The Guitar Thread

Tom

She was after the Capri Orange one but they sold out pretty much everywhere. She's got the Gary Jarman bass which is short scale but it's massive compared to the Mustang. Should be more versatile at least with the two pickups. 

Field Music were using one recently and it did the job perfectly. 

You look like Kurt Cobain there :lol: 

Looks like a class trip. I've got to admit I pretty much wrote 70s strats off after a very damning article about them from Charles Shaar-Murray (sp) about 15 years ago....but I'm willing to take a second opinion.

I’ll take that!

I had until Rabea Masaad changed my mind with his, I guess like most things you’ll get good and bad ones, it speaks a lot for their “myth” value that I could get either of those two for less than two grand where a pre-cbs that’s not as good would be going for at least twice that.

that black one was incredible, it weighed a ton but it was astonishingly resonant, absolute gem. If it wasn’t for our NZ plans later in the year Id have bought it, Mrs A was even there and was in full support of the idea. 

The Strandberg looks fun @Andrew :lol:

I think I'd need a headstock mind, even a pretend one. Like when they give dogs plastic bollocks when they've had the snip. 

Edit - That bass still hasn't arrived btw. Some 24h courier that. I won't be ordering from Richtone Music again...

55 minutes ago, Tom said:

The Strandberg looks fun @Andrew :lol:

I think I'd need a headstock mind, even a pretend one. Like when they give dogs plastic bollocks when they've had the snip. 

Edit - That bass still hasn't arrived btw. Some 24h courier that. I won't be ordering from Richtone Music again...

I really liked it, more than expected. Fanned frets were weird though I was not playing stuff right at all, fluffed a few quite badly :lol:

sucks about the bass, I’ve gone through richtone once and they were fine

I'm not sure how I'd cope with fanned frets, but they sound interesting. I still haven't got round to scalloped frets ffs! 

The bass came in the end and it's a class piece of kit. Tonally everything sounds authentic & there's some original sounds too.

Plus it's gorgeous and comically small. :lol:

Richtone sent a pack of bass strings to compensate for the late delivery. Which aren't cheap in fairness.

Not guitar chat but quite frankly, I think I'm the only drummer so I'm putting it in here.

Finally got round to having a few sessions on my new electronic kit after fate seemed to determined to keep me away for 3 weeks and it only confirms that I am right back into the idea of playing live music again. Tom, grab your pedals and your luscious hair, we're hitting the pubs.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just me but the last few pedal shows have been brutal (excluding the Fender one). Just two old blokes enjoying the smell of their own and each other's farts. 

Edited by Gemmill

I've never liked the pick n mix episodes that much but I'd say of the last ten I've enjoyed 8 and thought a few of those were excellent, the guest visits are good, I thought Coxons in particular was ace and I really liked the Tele comparison video, though that was partly because my '51 is so similar in spec to Dans new '52 that it was basically my guitar on that one and it played out like an enjoyable podcast.

It's just been restrung but Yeh it's a 1960 Classic so the pickups are really high output, plus it's going into the Blues Deville set with the low end almost entirely dialled out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You think you used enough hashtags there?

I couldn't think of any others, Insta is all about the hashtags.

edit: and the photos I guess

• 2 weeks later...