The Guitar Thread

Tom

On 1/25/2018 at 18:53, Andrew said:

NEW SQUIERS!

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/squier/?InStockOnly=False&MaxPrice=&MinPrice=&ClearanceType=&Ordering=2

The "contemporary" range. I like that Tele...a lot!

So guess whats now showing as "in stock" and deliverable on saturday on the GG website...

Yeah I've bought one.

Yeh that would be good! Always nice to have a pair...even though they're at different ends of the scale. I'd bet you have just as much fun on the Squier! 

Here it is.....he wants £900 for it but I'm a little skint at the moment. They're quite rare though so it might be worth making the effort for.

Yeh it's a one trick pony and you need to know how to do the trick :lol:

Im going to make my mind up in the next few days. It's probably best to leave it but I'm a big green day fan and the guitar, case etc looks awesome.

Plus it's not really going to be worth any less in a few years time or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh it's a one trick pony and you need to know how to do the trick :lol:

Im going to make my mind up in the next few days. It's probably best to leave it but I'm a big green day fan and the guitar, case etc looks awesome.

Plus it's not really going to be worth any less in a few years time or whatever.

That's the kicker, if you basically can't lose money on it then, assuming you can still put food on the table its perhaps worth a go.

• Like 1

I think I'd definitely have to sell a guitar or two but that's not the end of the world & it's as much about space as anything else.

I can't remember the last time I counted tbh :lol: 

Question for everyone, I think I know the answer but want a second opinion.

If I turn up my current rig a bit the bass starts to get a bit mental, I think it's because the speaker is sat on the floor rather than being on a stand or raised up. Am I right?

That LP appears to be sold and now I hate myself for hesitating :sick:. Ah well there'll be another some day.

Hmm it's not really a problem I have...and generally my amps are on the floor apart from one that sits on its flightcase.

Also it's hard to work out as I've never used a Helix + PA Set up. Technologic.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

That LP appears to be sold and now I hate myself for hesitating :sick:. Ah well there'll be another some day.

Hmm it's not really a problem I have...and generally my amps are on the floor apart from one that sits on its flightcase.

Also it's hard to work out as I've never used a Helix + PA Set up. Technologic.

It's ok, you'll get through this and buy something else and it'll be delightful.

I think that's the difference, amp cabs are built to be on the floor generally whilst I don't think this is.

Well I've decided I'm going to try and track one down eventually because I've wanted one since they were released. At the time I wasn't paying £1700 for one though - that was pretty offensive for a Green Day signature guitar at the time. £800-1000 seems fair.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a decent tripod quite cheap or whatever PAs use. It might have something to do with the size of the speaker too!

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well I've decided I'm going to try and track one down eventually because I've wanted one since they were released. At the time I wasn't paying £1700 for one though - that was pretty offensive for a Green Day signature guitar at the time. £800-1000 seems fair.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a decent tripod quite cheap or whatever PAs use. It might have something to do with the size of the speaker too!

Aye that much would be a pisstake.

I'm not of the mind that more expensive guitars have to have more features but a static tailpiece single P90 les paul should be nowhere near that.

Its a H90 apparently :lol: 

They're smart looking guitars & the case is awesome too. (Leopard print interior and for some reason the Warning! Logo on the outside of the guitar case but yeh that's a lot of money - especially for Green Day fans, who you (used to) assume will be relatively young. 

I was 22, I didn't have that much for a guitar! 

He was playing a Rock N Roll Relics LP JR for a while last year but I think Gibson took offence and just made him the same spec guitar.

Yeh he's the same price in Gateshead. I've seen him four times with prices between £12 & £45.

I might try and pick up a cheap one on the night but it's a seriously gross price. He's a phenomenal player but it strikes me as greedy. 

Scratch that - sold out with Tickets  £104, £94, £84, £74 

I bought myself one of these :D 

I'm getting new couches in a few weeks so I'm going to try and declutter the living room. I've lost count of the guitars in the house but this can hold 8. So probably 6 guitars & 2 basses. (The rest will have to live upstairs) 

Im going to get a couple of ikea picture shelves to store guitar pedals and put them above it.

IMG_8817.JPG

• Like 1