for the season or the next 3 then go, obviously. No sense cutting off your nose to spite your face.

But unless the fans do something, Mike Ashley will just think he can do whatever the fuck he likes - he thinks that anyway, but no one can tell me that when he walks through those double doors to his cushioned seat and looks out on an all but empty stadium that he won't feel his sphincter loosen. In his mind, the status quo is that he does whatever the fuck he likes, he takes the club off the market, he puts it back on, he takes it off again, he announces stadium name changes, he lies to the fans, he ditches managers, he appoints fuckwits.....and yet he KNOWS that next home game, he'll walk out to a nearly full ground, and the money will keep coming in from the fans.

People need to act to effect a change. If you're getting a ticket on the day, stop. Cancel direct debits. When your renewal comes through the door next season, rip it up and put it in the bin. I did it this year, and to paraphrase Marcellus Wallace, you feel a bit of a sting, but it's just pride fucking with you. You'll feel better for knowing that you're not lining his pockets, and that you're doing something to make a change.

Unless there is massive action from the fans (ideally with a driving force behind it like the NUST), the status quo remains, and Ashley continues to keep his head above water and take the piss. And if the change that takes place is a negative one for the club, so be it. Something has to happen to force this bloke out, maintaining the current status quo is not an option - the only one it's benefiting is Mike Ashley. Stopping going to the match is literally all you have left.

It's for that reason alone that I reckon he came knocking on our door in the first place - seen how for generations we'd put up with shit, always in the boardroom and often on the pitch yet still we packed the place out.

A new approach is needed - quite what it is remains to be seen. It'd be better coming from a 'united' front which would ensure that we won't simply 'go away' when the press find something new to talk about.

But then again we still have to make a stand individually - how many of you can put your hand on your heart and say you've not put another penny Ashley's way since Keegan walked out? I don't include those of you who signed up for the 3 year deal - your transaction took place before and as Gemmill says, no sense in cutting your nose off to spite your face.

How many have bought something in a Sports Direct store in the last 14 months? How many have bought a programme, a pint, a pie, a mars bar, a geordie jackpot ticket or anything else from within the confinds of SJP over the same period? How many own any one of the current replica shirts? If you have, you've put cash in his pocket. If you want to affect Mike Ashley, that has to stop now. Money is all he knows about and yes, he'll try and sell the crown jewels but lets be honest, he's going to do that as well as take our cash, not in spite of it....

The man is so self-absorbed, he couldn't give a fuck who we are or what we represent. Nor will he stop selling our soul if we don't take action. Play nice and big Mikey will stop being so nasty? I don't fucking think so!

THIS ; Personally , i havent bought anything , been to a match ( despite having bought the season ticket last season ) since Sir Kevin was constructively dismissed ... shame 44 000 others didnt think the same way , cos the FAT CUNT wouldve been long gone by now.

As I see it (and there's every chance I could be wrong - I put my hand up and say that I've never been to Newcastle upon Tyne) the only way to effectively coordinate and execute a mass shunning of a game (or series of games) would be to have the local media involved in advance - To have them spread the word amongst the general public (including the match going supporters) about an upcoming boycott of the chosen match (or matches). This would involve the Newspapers as well as television and radio media (and of course the internet). This will ensure that the message gets out there to everyone that matters. Secondly, there needs to be a clearly succinct message regarding the boycott and what it aims to achieve - in more words than "get rid of Ashley". To this end there needs to be a passionate yet logical face/voice spearheading the campaign (this is where the NUST, NUFC.com, TrueFaith etc come into play). Current season ticket holders should be encouraged to attend the match and support the players, but to not purchase anything at the ground (and perhaps even not to wear replica shirts).

It all needs to be intricately planned many weeks in advance. The media outlets should be contacted well in advance to ensure they understand the importance of the whole situation and also their integral roles in it. Perhaps some of the local media personalities who have spoken accurately about the situation (eg. George Caulkin) should be enlisted to add credence to the whole event. Maybe some sort of Carnival/Fair could be organised to coincide with the match, as an alternative. The whole idea/event should be promoted as being good natured and family friendly. It should not be billed as a protest or anything of that nature.

The key is that people do not send any money Ashley's way, and not that there is a protest to let him know that he's not wanted. He surely must already know that he's not wanted. That obviously does not bother him. All he cares about is the financial side of things, so that is precisely where he must be hit.

You are clearly a lover of brackets!

You are clearly a lover of brackets!

:D It's true. It allows me form ridiculously long disjointed sentences that are grammatically correct (at least I can convince myself that they are). Pretend it's like my inner monologue (or my way of making footnotes without the hassle).

At any length you've gone and ruined it all by uncovering me as a bracket fancier!

