The Guitar Thread

Tom

Recorded a few tracks with my band this week. Dented the car tripping with the bass amp on the way there and when I got there I was going straight into logic :lol:

It was weird all being in different rooms and watching each other on a TV, like split screen playstation.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Recorded a few tracks with my band this week. Dented the car tripping with the bass amp on the way there and when I got there I was going straight into logic :lol:

It was weird all being in different rooms and watching each other on a TV, like split screen playstation.

So were you all playing at the same time still? That sounds like an odd way to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at the American Original 60s one. Mind I just got a trade in offer on the Jag from guitar guitar and it was shite (literally just after submitting the last post). Think I might have to try and sell the Jag on eBay....

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm looking at the American Original 60s one. Mind I just got a trade in offer on the Jag from guitar guitar and it was shite (literally just after submitting the last post). Think I might have to try and sell the Jag on eBay....

Scott, did you ever join offsetguitars.com?

They have a decent classifieds section on the forum with a lot of UK and Europe based members, so your target market.

You need to have made 50 posts though to use it.

Email from GuitarGuitar this morning saying they now have Chapmans in stock, I think they're the first non-andertons UK store to have them.

If anyone happens to be dropping by the Newcastle store and fancies picking one up for a test I'd be curious to know their thoughts, Chappers aside (love him or hate him) the guitars themselves have always held some interest for me but the idea of going to guildford to try one was always a bit much. They've a good lefty range now as well...

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Email from GuitarGuitar this morning saying they now have Chapmans in stock, I think they're the first non-andertons UK store to have them.

If anyone happens to be dropping by the Newcastle store and fancies picking one up for a test I'd be curious to know their thoughts, Chappers aside (love him or hate him) the guitars themselves have always held some interest for me but the idea of going to guildford to try one was always a bit much. They've a good lefty range now as well...

I'm heading there tomorrow so I'll have a blast and let you know.

Actually Andrew, I wanted to quiz you on Helix stuff. I've been looking at this HX Stomp that they've put out. I think I'm gonna get rid of my Boss GT100 cos it's brutally user unfriendly and I think the technology is a bit dated compared to the newer stuff they're putting out.

Are you still getting on alright with your Helix stuff? From what I can gather the Stomp is all the same content and tech as the more expensive Helix stuff but in a smaller package (which will probably present hassles of its own).

How user friendly is the Helix stuff? I can't be fucked with something where I have to spend ages in settings trying to get a decent sound out of it.

Thanks for any help.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Ooof :lol: 

:lol: Truth be told I've started looking at the Fiesta Red too. It's a dead heat atm, decision will be made in store when I have a shot on them both.

Picking up a Blues Cube today as well. Spendy month!

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm heading there tomorrow so I'll have a blast and let you know.

Actually Andrew, I wanted to quiz you on Helix stuff. I've been looking at this HX Stomp that they've put out. I think I'm gonna get rid of my Boss GT100 cos it's brutally user unfriendly and I think the technology is a bit dated compared to the newer stuff they're putting out.

Are you still getting on alright with your Helix stuff? From what I can gather the Stomp is all the same content and tech as the more expensive Helix stuff but in a smaller package (which will probably present hassles of its own).

How user friendly is the Helix stuff? I can't be fucked with something where I have to spend ages in settings trying to get a decent sound out of it.

Thanks for any help.

Ive said fairly often but I adore my helix, I brought it to New Zealand in my suitcase in the place of...clothes :lol:

The stomp looks cool, you'll not be using the units interface all that much I reckon as the screen and controls on the unit are somewhat limited due to its size.

You'll be getting an astonishing bang for buck in a unit that small though and it still has the USB out meaning you can use the HX edit software as your main interface which is a doddle to use at a surface level but also lets you have some insanely detailed control.

By and large its as tricky as you want to make it, theres a good library of user generated and uploaded patches on the Line6 website that you can just whack onto your helix in no time with it plugged into your PC and you'll have that tone, they're all star rated and have a "number of downloads" against them so its easy to filter the shite.

It'll come with the fuck loads of Line6s own preloaded patches too which is a solid range of stuff.

Main hassle for me would be the lack of footswitches, 3 vs 12 and an expression pedal is a big difference and I dunno how they'll work their way round that.

Aye you can obviously add on additional footswitches and an expression pedal (which kind of defeats the purpose) but from the videos I've seen online they seem to be pushing this snapshots thing as an easy way of being able to switch things on and off within a patch, so you could have snapshots assigned to each stomp button.

I'll have a think about it anyway but good to know you're still enjoying yours, cheers.