The Guitar Thread

Tom

I totally agree, a lot of their stuff is great. This is actually a good fuzz too which is why this one pissed me off so much. 

It's a Mk2 Tonebender with a low pass filter tacked on. And as if that isn't bad enough, notice how they don't mention if it's Silicon or Germanium. See if you can guess! 

I had a Data Corrupter and it was absolutely fucking mental to the point it was borderline unusable.

Fun for a while but I had to get rid.

Their delays/modular/reverb stuff is appealing though. 

I love some of that uncontrollable glitchy stuff. Imagine themadness you could conjure up with just a blue box and a Clari(not). 

Ive used the data corrupter but their disaster transport is a pretty cool delay and not all that hard to tame despite its name. 

@sammynb actually after a quick glance over the link I like this guy. Its a lot of words for "I put a blue box and a dist+ in the same pedal" but at least he's telling it like is, rather than the usual "let's imply stuff without actually saying it" nonsense from the EQD link. 

The other good thing about Reuss is every so often they try to do a cheap chinese made version of certain pedals that they guarantee are all but identical, so I’ve also have a cheaper version of the rsh03 if I ever play live again.

Ah fuck. Well there goes my long game sales pitch. Well if both of those happen to fail and you cant get a reasonably priced replacement you know where to find me.

In all seriousness though, I know bugger all about them but they've earned my trust after reading that link. Either they're incredibly honest and really good at what they do or they're just wary (weary?) of miserable cunts like me calling them out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Either they're incredibly honest and really good at what they do or they're just wary (weary?) of miserable cunts like me calling them out. 

I’d say a bit of both tbh as people like RSH’s estate and JP Shilo don’t have much regard for wankers and shysters.

And don’t worry I know exactly how to get in touch when need requires.

I’m doing an update of my board atm but I’ll be posting pics soon complete with the toon overdrive (sounds like a yacht rock band)!

• Like 1

Nice one. Good to hear it at least getting put to use and not just resigned to being an ornament. 

Honestly got no idea what a Yacht Rock is though. Sounds like a sub-genre I'd give a wide berth. But each to their own (whatever floats yer boat?). 

Judging by my youtube feed I would say that the video embargo on the Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster has lifted today.

I've played one of the Teles and actually really liked it tbf, they're weird but good.

2 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Honestly got no idea what a Yacht Rock is though. Sounds like a sub-genre I'd give a wide berth. But each to their own (whatever floats yer boat?). 

Yacht rock isn’t my thing, more Gemmill!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacht_rock

I’ve got serious GAS for a Fano PX6 like this one.  Floating trem, TV Jones pickups but in black and not reliced.

Just got to workout how to pay for it!

p1220521_orig.jpg

3 hours ago, Tom said:

@Andrew How did you find that Squier Contemporary series that you had? Looking at the floyd rose strats and they look insane.

You can't really go wrong with picking one of them up for the price. The jag looks great too. 

14 hours ago, Tom said:

@Andrew How did you find that Squier Contemporary series that you had? Looking at the floyd rose strats and they look insane.

I still have it, its brilliant.

Ive upgraded the pickups to some dimarzio illuminators but the original ones were pwrfectly good really, it plays so well.

I cant recommend them enough. 

They’re not available right now but I may pull the trigger in a few weeks when they are. A roasted maple neck on a Squier is quite a boast, also is a proper floyd rose. 

Plus like Andrew has done, you can easy upgrade the pick ups.

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Best advice I ever got from a drummer was "just blag it and glare at the bassist when you make a mistake" 

Band I had in the late 80s everytime the drummer went to set up a second cymbal the bass player would walk over, mutter you don't fucking need that and stand over him until he put it back in the bag!

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

So as Tom has already seen I now own some drums too! @Ayatollah Hermione Youre the only drummer I know of on here, any advice on finding learning resources and that?

Well, i learned how to play the drums by being drafted into a blues band and had to busk my way through most of Morrison Hotel so my advice is to do the opposite of that. I’ll have some proper advice when I wake up tomorrow.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

There's not much info on the website but given the size of the enclosure and the controls it's likely a belton-brick based reverb, probably a Box of Hall. Honestly though In all seriousness I'd be tempted to buy one just for the art and the free t-shirt.