The Guitar Thread

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Felt like resurrecting this, as I've started to learn on my amazing blue acoustic gituar from the Sue Ryder shop. Give it a few years and I might manage My lovely Horse!

If I was a practical (and wealthy) person, I'd love to make my own electric gituar. Sadly, if I did that, it would probably be rather............cubist.

I've been glued to my strat recently.

That through a Marshall Class 5* or a Rocker 30 whilst I give the Blues Deluxe a rest!

*Despite being 5 watts possibly the loudest thing ever!

Here's Mr Bonamassa ripping away on a class 5.

To be honest I have three amps, a 1994 Fender Blues Deluxe (65 watts), an Orange Rocker 30 and the most recent a Marshall Class 5.

Due to the freakishly loud nature of the Class 5 I find myself unable to settle and keep switching but it depends what sound you want! On the Smaller amps I'm always wanting reverb but Orange amps rarely have it and both it and the Marshall have no effects loop! Whereas the Fender is perfect in most manners it shifts a whole lot of air and I can be heard from quite far away :)

However in the right place such as a big hall they both do some nice natural slap back reverb!

well I'm currently on a Vox AD30vt which I've never loved truth be told but thats probably because my guitars just dont suit it, I need to fix my carvin, its electrics are really old and utterly shot, need replacing which ill probably get round to eventually

Not really, if I start looking it means Ill have to really think about spending money, if I can manage to get a job over the summer i'll start looking in earnest

any tips?

It all depends really! Are you arsed about it being a valve amp? Some people are, e.g me, but others aren't too bothered.

Depends on how many effects you use!

.............and the Marshall has no effects loop!

My 100w JMP head has :)

AND its got a lead boost aswell!!

its going up for sale if you fancy it Tom.

Edited by AgentAxeman

To be fair my Father bought me it so I could have an amp slightly smaller than the other two it just turns out it is very very loud! I treasure it so I'm not about to get any mods done, I bought it a hard case to live in too so there will never be a mark on it!

Just looking forward to getting it into an environment when I can really crank it up!

You seriously wouldn't believe it's only 5 watts, the bass on it is mental!

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a daft question, but do gituars evolve like cars. What I mean by this is do they change over time in the same way a car does? For example the first version of a Mondeo is different to the latest version? If they do, I assume that you can only buy an original Stratocaster that was physically made in the 1950's or whenever.

Yeah there's lots of updates for guitars, whether in material or just a physical improvement.

It can be a slight difference in shape from the original design (Although major brands rarely do this) or a totally new backwards design.