The Guitar Thread

Tom

It doesnt have to be after the first drop to get your first guitar and amp, its just that after that youll start wanting more, you want that bigger, more expensive amp and the real gibson and a pedal board so you can sound any way you want

Its a right bollock

I too have spent a criminal amount and I've sold a load too! I haven't earned a penny but what can you do! Got a load of free drinks like but that's about it!

I've settled down now but that fuzz pedal is exactly what I'm after so I'll have to pick it up soon rather than later. It would sound leathal with my Marshall class 5!

I don't really want to think about it too much.

Currently using about £4k's worth of gear just guitars and amps and not sure what else because I've sold a load of gear over the years.

Well I've been playing since I was 13.

One guitar 10 years old, one 5 years old, one four years.

One amp 16 years old*, one amps 1 year and one a few months old.

So some of it is old gear.

*Although I have had it for three.

Ive been playing since I was 13 too as it happens

started on a squier standard strat and a little fender amp starter pack thingy which I sold a couple of years later for the same I bought it for

then I had a peavey bandit off ebay, which I wish I hadnt sold and a little ibanez something or other which is now in bits somewhere

now Ive got a Vox AD30vt as my sole amp 2 electrics, that carvin up there which is 22 years old, bought on ebay about 4/5 years ago, a LTD KH202 which is actually surprisingly versatile considering its look and an electro acoustic Fender CD100

being a lefty Ive to pay over the odds for all my guitars of course and getting used is even harder

Les Paul/Strat/SG for me and three amps. Tend to get other guitars and just flog them on though. I just get bored and realise the real sounds I'm after come from the main 3.

Although I will soon be working on a pedal board.

Can't go wrong with a Squier. My sister has a Squier Vintage modern strat and it's pure class. Especially for like £230 or whatever.

I started on a 3rd hand Encore which came with a horrible little amp.

Soon moved on to an Epiphone SG400 and a Marshall MG50. I still have the SG as mentioned above.

I started on a Jap squire strat and it was fantastic. I regret selling it even though I sold it on after about 5 years for £250 and it was only £189 when I got it. That's when the Japs did good squires!!! First amp (bigger than a dinner plate) was a Peavey Bandit and I still think it produced the best metallica-type crunch sound! Now on a JS1000, bog standard strat, yamaha acoustic and a Vetta combo.

agree about squiers, cracking little guitars, mine was the gayest thing ever tbf, it was purple and glittery but as a LH with no money I took what I could get