The Guitar Thread

Tom

Nah, bit lacklustre for me this year. Not that many cool guitar releases that I've seen, even fewer available to the afflicted like myself.

I really like the Fender Meteora for this year but nothing else new leapt out at me.

The afflicted :lol: 

Yeh it looks a decent guitar but not much other Fender stuff jumped out. Apart from the 69 G&L which a basically a Fender. 

I'd loved a good few pedals on show but some of the prices haven't been ideal :up:

Aye, I like the idea of the new Marshall Studio amps but I'm very unlikely to buy one.

Few albums coming out over the next few months that I am looking forward to though, new Dream Theater, Devin Townsend and Periphery albums coming up.

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like the new Les Paul range, particularly the traditional. Popped in to Guitar Guitar for a look at lunchtime today. 

Speaking of, they seem to be having a very generous sale on the 2018 models right now.

I do!

Ocean Machine - start to finish his best studio album in my opinion. 

Ziltoid and Z2 - These are both very stupid concept albums about an alien called ziltoid, they feature some absolutely awesome riffs.

Absolute best listen is for me, Ocean Machine Live in Plovdiv. it has all of Ocean machine as its second half and a first half that is all fan selected songs with an orchestra, its a pretty comprehensive "best of".

Go from there, his output is mental, he has released fucking loads of albums across numerous genres so see what sticks I suppose.

• Like 1

Nice one lads, I'll give them a blast. I was watching him do a Guitar Guitar Clinic on youtube and he seemed so interesting & funny I thought I'd give his music a go. 

He was using a Kemper AND a line 6 helix. I thought it was either or! :lol:

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Nice one lads, I'll give them a blast. I was watching him do a Guitar Guitar Clinic on youtube and he seemed so interesting & funny I thought I'd give his music a go. 

He was using a Kemper AND a line 6 helix. I thought it was either or! :lol:

Was it the guitarguitar one he did this week? 

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Was it the guitarguitar one he did this week? 

Im not sure, it was quite recent given has was talking about Empath with a 7 string Framus.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Im not sure, it was quite recent given has was talking about Empath with a 7 string Framus.

It was that one then!

Talked about Chad Kroeger? Actually made me be less sneery towards nickelback...

St Vincent is an excellent guitar player mind but it's not her guitar playing I'd be interested in lads, IF YOU KNOW WHAT AH MEAN

Never heard of the other one. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

St Vincent is an excellent guitar player mind but it's not her guitar playing I'd be interested in lads, IF YOU KNOW WHAT AH MEAN

Never heard of the other one. 

tbh I just put music stuff in here so Im not exposed to the animals in the what are you listening to thread :razz: