NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Schopenhauer thought that one can have a tolerable life not by complete elimination of desire, since this would lead to boredom, but by becoming a detached observer of one's own will and being constantly aware that most of one's desires will remain unfulfilled.

The question you need to ask yourself is are you happy to desire success at Newcastle while knowing most of your desire will remain unfulfilled? Or do you see the route to a tolerable life as the complete elimination of that desire along with the inevitable boredom?

TS065.jpg

The World as Will and Representation.

Is there any point in equivocating what for most people isn't a conscious choice? I bet Schopenhauer wasn't a happy drunk

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This'll get taken personally but it shouldn't. It's fucking patronising beyond belief when people suggest they're more knowledgable simply because they're older. What absolute bollocks man.

My ex passed her driving test 5 years before I did and therefore claims she's a better driver but I'm not the one who drove into a fucking skip!!

:D

sammynb :

" Seriously there is no use targeting the club, the ground, the fat twat or his cronies. Pud said it a while ago, it just gives the cunt Ashley the opportunity to run to the media claiming fear for his life.

A while ago it was discussed, it's in a thread somewhere, the only way to get a message across to this mindless cunt is to target his pocket.

And the best way to do that is via his shops.

So what needs to be organised and it's relatively simple, is a mass removal of his store's merchandise to the street or forecourt in front of each store.

Target as many as possible simultaneously, don't steal or damage anything, just move as much stuff as you can outside and cause as much disruption to his retail outlets as possible.

Then release a statement, (call the action group the People's liberation front of Geordia - or something) claiming as long as Ashley continues to disrupt and mock the club, his retail outlets will suffer a similar fate.

There are 12 or so stores in the Newcastle-Boro-unwashed areas, easy pickings and it would send a message loud and clear.

By the way it wouldn't be hard, the tight twat only employs a skeleton staff. "

dbsweeney :

" A quick off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion:

* Try to organise a boycott of Direct Sports (soon to involve, I'm sure, Direct Sports' Stadium) stores:

* Simply implore people to shop elsewhere.

* A quiet protest in the front of shops telling people to please shop elsewhere. Do not in anyway actually hinder people's entry into the stores.

* Contacting the newspapers to tell them what NUFC supporters are doing (the above). So many of the papers love to report and go on about us Toon supporters, so they'd probably take up the cause. Get those that really care (e.g. Caulkin etc.) to take up the cause.

* Contact other media outlets (esp. things like podcasts and radio programs—those that full-on supporters are likely to be listening to) to simply mention the fact that SJP is going to be renamed. The more that are aware of it, the larger the potential supporter base.

* Now don't laugh at this bit: trying to get other clubs' supporters involved. e.g. Going to a MUFC supporters' board and telling them what we're doing. Tell them not to shop at Direct Sports. Tell them to imagine renaming Old Trafford. Yeah, sure .. many will give us stick, but some may pay attention.

* Contact the companies that currently advertise and/or own corporate boxes at St James' (Direct Sports' Stadium) Park and, very formally, ask them to please contact NUFC's marketing and sales department and suggest that they do not change the name. If any companies that you contact tell you to f**k off, say that'll you'll organise boycotting their shops/company etc too.

All just a suggestion and one that would require A LOT of organisation ... but spread the word around through NUSC, NUFC.com, True Faith, popular message boards and then try to focus everyone's attention to one particular website/spot that co-ordinates all of this.

What I have in mind is something that Liverpool supporters' did recently ... and achieved:

http://thenyckopites.blogspot.com/2009/05/...n-condemns.html

Yes, it's something completely different to whats happening to us ... but it does show that boycotting can work.

Do not:

- promote anything to do with violence or direct abuse at the vile man (the reasons why are obvious)

- draw the players' attention from what they have to do on the pitch—they do not need the distraction. As such, I would not boycott match day games.

Make it a co-ordinated and sustained boycott of things that effect him financially.

In anything to do with writing emails to media and companies, I'm more than prepared to help. "

This what sammynb & sweeney have said, and can we get things organised with things like this? Who on here is going to to do what of the above?

Edited by timnufc

Firstly, I am probably the least likely to do anything about this, but my 2p worth is that there has to be a demonstration of some kind, whether it peters out is not important, what is important is that people show some unity and some action - whatever guise that takes.

Firstly, I am probably the least likely to do anything about this, but my 2p worth is that there has to be a demonstration of some kind, whether it peters out is not important, what is important is that people show some unity and some action - whatever guise that takes.

