The Guitar Thread

Tom

Tempted to whack a lethal humbucker in the bridge, have the two single coils as dummy pickups, smash the fuck out of it & cover it in stickers

GettyImages-470283398_green_day_2000.jpg

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Tempted to whack a lethal humbucker in the bridge, have the two single coils as dummy pickups, smash the fuck out of it & cover it in stickers

GettyImages-470283398_green_day_2000.jpg

You going to put your name on it also so you know it's your's?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Might just go for an exact replica.

I doubt he’s gonna come round and pinch it ;) 

He might, it's not like he's written anything decent since he last ripped off the clash! :razz:

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like the look of these Squier Cabronita Baritone. £369. 

I've got a Jaguar Baritone and it's a great guitar so I can imagine the Cabronita would be fun to play.

I see it has P-90s so it will be meaty.

Edited by sammynb

I actually managed to wire the thing by myself. :lol: 

I know most adults should probably be capable of this but I’m happy with myself. 

Got some strings coming this afternoon, so I’ll give it a whirl. 

Also, as predicted the neck isn’t a fender given that the serial number is a Jazz bass.

Still £30 for the lot :ok: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I like the look of these Squier Cabronita Baritone. £369. 

They’re great guitars, I had a Squier Cabronita with a bigsby (avoid) and a Fender Cabronita in gold with dual TV jones (purchase)

Ive never played a baritone but I could fancy it.

On 20/07/2020 at 20:53, Tom said:

I’ve had some Anderton’s points on my account for a few year and haven’t managed to spend them till...now.

Got myself this nice vintage chorus.

This arrived today. 

Ive been grafting like mad so haven’t got to try it yet but it looks so cool I’m not bothered.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Any of you been tapping into the knowledge of Tom Bukovac on YouTube with his homeskoolin lessons? 

Aye great stuff. Found him via Guthrie Trapp's channel who is another Nashville session man that's well worth a watch.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye great stuff. Found him via Guthrie Trapp's channel who is another Nashville session man that's well worth a watch.

Yeah, I'd seen him do some stuff with Brett Papa which put me on to him (Guthrie Trapp that is). Rhett Schull mentioned Bukovac and i've been hooked onto it since. 

8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yeah, I'd seen him do some stuff with Brett Papa which put me on to him (Guthrie Trapp that is). Rhett Schull mentioned Bukovac and i've been hooked onto it since. 

Nice one, sounds like we're watching a bunch of the same stuff. Bukovac is like The Dude. Couldn't believe when he said he was in his 50s.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one, sounds like we're watching a bunch of the same stuff. Bukovac is like The Dude. Couldn't believe when he said he was in his 50s.

Likewise, I had him down as early 40s. Rolling Rock must be from the fountain of youth!

Fucking hell, the second hand market is tragic at the moment.

Lots of bargains to be had at the expense of musicians suffering the Covid effect. The rest is utter lunatics sticking RARE in front of any old shite and hiking the price up. 

“90s modelling amp, RARE!” £1000

There’s a reason it’s rare mate. It’s absolutely shite.

• Haha 1