Edited by OzToonFan

THIS ; Personally , i havent bought anything , been to a match ( despite having bought the season ticket last season ) since Sir Kevin was constructively dismissed ... shame 44 000 others didnt think the same way , cos the FAT CUNT wouldve been long gone by now.

zero pence spent here, no pie, no pint, more importantly no replica shirt (although he did me a big favour with that banana shite, he then ruined it with the nice blue striped version), I now drink out of a Richer Sounds mug at work because my last toon one was broken. Only difference is that Ive used my ticket, three years paid for and personally I dont see how not going will hit him in the pocket. If its for the greater good, if I know that by not setting foot in the ground then those that buy match day tickets will not go then fair enough but personally I think that currently you not attending is a wasted protest. Hes got your cash, he doesnt care if you go or not. At least by going then the chorus of "get out of our club" will be that little bit louder.

Does the naming of the stadium have anything to do with the council who own the land the ground is on and have refused Newcastle United a few things in the past?

Tom_NUFC put a post in the petition thread which I think a lot of people missed. Theres stuff going on behind the scenes but it does appear that as far as the council are concerned then its not a case that Fat Man can sell the name off and reap the rewards. This is why we've been saying to take our time and not come out all guns blazing, if these things can be sorted without SSN doing their usual "call him a fat wanker" on one hand and then going "ooooooh dear, they called him a name" on the other then everyones a winner.

The basis of the belief is that the Freemen of the city own the land and have final say over anything such as name changes, any money made from that change would actually be owed to them and not fat man. The council have (I believe) already contacted fatty to let him know this fact.

Gawd Id love to be a fly on the wall when he opens that letter :D

Depends how many of that 44,000 bought into the three year deal. Considering that buying a season ticket each year is without question to most, having the opportunity to buy three years at a frozen price was too good a deal not to miss.

If you're in the 3 year deal however you might as well go - your lack of attendence won't mean shit to him, he's only arsed about those who buy match day tickets as that's his cash flow.

What would be interesting to see is how much cash is being taken at the food & drinks bars inside the ground and I presume it's possible to differentiate the takings from the away fans from the rest of the ground?

Does the naming of the stadium have anything to do with the council who own the land the ground is on and have refused Newcastle United a few things in the past?

Tom_NUFC put a post in the petition thread which I think a lot of people missed. Theres stuff going on behind the scenes but it does appear that as far as the council are concerned then its not a case that Fat Man can sell the name off and reap the rewards. This is why we've been saying to take our time and not come out all guns blazing, if these things can be sorted without SSN doing their usual "call him a fat wanker" on one hand and then going "ooooooh dear, they called him a name" on the other then everyones a winner.

The basis of the belief is that the Freemen of the city own the land and have final say over anything such as name changes, any money made from that change would actually be owed to them and not fat man. The council have (I believe) already contacted fatty to let him know this fact.

Gawd Id love to be a fly on the wall when he opens that letter :D

I hope so man.

Re: Council and the stadium, my understanding would be that the Council have very limited, to no power in this. Presumably all this would entail is Ashley putting up a logo of Tesco or whoever on the front of the building and inside the stadium, replacing the existing St James' Park.

If the Council/a.nother is the owner of the land, but NUFC is the tennant, surely all that is required for Ashley to do is submit a planning application for a display of an advertisement. New adverts do not need to be justified to the Council by the applicant - the application is the demonstration of 'need' in itself. The issue then becomes as to the scale and impact of it - if it's too big, out of character, too bright etc. If it simply replaces existing signage, there is very little the Council could do. I'm not sure what the powers of the 'landowner' are if they do not agree with the tenant, but I'd expect it would be covered in the tenancy contract where NUFC would be allowed to reasonably change signage.

I have no idea however how difficult it would be for him to change the name of the stadium officially, so that it is referred by the new name in the media, programme etc.

That's only my interpretation of things - i may be wrong.

Edited by GafferTape

Re: Council and the stadium, my understanding would be that the Council have very limited, to no power in this. Presumably all this would entail is Ashley putting up a logo of Tesco or whoever on the front of the building and inside the stadium, replacing the existing St James' Park.

If the Council/a.nother is the owner of the land, but NUFC is the tennant, surely all that is required for Ashley to do is submit a planning application for a display of an advertisement. New adverts do not need to be justified to the Council by the applicant - the application is the demonstration of 'need' in itself. The issue then becomes as to the scale and impact of it - if it's too big, out of character, too bright etc. If it simply replaces existing signage, there is very little the Council could do. I'm not sure what the powers of the 'landowner' are if they do not agree with the tenant, but I'd expect it would be covered in the tenancy contract where NUFC would be allowed to reasonably change signage.

I have no idea however how difficult it would be for him to change the name of the stadium officially, so that it is referred by the new name in the media, programme etc.

That's only my interpretation of things - i may be wrong.

Oh you'll be wrong, GT. Like the rest of us, you wouldn't be on this fuckin' board if you actually knew anything!!!