Toon Ultras are organising a protest for after the Peterborough game.

Schopenhauer thought that one can have a tolerable life not by complete elimination of desire, since this would lead to boredom, but by becoming a detached observer of one's own will and being constantly aware that most of one's desires will remain unfulfilled.

The question you need to ask yourself is are you happy to desire success at Newcastle while knowing most of your desire will remain unfulfilled? Or do you see the route to a tolerable life as the complete elimination of that desire along with the inevitable boredom?

TS065.jpg

The World as Will and Representation.

Is there any point in equivocating what for most people isn't a conscious choice? I bet Schopenhauer wasn't a happy drunk

Manic depressive.

Inherited it from his pa.

"The People's Front of Geordia"

356463182_4bdf1a6db7_o.jpg

I love this one. Those of us who find NUST to soft should form this group, dress in that style and march to the ground chanting "welease wodger, welease wodger".

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Geordean People's Front?

Reg: Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Geordea

Reg: All right, but apart from the New Stadium, Excellent training facilities,Champions League football, Got us in the Goal film, Backed all of his managers with money and bought Michael Owen what has the Shepherd ever done for us?

Alan: I am NOT the Messiah!

Arthur: I say you are, and I should know. I've followed a few

Reg: If you want to join the People's Front of Geordea, you have to really hate Ashley.

Brian: I do!

Reg: Oh yeah, how much?

Brian: A lot!

Reg: Right, you're in.

Tried to read this thread a couple of times earlier this week but I couldn't get through it without wanting to break things, and I think I was scaring wor lass (who understands that this is a very bad thing, but doesn't quite get that it's a fucking knife through the heart.) Sat at work today and read it all.

The only reasonable option is boycott, in my opinion. We have tried the "fill the stadium and protest/act against Ashley" before and it has failed. Now we have to act with our backsides and our wallets (easy for me to say from over here, I know, but bear with me.)

No matter how much the team needs our support, if we continue to go to games, it doesn't matter what we say or do otherwise. He still collects and his position is secure. Personally I'd like to send 15k to the Peterborough game just to really scare the fat fucker. We have to hit him where it hurts and that is the pocketbook. He obviously doesn't care (and never has since the Keegan disaster) about anything we say or think, so protests, demonstrations, chants, etc. will mean nothing.

No, it has to be boycotts. It doesn't matter if you hate Ashley if you still keep buying his shitty embarassment of a strip.

Is there a compromise possible regarding boycott/going to the match? I remember when this issue was being discussed before that there was talk about filling the ground and then doing something while inside... turning your back to the pitch, remaining silent, staying after and protesting en masse...

Tried to read this thread a couple of times earlier this week but I couldn't get through it without wanting to break things, and I think I was scaring wor lass (who understands that this is a very bad thing, but doesn't quite get that it's a fucking knife through the heart.) Sat at work today and read it all.

The only reasonable option is boycott, in my opinion. We have tried the "fill the stadium and protest/act against Ashley" before and it has failed. Now we have to act with our backsides and our wallets (easy for me to say from over here, I know, but bear with me.)

No matter how much the team needs our support, if we continue to go to games, it doesn't matter what we say or do otherwise. He still collects and his position is secure. Personally I'd like to send 15k to the Peterborough game just to really scare the fat fucker. We have to hit him where it hurts and that is the pocketbook. He obviously doesn't care (and never has since the Keegan disaster) about anything we say or think, so protests, demonstrations, chants, etc. will mean nothing.

No, it has to be boycotts. It doesn't matter if you hate Ashley if you still keep buying his shitty embarassment of a strip.

I agree basically. But I think there is a point to any protests too, if done with enough punch: to let any brands out there thinking of sponsering SJP know how strong the feeling is, and to potentially warn them off.

But in terms of Ashley, I'd love to see a boycott, and I think the time has blatently came. Again though, it needs some organising. All while in hope that NUST will buy him out too.

Is there a compromise possible regarding boycott/going to the match? I remember when this issue was being discussed before that there was talk about filling the ground and then doing something while inside... turning your back to the pitch, remaining silent, staying after and protesting en masse...

No compromise ...boycott boycott boycott ...its the ONLY way.

I live in Brighton which makes me horribly aware of how an owner can completely fuck a club if wants to. Brighton are still playing their home games on a school sports ground ffs. The only positive thing I can think of at the moment is he doesn't own the ground St James's is built on.

