The Guitar Thread

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom said:

That’s ridiculous mind. He’s one of the few artists where you’ll actually be able to hear him play properly at the front too - courtesy of the Perspex shells in front of his rig.

*puts glasses on*

*folds newspaper*

”first time I watched Joe play it was £12 in...this country Beryl...”

I think it about doubled every time I did see him until I stopped being willing to pay. 

The amount of touring the guy does is insane.

He must play 200 shows a year, release an album or two a year and buy about 900 guitars.

Turns out the darkside works with the bass too! I recorded a loop using the Danelectro and the Dark Side 12 pt tape delay and hoyed some les paul over the top. (The song is one of these days) 

I was practically in Pompeii ;) 

Fantastic! We've been doing a lot of Pink Floyd at my lessons recently and I've literally just been for a tattoo consultation where I will be adding some more Pink Floyd to my right forearm alongside the DSotM one I already have

Ah cool, the DSOTM is a class tattoo mind, really originally done as well with the cool colour splash look rather than prism.

I can do some Pink Floyd and a lot of that style - but jeez the exact songs can be hard to get down.

• Like 1

Yeh I couldn’t quite get away with it but I’ll give it another shot in time. I think I couldn’t quite hear the guitars for all the double bass drumming :lol: 

• 1 month later...

Got a nice tax refund this week so I've ordered myself some Dimarzio Illuminators to go in my Contemporary Tele and a Victory Kraken Preamp.

Be a while til I get them as they'll be making the trip with Mrs A's parents out here in August but I am real excited for these! :D 

Edit; 

And in a nod to a genre completely unsuitable for either of those pieces of kit I added this to my Dark Side of the Moon tattoo (which you can just see peaking round the corner of my skinny arm) earlier this week.

64693351_2205289363094759_99910641206584

• Like 1

TGU has been going on, which usually results in some cool videos and meet ups. I liked this.

The contemporary Squiers are unreal for the money, so glad I took the plunge to bring mine out here rather than anything else.

All the Squiers look lovely these days, i even played a short scale bullet strat the other day and it shredded like mad.

Meanwhile I got my MBC1 totally rewired. Everything was running through the volume pot and I don’t know why so it’s a little more orthodox now. Plus after some TLC it’s my number one shred guitar since I sold the Ibanez and everything else is a little old fashioned.

Also they don’t make them anymore and they’re going for a fortune so it’s turned out to be a good purchase.(The red ones) 

Also got myself a lightning strap to match it :D 

530F62E9-F7CE-4A13-B81B-B661107FDD6D.jpeg

Awesome!

Matt Bellamy has just bought a controlling stake in Manson guitar works, who make the big version of his signature and announced that more affordable versions will be coming back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tom said:

Fucking hell thats dear :lol: 

Tax rebate :D couldn't justify a new guitar out here but I've wanted some of the Victory Kraken line for aaaages.

Got a pair of Dimarzio Illuminators to go in my contemporary Tele as well.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

A what? :lol: 

Dumble Steel String Singer style clean drive apparently. As loved by SRC, John Mayer and Kirk Hammet (yes I checked the wiki)

featuring here;