The Guitar Thread

Tom

In fairness I think a lot of people have done it. There’s a Mr Sparkle 808 & another reverb from a separate company.

Go for it :lol: 

Yeh tbh the Behringer is okay, especially for £20 but I downgraded a bit too much. It replaced a Keeley 30MS which was the tits.

The Behringer sounds a bit “small”‘ in comparison.

https://reverb.com/item/313547-tribute-audio-designs-mr-sparkle-verb-trem?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=313547-tribute-audio-designs-mr-sparkle-verb-trem

@TomI just stumbled on this trying to find some more info on that other thing. Shame it's Trem into reverb, probably some great sounds to be had but robs you of the chance to stick a delay in between. For a dual pedal, trem into delay would've been my choice.

Fwiw - in my own (just tanned 10 cans and probably misunderstood the situation and started talking out of my arse) opinion - from what I little I know about the Keeley 30ms you might be looking for a doubler rather than a reverb. Given the 30ms name I'd imagine the whole goal with that was to replicate the infamous doubler mode of the old mxr 112 flanger/doubler that went down as low as 10ms.

@Tom i just remembered that I built a Simpsons themed pedal about 8 years ago, inspired by the the auto/manual tracking switch on the Bad Stone phaser.

Anyway I finally got that ridiculous delay-in-a-wah-shell the fuck out of my house so I've got some space on my desk again for more daft builds. Was planning to get the Hypnotoad finished sometime this decade but thanks to you I'm edging towards a Mr Sparkle themed sparkle drive, just because the name fits.

Screenshot_20210407-212503-737.png

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Thanks 1

Class! I missed this btw, wasn’t being deliberately ignorant :lol: 

Keep me updated on the Sparkle drive, it might be interested myself. 

Meanwhile, the new Jared James Nichols signature epiphone looks the absolute tits...

D5544FE5-131D-46AF-9614-C52E3B9AC105.jpeg

Sure I'll post here if I ever get it done. Already got sidetracked with a switchable MK1.5/MK2 Tonebender and it's the bastarding school holidays so I can't get a minutes peace.

LP Jr with binding? Sweet.  What's up with those inlays stopping at 15th? Looks a bit like they forgot to finish it.

Yeh he’s basically combined a JR & custom & stuck a Seymour Duncan P90 in the bridge. I don’t mind the inlays, I don’t mind playing guitars without them tbh & most have them on the binding anyway.

Im a little bit tempted but the idea of paying £650 for an Epi seems insane - although it is a chunky bit of kit. Double binding, 50s neck etc 

Yeah I really like it. Never been sure I'd totally  get along with the jr style bridge but that wouldn't put me off. Didn't mean to take a cheap dig at the inlays either, just caught my eye and looked a bit odd that they only covered 3/4 of the fretboard.

I hear you though. Epiphone name aside I'm never blindly throwing £650 at any guitar. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously doubt this will interest anyone but I've been building up a bit of a sad-sack collection of shit like this: 

IMG-20210424-183530851-HDR.jpg

One on the left is an 80's Russian military datasheet for that 308V Transistor from @Tom's Fuzz Factory. Actual part cost me about 60p, the bloke I buy them from has started chucking this shit in for free. Old as fuck, aye. But not rare or expensive.

On 24/04/2021 at 20:43, Tom said:

Jesus that’s fascinating! It’s the exact same one :lol: 

Ah fuck. well played. Just noticed I've grabbed the wrong datasheet, don't need to understand Cyrillic to see that's the 402B rather than the 308V. 

Here's the one for the 308

IMG-20210428-133749822-HDR.jpg

Edited by Blastronaut

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to go nowhere near the "What are you listening to thread" this came out over the weekend and is excellent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

How much would a decent entry level acoustic set me back? Had a Washburn about 15 years ago but lost the urge when Junior popped out. The neck warped and it got chucked. 

£50 if you get lucky and know what you're looking for on gumtree. 

Sub £200 new if your perspective of entry level is reasonable. 

Edited by Blastronaut

• 2 weeks later...