I would like to see a countrywide organised picket of Sports direct, and an unrelenting campaign of harrasment against his other businesses and anybody who does business with him.

Boycott.............. Toon fans don't seem to understand the meaning.......... Packed stadiums last season, new shirt sales, drinks and food and gambling inside the stadium almost back to what we've always had.......... highest gate in the CCC and not far off the best in the PL.

No wonder Arsehole had a smile on his face at the last home game, almost 44,000 and a vast number of the crowd shouting abuse at him, does the fat prick care, no because they were 44,000 paying into his big money pot.......... now that's a boycott!

As an OOT and non-regular match-goer, I think its clear that a Geoff is not going to happen until things get much worse. I don't think its fair for people who have spent money on tickets etc to be told not to go, plus i think as a club we're so close enough to the precipice without putting the team under more pressure by playing in front of fans baying for ashley blood/no fans/fans more interested in protesting.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts. I know thats the colour of them down the road (and have just remembered what my forum name is :D ), but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

Obviously if red is too much for some people, then it could be a different colour, but if all the stadium was in one colour it would be pretty damning. Now thats not going to send him running to the hills, but nothing realistic is.

Edited by Neville Neville Neville
As an OOT and non-regular match-goer, I think its clear that a Geoff is not going to happen until things get much worse. I don't think its fair for people who have spent money on tickets etc to be told not to go, plus i think as a club we're so close enough to the precipice without putting the team under more pressure by playing in front of fans baying for ashley blood/no fans/fans more interested in protesting.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts). I know thats the colour of them down the road, but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

Obviously if red is too much for some people, then it could be a different colour, but if all the stadium was in one colour it would be pretty damning. Now thats not going to send him running to the hills, but nothing realistic is.

I think that's a fucking great idea.

What I think strikes a good balance would be to pick a televised game in advance, and orchestrate/organise a campaign that picks a home game with a "ban" on replica shirts. Make the press aware that the theme is e.g. St James' Park gives Ashley the red card, and everyone (and I mean close to everyone) turns up wearing plain red shirts). I know thats the colour of them down the road, but I think the visual effect of St James' as a sea of red, and the fact that we'd rather wear red than wear stuff associated with ashley would be a pretty powerful statement. But, the rest of the day goes on as normal, cheering on the team, etc, having a good day out with your mates watching the footy. No cockney mafia rubbish

:D

I think that's a fucking great idea.

Nobody would do it, and even if they did it would be a complete waste of time.

I think the fat cunt couldn't give two shits what we wear or what we sing so long as we're making his wallet thicker.

Let's face it, a boycott is the only thing that will work, proof that we're so fed up of his involvement of the club that we're willing to sacrifice the support of the team to hit his takings. It's easy for me to say that as I'm not a regular, but as I say, I believe it's the only thing that could get him to leave. Not that I think it will happen.

Just a thought, I think this could be an opportunity for a forward thinking, switched on company, in a joint venture with NUST, to call the fat bastards bluff and make him an offer, (Publicised, of course), to buy the stadium naming rights. He'd then be fucked if he refused as the Company with a NUST contribution would have given him what he wanted, money. He'd be publicly embarrassed for refusing us.

If he accepted he'd also be publicly embarrased as the company and NUST could then claim the moral high ground and make a great show of presenting 'St. James' Park', paid and saved for by said company and our support, keeping our heritage. Either way, he'd be made to look a tit and as a body of support we'd show that we can 'put our money where our mouths were' which would put that little chestnut in its place for the little people at other, more jealous clubs.

Of course if the NUST has a need for the money and may be closer than we think to getting him out with a buy-out with or without outside help then by all means ignore my suggestion. It is just one of the ways we can put him under pressure. Boycotting his shops is just nowhere near enough.

Any action should be in conjunction with a one match total boycott, ST or no ST. It would send a powerful message to everybody, but ultimately, you're only as strong as your members, and if people bury their head in the sand and come out with the usual excuses, 'they don't speak for me', etc then the boycott part won't work. The publicised offer, on the other hand, wouldn't need a boycott......

Just a thought.

the backlash there has already been, it will be interesting to see if anyone comes forward.

If not, and I imagine he planned this as a fall back, it will be Sports Direct Arena.

If he does do that at least it gives the fans an obvious focal point for a boycott - obviously too many people in the NE still support his business but hopefully something as crass as this may wake a few people up.