The Guitar Thread

Tom

What's up with the old guitar Jordan? Totally knacked?

I'm enjoying this Fhole mod - the guitar is shiny but the vinyl is matte so it looks like real f hole if your about 3 metres away B)

What's up with the old guitar Jordan? Totally knacked?

I'm enjoying this Fhole mod - the guitar is shiny but the vinyl is matte so it looks like real f hole if your about 3 metres away B)

Aye, one of the tuning pegs is fucked and the rest of the strings don't stay in tune for longer than 3 minutes. Dropped the thing when I was pissed, didn't I ffs. Still not got round to buying a new one yet, my mate left his at mine for a night when he was moving house so I was messing about.

You can get new tuning pegs easily enough but it depends on the guitar really. They're easy enough to replace if you have a generic guitar. So I would replace the pegs & string it fresh - unless you've totally knacked it mind.

In other news I've ordered neon yellow glow in the dark strings for my Ibanez....

You can get new tuning pegs easily enough but it depends on the guitar really. They're easy enough to replace if you have a generic guitar. So I would replace the pegs & string it fresh - unless you've totally knacked it mind.

In other news I've ordered neon yellow glow in the dark strings for my Ibanez....

Aye, it's more than just the pegs, I just can't explain it very well. The expert analysis was "it's fucked"

New pick of my Ibby (no vinyl f-hole yet :wink2:)

Ibby.jpg

Here's the Loar with big brother (too lazy to pull the acoustics out for a family photo)

IbbyMando.jpg

Someday I need to record a clip of the mando, it has pretty good tone.

Aye, it's more than just the pegs, I just can't explain it very well. The expert analysis was "it's fucked"

I've been there before :lol:

New pick of my Ibby (no vinyl f-hole yet :wink2:)

Ibby.jpg

Here's the Loar with big brother (too lazy to pull the acoustics out for a family photo)

IbbyMando.jpg

Someday I need to record a clip of the mando, it has pretty good tone.

Nice :up:

">

• 2 months later...

I'd say electric but it's cheating a bit. You're probably best getting a nylon strung acoustic & going from there. Gradually getting on to steel strings etc etc.

Over the moon with this so far. I've only had a quick blast on it but so far it's very nice. The construction & finish are flawless, it's not too heavy - about the same as a strat but everything feels heavy after playing the thinline telecaster for a few months.

The combination of mahogany (body) and rosewood (neck) give the guitar a nice natural sustain which is enhanced by the P90 pickups which wail - and I haven't had it through a proper drive pedal yet. First guitar I've bought with P90s but it's certainly not the last.

The neck is lovely and the scale is short - which is weird because the body on a Jaguar always feels massive. It's a nice guitar to have.

I bought it to sell after seeing it criminally under priced on gumtree. It's evidently brand new & has never been played - perhaps once or twice but no more. So I got it boxed and 'new' for £180 which is fucking unreal. You can't even get a Squire Jaguar for under £250 and although these models are selling reasonably cheap now it's a discontinued style of Jaguar - which means I can probably double my money in 6 months.

However it's fucking class so I'm keeping it. Literally couldn't pass it up.

Aye it's a nice guitar. Cheap or not.

The short scale takes some getting used to but because of the neck you can get some great bends/vibrato lower down the neck. There's not really a 'dusty' end.

Also it sounds absolutely superb for Slide guitar too. I'm going to be on the lookout for more of the series i.e the 'Fender Modern Players' because I think there's some quality bargains to be had in the second hand market.