The Guitar Thread

Tom

If we are going to have ridiculous 80's hair we need a bird holding a guitar too.

charlotte.jpg

Miss Hatherly :D

Tom Miss Hatherly is cute but she is a way down the line of women with guitars that would get it.

Melissa Aud der Maur

Melissa_Auf_der_Maur.jpg

Juliana Hatfield

julianaguitar.jpg

Even Jewell would get it, if she promised not to play her guitar or sing!

large_jewel1_042508.jpg

Had mine since my birthday in February but haven't really picked it up. Which is a shame as I've always wanted to play just don't seem to have the time. Been picking up some bits and bobs off my mate who is canny good when he has been round, just find it a bit harder to learn on my own if that makes sense?

He just got this as well last week.

d5217a14b995411820f85ee92333d467.jpg

Sometimes it helps to just pick it up and not really think about it, like when your watching TV just mess about with it and get used to holding it and stuff.

It's all about developing coordination and the muscles in your fingers, so pissing about as well as practice/learning can really help.

Was in town on Friday and tried a couple of Telecasters out.

Firstly I tried the Road Worn Tele and it was a decent player with a chunky neck, however the pickups were weak and it didn't sound or play like a £650 guitar. Down from £890 too!

However I was advised to try this FMT Telecaster with a Set thru-neck, Two Seymour Duncans and a push/pull coil tap. It played and sound excellent for jazz and blues and the neck pick up sounded awesome. Very nearly came away with it and still might get one. £430 is the cheapest I could find one and that's what Mark at Sounds Live Offered me.

0262000561_xl.jpg

It sounds beast but don't expect a traditional telecaster!

For someone who is probably worse than Steven Hawking at playing musical instruments, this thread is interesting. I think it is all the variants you can have when buying or making a gituar and how they affect the sound that interests me. I'd take it up if I had the time, money and patience.

Here's a pic of Ms. Wood formerly of JJ72:

i6_jj72_1.jpg

Was in town on Friday and tried a couple of Telecasters out.

Firstly I tried the Road Worn Tele and it was a decent player with a chunky neck, however the pickups were weak and it didn't sound or play like a £650 guitar. Down from £890 too!

However I was advised to try this FMT Telecaster with a Set thru-neck, Two Seymour Duncans and a push/pull coil tap. It played and sound excellent for jazz and blues and the neck pick up sounded awesome. Very nearly came away with it and still might get one. £430 is the cheapest I could find one and that's what Mark at Sounds Live Offered me.

0262000561_xl.jpg

It sounds beast but don't expect a traditional telecaster!

Gan on Tom, you KNOW you want it!!!!

always remember - take the credit card but leave the common sense at the door!! (or summat like that)

Just ordered one of these.........

IMGP2274.jpg

Should be a larf!!

EDIT: oh, and guitar babes...

Susanna_Hoffs0_455.jpg

Susanna Hoffs

Edited by AvatarAxeman

Nice I could do with one to be honest!

Big Valve amps are not good for the house late at night!

I have a little microcube that gets me by but I think a hotplate would work wonders!

!

Nice I could do with one to be honest!

Big Valve amps are not good for the house late at night!

I have a little microcube that gets me by but I think a hotplate would work wonders!

!

well i've spent a canny bit wedge in the last year or so to try and get "the sound" that we all hear in wor heads and i reckon (or at least hope!) that this'll do it.

Ibanez guitar - Blackstar HT dual pedal - Marshall JMP 100 head - THD hotplate - Orange cab

:razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.

I tried a couple of guitars today. A 1952 Telecaster re-issue with original circuitry, e.g the neck position has a tone by-pass the, middle is the neck on it's own and the bridge is the bridge as normal. Very nice and at £900 not so bad with a part exchange.

I also tried a Tokai Rosewood Breezysound which is basically a Rosewood Telecaster. It played really nice but I wasn't too sure about the authentication provided as a lot of the Tokai rosewoods kicking about (rare as rocking horse shite like) are fakes.

The guitar in the video is a Fender Esquire and it has very similar circuitry to the 1952 telecaster. It sounds very bluesy and a I might have to try one.

£430 at guitar guitar in Newcastle so probably £430 with a case if negotiated. :good:

Hmm.

I tried a couple of guitars today. A 1952 Telecaster re-issue with original circuitry, e.g the neck position has a tone by-pass the, middle is the neck on it's own and the bridge is the bridge as normal. Very nice and at £900 not so bad with a part exchange.

I also tried a Tokai Rosewood Breezysound which is basically a Rosewood Telecaster. It played really nice but I wasn't too sure about the authentication provided as a lot of the Tokai rosewoods kicking about (rare as rocking horse shite like) are fakes.

The guitar in the video is a Fender Esquire and it has very similar circuitry to the 1952 telecaster. It sounds very bluesy and a I might have to try one.

£430 at guitar guitar in Newcastle so probably £430 with a case if negotiated. :good:

you should definatley get it Tom. would be great for you!!!

btw, i've got the hotplate now. tried it out today, guitar (ibanez sx2020ex(superstrat with EMG's)) straight into the amp. sounded EXCELLENT!!!!!

got rehearsal thursday. cant wait to try the full rig out!!! should be HUGE!!!!

Yeh a hot plate it pretty much essential for a proper driven sound on most loud valve amps.

I can just avoid one with a 30w Orange with a decent drive on it and I quite like the low drive sounds on my fender!

But for most Marshalls and the like you really need a hotplate!

A godsend!

What colour did you get it in?

Yeh a hot plate it pretty much essential for a proper driven sound on most loud valve amps.

I can just avoid one with a 30w Orange with a decent drive on it and I quite like the low drive sounds on my fender!

But for most Marshalls and the like you really need a hotplate!

A godsend!

What colour did you get it in?

IMGP2269.jpg

Tried the full rig out tonight. guitar - fender tuner - behringer phaser - blackstar ht dual - behringer delay/reverb - boss ns1 - marshall jmp 100 head - thd hotplate - orange cab. Tap dance tastic!!!!

:good::spinwank::rolleyes::spinwank::angry::spinwank::outahere::spinwank::outahere::bloodywank:

In the process of trading my Yamaha SA500 (If anyone has any ideas give me a shout, can post :D )

Was offered a G&L Bluesboy if I sent £400 his way but I would only go to £300 and he didn't accept. One fella offered a PRS S.E Soapbar in white but he seems to have rescinded that offer and another fella offered a Yamaha Les Paul copy.

Still stumped. :D

Anyone got a particular recommendation for a nice Acoustic guitar around the £200-300 mark? Will probably end up just going into the local Music shop and trying out a few, but if there is a particular one that someone recommends.. ?