The Guitar Thread

Tom

Currently I'm having a bit of a clear out, which I've never done before but after getting those Bareknuckles in my Les Paul and having it polished up a bit, the works, I barely pick up another guitar and don't really want to. The guitar of my dreams was £400 worth of mods away all along :lol:

I've also fitted Beefy Slinkys so it sounds massive which means I've finally got some proper use from my Marshall class 5. :up: 

Currently getting rid of :- 

Epiphone 339 Pro 

Ibanez 25th Anniversary RG 

Cort-Manson MBC1 

That mad earthquaker pedal. 

With the replacement hopefully to be a surplus of cash and a beat up Les Paul junior fake from china!

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Ah to be fair that looks stunning! 

Got this one in the end. Drove all the way to West Kilbride to hand the Jag over and pick the cash up from the buyer. Then drove across to guitarguitar in Edinburgh....only to find that the Lake Placid Blue one had a couple of chunky dings out of the top of it!

I looked at the Fiesta Red one but it's basically pink. So aye drove all that way and ended up having to get them to order one from Fender which I'll pick up from Newcastle. :lol:

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Currently I'm having a bit of a clear out, which I've never done before but after getting those Bareknuckles in my Les Paul and having it polished up a bit, the works, I barely pick up another guitar and don't really want to. The guitar of my dreams was £400 worth of mods away all along :lol:

I've also fitted Beefy Slinkys so it sounds massive which means I've finally got some proper use from my Marshall class 5. :up: 

Currently getting rid of :- 

Epiphone 339 Pro 

Ibanez 25th Anniversary RG 

Cort-Manson MBC1 

That mad earthquaker pedal. 

With the replacement hopefully to be a surplus of cash and a beat up Les Paul junior fake from china!

Nice one, your Les Paul sounds mint. I'll get one one day!

Gave the BR800 a spin with the MacBook & Garageband. Getting used to mixing and recording and stuff. Unfortunately I can't mix myself a good voice or some talent ;)

(That's the Les Paul - left and right- through a Marshall class 5)

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/11/2018 at 23:00, Tom said:

So tempted for one of these bad boys :lol:

On the V2 you can reverse the order via a switch rather than patching it too. Nice. 

I ordered the Dark Side and one of these :-

88182-tmpF5F6.jpg?w=720&h=720&fit=fill&b

Got about £100 off in the USA USA USA sale - just have to wait and see if the pedals actually exist as they're to order.

• 3 weeks later...

Having my Squier Tele sent out here soon, for all it looks cool my cheap chinese knockoff Strandberg is not a particularly good guitar.

Probably be a fun thing to mod the shit out of once I'm home if I can be bothered sending it back when I do return to the UK but for now its not really doing the business.

Thinking of dipping into some lessons for a while once the Tele arrives in the new year, haven't done any since I was 16 and I don't think I've progressed much as a guitar player in that time either :razz: .

Just found this thread after not being in GC for years. 

Currently got a lovely Epi LP tribute with Gibson Burst buckers, just recently picked up an Epi 335 pro which I'm getting to grips with and a Squirrel classic vibe Tele which I'm going to get rid of as I don't play it anymore. 

Got myself a Helix LT which is a superb piece of kit and is easy to use. 

I spent my lunch hour staring at custom shop strats. :lol: Must resist.

@Chaser I've got the HX Effects which I really like. 

@Andrew would it not be as cheap to get a new one over there, or is it relatively cheap to ship it? When I was trying to ship my Jag after I sold it I ended up giving in as no one would insure it without me spending an insane amount.

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I spent my lunch hour staring at custom shop strats. :lol: Must resist.

@Chaser I've got the HX Effects which I really like. 

@Andrew would it not be as cheap to get a new one over there, or is it relatively cheap to ship it? When I was trying to ship my Jag after I sold it I ended up giving in as no one would insure it without me spending an insane amount.

I've never picked up and played a Fender Strat that I really liked playing, despite that I still look at CS strats and think "yeah I want one of those...". Quite fancy a Rory Gallagher one some day.

As for buying vs shipping, no it wouldn't is the short answer.

A contemporary Strat/Tele over here is $800, 400 in real money as opposed to 300 in the UK and shipping the one I already own, in a good Custom Shop hardcase, I have two of those thanks to one being a little bit faulty when I got my proper CS tele so they just sent me a brand new one and said keep the other, with a cardboard box will be less than 100.

So thats fine, I'll sell off the other when the Tele arrives, probably cover the shipping costs here and back to the UK when the time comes with that.

12 hours ago, Chaser said:

Just found this thread after not being in GC for years. 

Currently got a lovely Epi LP tribute with Gibson Burst buckers, just recently picked up an Epi 335 pro which I'm getting to grips with and a Squirrel classic vibe Tele which I'm going to get rid of as I don't play it anymore. 

Got myself a Helix LT which is a superb piece of kit and is easy to use. 

I have one of those, its brilliant.

On 26/11/2018 at 17:26, Tom said:

I ordered the Dark Side and one of these :-

88182-tmpF5F6.jpg?w=720&h=720&fit=fill&b

Got about £100 off in the USA USA USA sale - just have to wait and see if the pedals actually exist as they're to order.

Jeez I wish these fuckers would hurry up and arrive :lol: 

That Pedal Show/Andertons have been putting out some really good stuff lately.

Two crossovers "The Captain meets Dan and Mick" and (for the particularly nerdy) Dan building the captains pedalboard.

"The Captain meets..." for Tom Quayle & Martin Miller who are just insane players and Richard Shaw from Cradle of Filth who came across as a really lovely bloke.

TPS have a video with Jonny Kinkade refretting two of their guitars (again, this one for the tech/gear nerds tbh) as well as Understanding Gain with Josh Scott from JHS pedals and last fridays episode where they got hold of a handful of awesome vintage amps and having Devin Townsend on for an episode as well (I love Devin)

Aye I've got back into watching it (TPS) recently. I watch Lee Anderton's lesson videos with Justin Sandercoe but I just want to slap Anderton's face for either paying no attention and playing while he's being spoken to or insisting that his "brain doesn't work like that".

When the TPS lads are meeting someone and Steinhardt isn't just creaming his kegs and almost crying over something or other, they put out good stuff. If I've got it on when my lass is in the room, she goes fucking wild about how cheesy they are though. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I've got back into watching it (TPS) recently. I watch Lee Anderton's lesson videos with Justin Sandercoe but I just want to slap Anderton's face for either paying no attention and playing while he's being spoken to or insisting that his "brain doesn't work like that".

When the TPS lads are meeting someone and Steinhardt isn't just creaming his kegs and almost crying over something or other, they put out good stuff. If I've got it on when my lass is in the room, she goes fucking wild about how cheesy they are though. :lol:

I like it when Dan gets all fanboy-y at people he's interviewing :lol:

I'll withhold judgement on Lees videos with Justin until I've done a few lessons myself in the new year! I'm quite scared about the idea having not done any since I was 16, I've no idea what to expect of them or me.