The Guitar Thread

Tom

Does anybody on here play the piano/keyboard? (wasn't worth it's own thread)

I do, but I haven't been in the market anything like that for about 20 years so can't really help a great deal. :unsure:

In all seriousness Tom, don't worry about a piano unless you are able to house an actual piano.

Go find yourself one of the following (and if you find more than one let me know so I can get you to ship it here):

Vox Continental

Vox Super Continental

Vox Jaguar

Farfisa organ/Keyboard

All organs, all amazing and worth the effort.

How long is it since you last saw your organ?

Hey, I know I've piled on a few pounds... :razz: Honestly though, I've not played a note on that bloody keyboard since I lived in Germany but I still can't bring myself to chuck it out. It's a hard life being a hoarder. :(

Does anybody on here play the piano/keyboard? (wasn't worth it's own thread)

I'm after an electric piano - I've got about £150 in the budget I reckon. I can do the basics - triad chords and a tiny bit of lead so I can get through some songs but I'm after learning a bit more so I don't have to concentrate as much when I'm playing - i.e I can enjoy it more.

I don't need a million sounds - Grand piano, upright & a rhodes would have me sorted.

Saw this and thought of you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Digital-Piano-Matching-Wooden-Stand-Stool-Extras-NO-RESERVE-/200880682931?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item2ec56bf7b3

Desperate for a piano at the moment, these dark nights are doing my head in & every now & then I get bored of the guitar.

Should be moving house soon anyway, so I'll have myself a music room. :alex:

• 3 weeks later...

well I'm Les Paul-less for possibly up to three weeks :(

Something in the electronics has gone and, since its still under warranty, back to Gibson it has gone.

• 1 month later...

I've been itching for some guitar gear.

I've bid for a Wah - failed & I've come up short on a Gibson Midtown Custom - some blokes selling it for £700 - I can only make £300 right now as im saving so offered an amp trade to no avail.

Just anything, Currently my level of effects is revevb & fuzz - which don't go together at all. Orange amp is going through the phase where it bores me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I never seen this post - that Telecaster looks lush Tom!

Anyway I wanted to test how well my iphone camera recorded so err...this is how well it records.

:up:

I use it sometimes! Still a cracking amp but I've been using the Fender for a good few months now. (I tend to go in spells, same with guitars)

The Orange doesn't have a reverb tank or an effects loop and when I'm in reverby moods I tend to leave it be. Mainly just play heavy stuff on it or muse whereas the fender is a bit more relaxed!