Adidas have distanced themselves from speculation linking them with the naming rights for St James' Park.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley announced controversial plans to rename the ground when he decided he no longer wanted to sell the Coca-Cola Championship club and took it off the market last week.

Adidas, who are already Newcastle's kit suppliers, were reported to be interested but a statement released by the company read: "Following media speculation regarding Newcastle United and the naming rights for St James' Park, adidas can confirm that it has not been offered the naming rights to the stadium and would not wish to take the rights if they were offered.

"Adidas remains committed to our on-pitch partnership with the club."

Good post Gemms. :huh:

Stadium name row reaches Commons

A Tyneside MP has tabled a Commons motion calling for Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley to reconsider selling the naming rights to St James' Park.

The plans, designed to maximise the club's commercial revenues, were announced last week.

But David Clelland, MP for Tyne Bridge, said the name had been "an integral part of the city since 1892".

He said the stadium was symbolic of the game and its supporters' loyalty. The club has declined to comment.

Mr Ashley's ownership of Newcastle, which he bought for £134m in 2007, has proved a turbulent period.

His popular decision to hire Kevin Keegan for a second spell as manager ended badly when Keegan walked out after eight months in a disagreement over transfers.

He was later awarded £2m damages at a constructive dismissal hearing.

The 2008 season finished with the Magpies being relegated from the Premier League.

Last week, Mr Ashley ended his attempt to sell the club when a deal with businessman Barry Moat fell through.

LLambias on SSN just now saying it'd be blahblahblah @ St James' Park, but then went on to say how the Gallowgate is called the Sports Direct Stand and they'd like to take that further and call it the Sports Direct.com @ St James' Park.

Now it wasn't clear to me if he meant a ) the stadium naming rights are the same as the stand naming rights, OR b ) they're going to call it the SportsDirect.com @ St James' Park

neither is acceptable in my eyes but the latter would be the biggest PR Disaster since, I don't know when.

NEWCASTLE United chief Derek Llambias has revealed the club's stadium will change its name to Sportsdirect.com@ St James’s Park for the rest of the season.

The Magpies' Managing Director said the club will change its name to demonastrate how the naming rights sell-off will work.

He said: "We are basically looking to explore and maximise our revenues.

"We have a great opportunity at the moment because our sponsorships are coming to an end.

"We have a kit sponsor, shirt sponsor and stadium rights sponsors.

"Our intention is to put a package together that would include the stadium rights which would include a jumbo screen which is great for the fans as well.

"Our intention is to have Sports Direct.Com@ St James's Park, we are never going to lose St James's Park.

"At the moment the Gallowgate End is Sports Direct.Com, we'd like to follow that through and take it for the rest of the season as a showcase as Sports Direct.Com@ St James' Park."

"We know the history, it is incredible and it is very passionate.

"There is an ownership to it and the history is wonderful, we are not trying take it away, we are just trying to add to the revenue to our club."

As of now it's SportsDirect.com @ St. James' Park?

If I ever get my hands on either Fat Boy or Disco Dekka it's going to be like the greenhouse scene in Scum, only with less pot plants and more violent bumrape :huh:

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but given the fans furore to date over proposed naming rights I really do believe that Llambias' latest "FCBschavtasticclobber@SJP" clarification is both a deliberate attempt to further wind-up the fans and might also turn out to be what ultimately happens when no other firms express an interest.

Part of me is wondering if this is some kind of tax swizz for fatboy

How would that work then? You set out to lose lots of money so you can claim a tax write off worth 50% of the resulting losses? By God is there no end to his fiendish cunning?

NEWCASTLE United chief Derek Llambias has revealed the club's stadium will change its name to Sportsdirect.com@ St James’s Park for the rest of the season.

The Magpies' Managing Director said the club will change its name to demonastrate how the naming rights sell-off will work.

He said: "We are basically looking to explore and maximise our revenues.

"We have a great opportunity at the moment because our sponsorships are coming to an end.

"We have a kit sponsor, shirt sponsor and stadium rights sponsors.

"Our intention is to put a package together that would include the stadium rights which would include a jumbo screen which is great for the fans as well.

"Our intention is to have Sports Direct.Com@ St James's Park, we are never going to lose St James's Park.

"At the moment the Gallowgate End is Sports Direct.Com, we'd like to follow that through and take it for the rest of the season as a showcase as Sports Direct.Com@ St James' Park."

"We know the history, it is incredible and it is very passionate.

"There is an ownership to it and the history is wonderful, we are not trying take it away, we are just trying to add to the revenue to our club."

As of now it's SportsDirect.com @ St. James' Park?

If I ever get my hands on either Fat Boy or Disco Dekka it's going to be like the greenhouse scene in Scum, only with less pot plants and more violent bumrape :nufc:

:huh: "Had enough, or d'you want some more?"

This new name's not very snappy is it?

Might as well call it the "Buy one get one free never to be repeated offer only a few days left of closing down sale from Sportsdirect.com@St James Park