Save St James Petition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever seen anywhere an occurrence where a petition at petitiononline.com has convinced anyone in a position of power to even partially reconsider for a moment any aspect of the matter being petitioned?

If you can provide a link to that case, I'll gladly go and sign.

I hate these things almost as much as the "Facebook group against paedophiles". <_<

http://www.petitiononline.com/stories.html

Dont quiblle, get signing <_<

I'm not one to quibble, but the website themselves claiming their petitions had an impact isn't necessarilly evidence of their petitions having an effect. Anyone can start a petition for something that was always likely to happen anyway. :nah:

Has anyone ever seen anywhere an occurrence where a petition at petitiononline.com has convinced anyone in a position of power to even partially reconsider for a moment any aspect of the matter being petitioned?

If you can provide a link to that case, I'll gladly go and sign.

I hate these things almost as much as the "Facebook group against paedophiles". :rolleyes:

http://www.petitiononline.com/stories.html

Dont quiblle, get signing <_<

I'm not one to quibble, but the website themselves claiming their petitions had an impact isn't necessarilly evidence of their petitions having an effect. Anyone can start a petition for something that was always likely to happen anyway. :nah:

Wriggle Wriggle

Teen Fights for Right to Wear Kilt

22/12/2005

JACKSON, Mo. — Nathan Warmack wanted to honor his heritage by wearing a Scottish kilt to his high school dance. Then a principal told him to change into a pair of pants.

What began with a few yards of tartan has sparked an international debate about freedom, symbols and cultural dress. More than 11,600 people have signed an Internet petition seeking an apology for the high school senior.

Scots in the United States are assembling a traditional ensemble they hope the student will wear to the prom, and his family is trying to change the school's dress code policy.

<_<:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::D

13/01/2006

US student wins right to wear kilt at high school

IN A victory for kilt-lovers everywhere, a Missouri student who was told to change

out of his kilt at a high school dance is now being allowed to wear it to future

functions.

051222_kilt_vmed_3a.widec.jpg

Come on, just sign the fucker <_<

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastle’s famous St James’ Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies’ kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

And to win over unfavourable public opinion on Tyneside, adidas are considering naming one of the stands after Geordie legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It is understood that with Newcastle’s kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidas’s German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: “adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.”

I'm hearing that he might have problems as it would appear that the freemen of the city own the name and if they gave permission, it would be they who would get any revenue from naming rights, not Ashley.