The Guitar Thread

Tom

On 1/20/2018 at 09:16, Andrew said:

They don’t make those for people like me

FYI Andrew I think Fenders in NZ are shipped from Fender Aust, which means only Strats and Teles for lefties in Squiers; Strats, Teles and the Kurt Cobain Jag in standard Fenders.

But shipping between Aust and NZ isn't ridiculous cost wise and I think (but you should double check) NZ is like here and you can ship things in and not pay tax (import duties) if they are under $1000.

Happy to help organise something to be shipped across the ditch if you find a bargain on gumtree or ebay.

• Like 1

I reckon it would sound great played properly. Needs to be a bit subtler & get the pitch correct - that with the "magic" in the background sounds fun :lol: 

It works on the offsets or the lighter coloured strats but its a bit heavy on a telecaster.

Also I wouldn't be fond of two humbuckers on a standard telecaster.

Bareknuckle have announced a new pickup range that I really like the idea of.

They're only sold in sets; Humbuckers, Strat, Tele or P90s that come in three flavours "Old Guard, True Grit and Bruteforce" so a vintage, heavy rock and modern metal pickup.

Having been looking at the vast array of pickups available lately, expecting to want to upgrade either my new Tele or my Ibanez that is really welcome because there are a fuck load of pickups out there.

Aye these look like a really good idea. I'm upgrading my strat pickups at some point later in the year. I'd been intending to go for Bareknuckle Mother's Milks but I might have a look at these as well. 

It's Bareknuckles I've got on the Jag and they sound great. 

Well I was on originally thinking about the rainbow machine till I realised it only seems to kick out dissonance and there's no room for actual music, or you've got to work hard for it.

This seems a little more musical as well as being just as batshit.