The Guitar Thread

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling the same. Still looking at pedals...oh and Japanese Squiers...and amps.

Bad Stone Phaser 

Earthquaker Data Corrupter 

are the two on the :scratchchin: pedal list 

Rabea Massaad has put out an EP(free) of various tracks he's written for gear demos and what-have-you. Its a good riffy half an hour or so, worth a listen.

• Like 1

No idea :lol:

I've watched a few videos and all of them basically said just work it out yourself. Even if you dial something in the pedal is apparently mad enough just to go off on one.

Cant wait to -

A. learn how to play it 

B. Put it through the looper 

:icon_lol: 

Its about the maddest pedal I've ever played. There are some modes where it will only sound mad as fuck.

Sometimes you can put it back to settings you had before and it'll sound different because you dialled them in a different order. That and the oscillator does what it wants.

Yeh they're a pack of arseholes like. The service is unbelievably bad. I've shown Guitar Guitar the pictures and basically said whilst I'll continue to use guitar guitar I'll pick up in store rather than go through DPD again.

The boxes for both the pedals are utterly fucked but the pedals are unharmed. I suppose they're built to be stamped on.

Well the earthquakers "on" is quite delicate I suppose but the box is tough.

I've managed to get a cut in the webbingy-bit between my thumb and index finger whilst finishing off my piano project last night, which is annoying as fuck to feel stretching and rubbing if I play.

Scott will enjoy this.

I have an opportunity to buy either a cheap Johnny Marr Jaguar in black or an American made 50th Anniversary thin skin Jaguar in burgundy, both are secondhand.

Thing is my preference is to buy/build black guitars but I prefer the block and binding neck which the 50th Anniversary has (as well as the original bridge and standard pickups which I also prefer).

But the Marr is blacker than satan's heart.

They both the same price and I can't afford both, before anyone suggests that.

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

I've managed to get a cut in the webbingy-bit between my thumb and index finger whilst finishing off my piano project last night, which is annoying as fuck to feel stretching and rubbing if I play.

That doesn't sound very nice :sick: 

The piano bar sounds amazing though :lol: 

On 13/02/2018 at 10:43, sammynb said:

Scott will enjoy this.

I have an opportunity to buy either a cheap Johnny Marr Jaguar in black or an American made 50th Anniversary thin skin Jaguar in burgundy, both are secondhand.

Thing is my preference is to buy/build black guitars but I prefer the block and binding neck which the 50th Anniversary has (as well as the original bridge and standard pickups which I also prefer).

But the Marr is blacker than satan's heart.

They both the same price and I can't afford both, before anyone suggests that.

Bear in mind you'll need to replace the bridge on the Marr Jag. :razz: